Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #173: (Insert Title)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The following Lodge members either stopped posting completely but there are still messages which I haven't Repped, or they post sporadically but not enough that I don't sometimes have to go looking for old messages to Rep.

Sloe Gin
    vellnueve
    RStarr
    erin
    joeyc3402
    omahasioux1
    hockeybando
    zamboni crash-test dummy
    Bakunin
    moe24
    Beer Pong Horn
    vermaple
    GreatLakerMohawk
    MeanEgirl
    bostonewe
    winger
    The Darkness
    nmupiccdiva
    thecomicbookguy
    ajoyce02
    brianvf
    crazytechfan
    Puck Swami
    legal_hit
    SiouxTechie
    NMU8405
    I'm alive. Daughters softball keeps me dam busy.

Comment

Ecuador trip is booked. Fly out the Sunday after the Nat. Chamionchip.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Its a silly law to not sell booze on Sunday too, but we still have idiot law makers that cling to that like society would end if they changed it.
        Very, very true. It's crazy thinking you can't buy booze on a Sunday for football.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I always get my wine in a paper bag.
          My whine, too.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            Very, very true. It's crazy thinking you can't buy booze on a Sunday for football.

First college I went to (Western Illinois) was like that. The whole county was dry on Sundays and the bars also had to be closed. You could have a drink in restaurants, but you couldn't linger in the bar of the restaurant.

Was only there a semester and then moved up here which is a drinker's paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              First college I went to (Western Illinois) was like that. The whole county was dry on Sundays and the bars also had to be closed. You could have a drink in restaurants, but you couldn't linger in the bar of the restaurant.

Was only there a semester and then moved up here which is a drinker's paradise.
              That just seems asinine. Especially for a BADger like yourself.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                Not sure, but I think Maryland may have that law.

In other silly laws, I remember taking my dad to the liqour store one year and I went to grab the bag to carry it out and they wouldn't let me (I think I was 19 at the time). I understand they can't let someone under the age of 21 walk out with alcohol, but my blind father has a cane in one hand, is holding my arm with the other hand as I guide him and I had 2 free hands. My dad had to wedge the bag in the crook of his arm. It was annoying.
                We ran into that here. I had a very heavy box full of bottled beer. Lil went to pick it up for me and you would have thought he pulled a gun. I left it in the carriage, pushed the carriage out of the door, he picked it up and we left the carriage in the rain on the sidewalk.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  We ran into that here. I had a very heavy box full of bottled beer. Lil went to pick it up for me and you would have thought he pulled a gun. I left it in the carriage, pushed the carriage out of the door, he picked it up and we left the carriage in the rain on the sidewalk.
                  Honest question what's a carriage? I'm thinking it's a grocery cart but tell me if Im wrong.
                  Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                  Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                    Honest question what's a carriage? I'm thinking it's a grocery cart but tell me if Im wrong.
                    That must be a sweet liquor store if you can get a carriage through the door! I could back my truck in and fill the back up with beer! What do they do if one of the horses **** on the floor?
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                      yep. That's what we always called it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        yep. That's what we always called it.
                        It is what Mrs (from PA) calls it too.

She and Jr are in a store inTempe looking at stuff that will not fit in our overstuffed bags for tonight's flight. I am sitting outside in the shade and the breeze is a little cool. Thinking about looking for a bench in the sun.

Comment

Made the mistake of going to an Old Chicago, in Wisconsin, while the Badgers bouncyball team was playing on TV. The idiot at the table next me should have been beaten with a garden hose. He was screaming **** like "BADGERS DOIN' WORK, BAYBAY!!!!" and "THATS MY BADGER D, ALL NIGHT!!!" and other equally idiotic ****. And it wasn't even ironically, or to be funny, ala "makin' it rain". This guy really was this big of a d-bag. I put the hockey game on my phone, and watched that. I thought about changing the channel at the bar with my app, but I've inspired enough near riots in Wisconsin bars in my days.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Airplane! >>>> MN Wild game.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

You know what's awesome? Back spasms. I usually can work through them (no, it does not feel good), but today was a no-go. Lasted about 3 hours into my shift, and just couldn't take the pain anymore. Prob the worst I've had in a couple years. Also broke my attendance streak (non-scheduled PTO) which was years. I didn't even know how to log the hours I missed today (as in how to categorize them in the computer). That's how long since I missed even a partial day.

5 hours of alternating heat pad/no heat pad seems to have cured it, but I think I won't push it tomorrow at work.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Made the mistake of going to an Old Chicago, in Wisconsin, while the Badgers bouncyball team was playing on TV. The idiot at the table next me should have been beaten with a garden hose. He was screaming **** like "BADGERS DOIN' WORK, BAYBAY!!!!" and "THATS MY BADGER D, ALL NIGHT!!!" and other equally idiotic ****. And it wasn't even ironically, or to be funny, ala "makin' it rain". This guy really was this big of a d-bag. I put the hockey game on my phone, and watched that. I thought about changing the channel at the bar with my app, but I've inspired enough near riots in Wisconsin bars in my days.
                                Come back again soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X