Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Congrats sfis!!!

Can't sleep here in Madison. Argh.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• S'upp y'all

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
      It was a milestone day for me today. Some of you who have been around for a while might remember that I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2009. Yes, five years ago! I went in for my five year check-up today and they told me to leave - since I am cancer-free there is no need for me to come back!! Nice feeling.
      Nice indeed
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I am curious. Given THAT big of a spread on price...you couldn't find someone else that gave a better deal? I mean, 10x the price/yard? Really?
          I checked a couple places, both were in the same ballpark for price.

I paid about $40/yard, and like $180 for delivery, is how it broke down. The increase in price for the material is probably the difference between the cities and outstate, the delivery fee is not outrageous when you consider distance driven, and fuel costs.

edit: With that said, I won't buy it like this again, just not a good experience. I will buy it at home, get good stuff, at a cheaper price and haul it up to my house myself.

edit2: So, I checked my credit card charges, and they only charged me $200, so it is still expensive, but not as bad as I originally thought. Not sure why the actual charge was less than the quote, the scale receipt from the trucker was definitely the correct weight for 3 yards. I guess I won't complain about it being cheaper. I'm guessing it breaks down to about $150 for trucking, $50 for the materials.
          Last edited by bigblue_dl; 10-24-2014, 09:05 AM.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Thanks for the good thoughts! It feels like a big weight off my shoulders!
            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Thanks for the good thoughts! It feels like a big weight off my shoulders!
              Congrats!

I believe my dad is around year 3 right now although they caught his super early so the risk is low.

Comment

Great news sfis!

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                paging wT- going to try to make it there tomorrow. If I make it I will post in here so maybe we can meet up to say hello. Where are you sitting?
                Cool, I hope we can meet. I'm not sure where our seats are, my friend bought the tickets and isn't here yet. I'll be in a maize 'block M' jersey, with a tall red haired guy and a guy that people claim looks like Harry Potter (maybe it's the glasses)
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

It feels like a big weight off my shoulders!
                  There's a joke here somewhere but I'll be ****ed if I can find it...

Yeah... that's what she said!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

wT- just met your uncle! He says hello.

Comment

Cool. He's a great guy, even if he's a spartan .

Lowell now, we'll be in 116 row 12
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

His radio booth is directly above my seat. I told him I couldn't guarantee what he might hear tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Great news sfis!

Cool, I hope we can meet. I'm not sure where our seats are, my friend bought the tickets and isn't here yet. I'll be in a maize 'block M' jersey, with a tall red haired guy and a guy that people claim looks like Harry Potter (maybe it's the glasses)
                          just got here. Cowbell section 116 and boooooooo

Comment

116 row 14 seat 9
                            117. I am an idiot
                            Last edited by leswp1; 10-24-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Good evening Lodge.
                              sigpic

Comment

gmann: I am hoping to make the game tomorrow. I'll be the guy in a Gophers jersey.

If I do go, I have no clue where I'm going to sit, as I'll buy an SRO ticket and find an empty seat.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X