Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
    I think he felt overshadowed by Sasquatch.

As long as Eichel scores clutch goals the overall number doesn't matter.
    Hey give The Puss some credit here. Once he hit middle age he knew enough to retire from his antics in the arena especially in front of his kid, unlike some people....
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      No kidding. At the summer roundtable, Quinn commented on how challenging it is going to be for Eichel coming in with so much hype. He will have a target on his back from day 1. I do see a lot of similarities with Colin Wilson (coming in at 17, game built on strength and puck possession). But if he has the same type of freshman season as Wilson, who was a dominant player as a sophomore, that will be a disappointment in most people's eyes. That is some serious pressure. He won't have the same level of talent around him that Wilson did, unless the other freshmen are all very good too. Whatever line he is on will draw the top defensive pairing.

My honest expectation is 18-20 goals and 35-40 points. That may be high on the goals. Amonte led the team as a freshman, with line mates McEachern and Joe Sacco, and scored 25 goals in an era when many more goals were scored.
      I'm excited to see a copule of potential top 5 picks on Comm Ave this fall.

Wonder how he's going to be received. He's coming onto a team with not a ton of talent and is expected to be Jesus on skates. Realistically though what type of numbers is he going to put up? 20-20-40? For comparison's sake Colin Wilson (#7 overall) went 12-23-35 & JVR (#2) 11-23-34, both on more talented teams. If he does something like that will he be viewed as a failure? Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by RefereeGrav View Post
        I agree there will be a learning curve however based on what scouts say, Eichel seems to have much more potential than amonte/wilson...
        If he equals Amonte's freshman season, I will be ecstatic. One man's opinion - Amonte was the most exciting BU player I've watched.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          If he equals Amonte's freshman season, I will be ecstatic. One man's opinion - Amonte was the most exciting BU player I've watched.
          I’d have to put Rick Meagher on equal footing with Amonte for excitement. Whenever he had the puck in open ice, you instinctively stood up from your seat, expecting something special to happen. And it frequently did.

Re Eichel: Quinn addressed the pressure Eichel will face in a Q&A that will be posted on Blog in the next week or so. He acknowledged that Eichel will face more pressure than Wilson did, in part due to social media, as well as the top draft pick race. But he feels that Eichel’s maturity and upbringing, along with the support he’ll get at BU, will enable him to handle the pressure and succeed.

My own take—based on video and print interviews—is that he’s a confident, yet well-grounded kid, very determined and mature beyond his years. You might recall from Scott Weighart’s “Burn The Boats” that Wilson’s worries about the upcoming draft became a distraction during his freshman year. I doubt we’ll see that with Eichel.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
            Could be a tribute, but there is a guy in section 102, first seat in a row about half way up who wears a BU jersey with "CookiePuss" boldly emblazoned on the back.
            Tribute?

FWIW, I had 38-40ish points for Eichel in my head as well. As Claver pointed out, it will depend somewhat on who is around him. We know that O'Regan has 40+ pt potential but both are centers I think? Eichel should make those around him better (think Jason Lawrence's boost in production in '09).

Also, O'Regan had 38 pts his freshman year on a good, but not great, BU team.
            Last edited by Tater; 08-14-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              Tribute?

FWIW, I had 38-40ish points for Eichel in my head as well. As Claver pointed out, it will depend somewhat on who is around him. We know that O'Regan has 40+ pt potential but both are centers I think? Eichel should make those around him better (think Jason Lawrence's boost in production in '09).

It'll also be interesting to compare his FR year to Hanifin's, even with the different positions. While Eichel has the savior tagged attached, Hanifin will probably get the 4th (?) most minutes on the blue line and also has a position where performance isn't as quantifiable as C.

Happy for American hockey they're both going the college route.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                It'll also be interesting to compare his FR year to Hanifin's, even with the different positions. While Eichel has the savior tagged attached, Hanifin will probably get the 4th (?) most minutes on the blue line and also has a position where performance isn't as quantifiable as C.

Happy for American hockey they're both going the college route.
                will bet he gets higher than 4th in minutes on blue line

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  will bet he gets higher than 4th in minutes on blue line
                  4th sounds about right behind McCoshen,Matheson and Santini
                  We're not here for a long time,we're here for a good time.

Comment

• Originally posted by groovemaster View Post
                    4th sounds about right behind McCoshen,Matheson and Santini
                    if that was the case he would be going to the Q
                    top 5, maybe higher, picks in the world dont do somewhere to plsy 4th fiddle. Far superior to Santini and McCoshen, not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      Tribute?

I suspect that O'Regan will remain at right wing and will skate on a line with Eichel or with Baillargeon. In a recent article, O'Regan discussed his move from center to wing. It wouldn't be a surprise to see Rodrigues on Eichel's RW; it could help E-Rod regain his sophomore year scoring success that disappeared last season.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

if that was the case he would be going to the Q
                        top 5, maybe higher, picks in the world dont do somewhere to plsy 4th fiddle. Far superior to Santini and McCoshen, not even close.
                        we can take this to the bc thread, but it's the offseason

he's 17 years old and is playing a position it takes a while to develop (no not that way hoky)

in the long term? sure he has a higher potential, but would be surprised if he gets more min than the 3 listed. Matheson is going to get a $h!t ton of powerplay time, Santini a $h!t ton of PK time and is far and away the best right hand defenseman.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

he's 17 years old and is playing a position it takes a while to develop (no not that way hoky)

in the long term? sure he has a higher potential, but would be surprised if he gets more min than the 3 listed. Matheson is going to get a $h!t ton of powerplay time, Santini a $h!t ton of PK time and is far and away the best right hand defenseman.

time will tell. he is not going there to watch anyone get a sh$$ ton of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

time will tell. he is not going there to watch anyone get a sh$$ ton of anything.
                            Me thinks you guys have a whole year to debate your points. IIRC, Hanifin arrives at BC in 2015.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

So one of your recruits, Kiefer Bellows, is playing in the Five Nations Tournament in Germany with a U17 USA team. He had 3 assists in his first game on Wednesday against Slovakia and 2 goals today against Switzerland.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Me thinks you guys have a whole year to debate your points. IIRC, Hanifin arrives at BC in 2015.
                                No - I believe he accelerated and is coming this year.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X