Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

I took off the whole day for HOCKEY!! Heading up to Vermont later this morning. I'm watching the weather - we're supposed to get 4-5" of snow here Saturday. I'm debating about putting my car in the T garage across the street so my spot can be plowed. But I'd be shoveling on Sunday anyway....will it be worth the $15? Not sure.

Comment

Fairfield Inn, in Cambridge. Not too far from downtown, and the most reasonably priced place we could find.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• S'upp y'all

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Fairfield Inn, in Cambridge. Not too far from downtown, and the most reasonably priced place we could find.
        What's the address on that?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It's right across the street from the Lechmere T stop. I drove by it on Sunday on the way to the BU game. It's not open yet, though. It's a great location because you can actually walk to the Garden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            It's right across the street from the Lechmere T stop. I drove by it on Sunday on the way to the BU game. It's not open yet, though. It's a great location because you can actually walk to the Garden.
            Oh cool.

That's good cause I was just looking for that and couldn't find a Fairfield except revere and Woburn

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Spent the afternoon putting together a 1500+ piece Lego container ship model. One will never grow too old to play with Legos.

They did a really, really good job with this replica; lots of subtle and neat features were included. It will make a really neat piece for when I get back home.
              The Maresk Triple-E? I've been eying that one, but with nearly 140 stickers and the problem that LEGO had had with pealing stickers I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on another display model that will suffer that issue in a few years.

Comment

• Get a pair of brick separators and they come apart quite easily. Of course brick separators were not widely availible in the 80s and 90s but now come in just about every set over $75. I have about 12 of the orange things.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  The Maresk Triple-E? I've been eying that one, but with nearly 140 stickers and the problem that LEGO had had with pealing stickers I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on another display model that will suffer that issue in a few years.
                  I remember something about people applying clear nail polish over the stickers of models they wanted to display because of that. I've never done a display Lego model, but I'd been thinking about it for a few months now. Damm Lego movie!
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    S'upp y'all

What's the address on that?
                    The address on the Marriott website says 215 Monsignor O'Brien Highway, Cambridge. It said that it was new, but I didn't realize that it was so new that it wasn't open yet. Looking at Google Maps, it looks like it would be about a mile from the arena.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                      That's the one. And yep, there sure are about 130-140 stickers That was the worst part of the kit, but it was really a fun afternoon.

FWIW, it took me 5 hours, 45 minutes from box open to completion. I could have taken more time with the container stickers, but they still look good and I wanted to finish in time for dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        The address on the Marriott website says 215 Monsignor O'Brien Highway, Cambridge. It said that it was new, but I didn't realize that it was so new that it wasn't open yet. Looking at Google Maps, it looks like it would be about a mile from the arena.
                        Yah, that is very close. Right on the subway line too as lechmere is 2 stops from the rink

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Yah, that is very close. Right on the subway line too as lechmere is 2 stops from the rink
                          You think bbdl will be riding the subway?

Does Boston have any taxis in the form of a big truck? That'd be more up his alley, me thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            You think bbdl will be riding the subway?

Does Boston have any taxis in the form of a big truck? That'd be more up his alley, me thinks.
                            No truck taxis
                            In fact based upon my experience when he gets here that will double the boot wearing population in town!

Comment

I actually will be driving right by the hotel on my way to and from the Garden so I can pick them up!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I actually will be driving right by the hotel on my way to and from the Garden so I can pick them up!
                                I call shotgun!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X