Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Matt O'Connor named to the Mike Richter Award watch list.

Not sure if this is a big thing or not. Anyone know anything about this?

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Matt O'Connor named to the Mike Richter Award watch list.

Not sure if this is a big thing or not. Anyone know anything about this?
      http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...-richter-award

Connor Hellebuyck won last year in award's first year.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        I can't remember being this excited for an exhibition game. #FanBoy
        Ditto. I told my son - we are getting there in time for warmups.....I need to study these new guys before game action. I feel like a nerd.

I assume each goalie will see 1 period.

At forward I'm hoping Greer is going to be an impact player this year. If Piccinich can be too, that would be huge. Phelps and Olsson I'm guessing will be in and out of the lineup for a while. But I have no basis for that prediction.

At D, I think Hickey is flying under the radar, given all the attention on Eichel. Would love to see he, Fortunato, and MacLeod get regular playing time right away. Is Oksanen going to start the season as a F?
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

No Danny O'Reagan today. How come?
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Just watched first period on TerrierTV. Oksanen must believe he's died and gone to heaven. Playing wing with Eichel. Ahti's always had a deadly shot but now he gets teed up 2x up close from Eichel. Olsson looked good on his goal and Phelps had a nice hit. Let's see how quickly the Tommies get chippy. Meanwhile TerrierTV is a disaster. Streaming video doesn't stream half the time. Cameramen half asleep and announcers' voices too low compared to crowd. Will make it awfully hard to watch on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
              ...TerrierTV is a disaster. Streaming video doesn't stream half the time. Cameramen half asleep and announcers' voices too low compared to crowd. Will make it awfully hard to watch on a regular basis.
              You are correct kiwi, this is absolute trash. If it is like this during the regular season I will be contacting customer support, after every game, demanding my money back. Streaming really isn't that difficult. There has to be some terrible piece of hardware causing this to happen. I'm sure its not the internet connection. (University's normally have several T3 lines) Honestly it is quite painful to watch. It stops randomly and then starts back up again at centre ice. GOAL!!!!
              Go Terriers Go! BTW, I'm just another guy hiding behind a keyboard.

Comment

I get it skipping to 100% live after every goal, so I end up seeing the score then quickly jumping back 2 minutes. The problem seems to come up whenever they score a goal they end up with a blank screen for the 10 seconds they showed, followed by the highlight. No idea what the announcers are saying but I can hear the student section...
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Eichel with 4 assists and Oksanen with 4 goals, 5 minutes into the 2nd.
                  Exhibition against an inferior opponent, but still.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

They better throw away the tapes. There were long stretches of "same old terriers" in the last two periods. Couldn't get the puck out of the zone.

UMass will be a better sample size.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So I guess this kid can play...

Hard to judge based on the competition, but I can still judge him against the rest of our guys, and Eichel is on a completely different level. He is just amazing to watch. If you root for an opposing team and BU is coming to your rink.....GO TO THE GAME. He had 5 assists in basically 2 periods of play. And at least 4 were "first" assists, with the third Oksanen goal and the MacLeod goal being amazing plays. Watch the highlights.

Overall, it is clear that the freshman are a huge upgrade. Phelps was better than I expected. A nice goal (to go with 2 assists) and very physical play. Greer showed some skill and should be top 3 lines for sure. But I suspect he will develop significantly over the course of the year. Olsson and Piccinich didn't stand out, but looked as good if not better than the less-skilled returning players (Lawrence, Kelley, Moran).

On D, Hickey is a keeper. Great overall game. He'll make some mistakes, but looked very good. And Fortunato is the next in the line of small slick defensemen (in the mold of Warsofsky and Grizz). MacLeod made his physical presence felt and his goal was a water bottle shot from a tight angle. I thought Diffley looked good too. This team could be playing with 4 freshman on d for much of the season.

In goal, Lacouvee looked fine, but a small sample against weaker competition. The goal he gave up was somewhat of a weird play. The puck popped up and there about 12 people in the crease, so hard to fault him on it.

I hope Moran is ok. He took a big hit and was very wobbly as he tried to get up. It wouldn't surprise me if he suffered a concussion.

O'Regan, Somerby, Lane, and Ryan did not dress. The first three I assume it was because the coaches know they will be on the opening night roster. Ryan I am not sure why.

Saw Parker in the house. I was tempted to thank him for the parting gift (#9).
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        They better throw away the tapes. There were long stretches of "same old terriers" in the last two periods. Couldn't get the puck out of the zone.

UMass will be a better sample size.
                        Seriously Mookie? Seriously!? I could offer you a threesome with Brooklyn Decker and Hannah Davis and you'd probably complain that Brooklyn put on a few.

BU Hockey: We Will Entertain
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          So I guess this kid can play...

Hard to judge based on the competition, but I can still judge him against the rest of our guys, and Eichel is on a completely different level. He is just amazing to watch. If you root for an opposing team and BU is coming to your rink.....GO TO THE GAME. He had 5 assists in basically 2 periods of play. And at least 4 were "first" assists, with the third Oksanen goal and the MacLeod goal being amazing plays. Watch the highlights.

Overall, it is clear that the freshman are a huge upgrade. Phelps was better than I expected. A nice goal (to go with 2 assists) and very physical play. Greer showed some skill and should be top 3 lines for sure. But I suspect he will develop significantly over the course of the year. Olsson and Piccinich didn't stand out, but looked as good if not better than the less-skilled returning players (Lawrence, Kelley, Moran).

On D, Hickey is a keeper. Great overall game. He'll make some mistakes, but looked very good. And Fortunato is the next in the line of small slick defensemen (in the mold of Warsofsky and Grizz). MacLeod made his physical presence felt and his goal was a water bottle shot from a tight angle. I thought Diffley looked good too. This team could be playing with 4 freshman on d for much of the season.

In goal, Lacouvee looked fine, but a small sample against weaker competition. The goal he gave up was somewhat of a weird play. The puck popped up and there about 12 people in the crease, so hard to fault him on it.

I hope Moran is ok. He took a big hit and was very wobbly as he tried to get up. It wouldn't surprise me if he suffered a concussion.

O'Regan, Somerby, Lane, and Ryan did not dress. The first three I assume it was because the coaches know they will be on the opening night roster. Ryan I am not sure why.

Saw Parker in the house. I was tempted to thank him for the parting gift (#9).
                          Ryan = concussion.

Rumor is Maguire isn't in school, and is back in BC.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Why on earth do they still have the italian sausage with peppers and onions on the menu board? They didn't have it once last year and once again "they didn't have that tonight". The "sliders" on the menu are actually not sliders at all, but are a cheeseburger. I could not tell if they fixed the "price of beer issue" since I purchased my Harpoon along with (2) orders of chicken fingers and one "slider" (single cheeseburger). The total? $31.01

Freshman looked great. Eichel is on a different level…. enjoy watching him for the 7.5 months that he will be at BU.

So far so good. Yeah, yeah I know, the Canadian teams are weaker and you can't read anything into this game…. But in comparison, last year we beat the "weaker Canadian team" 2-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                              Ryan = concussion.

Rumor is Maguire isn't in school, and is back in BC.
                              Not a rumor. Maguire is not enrolled this semester.
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                No Danny O'Reagan today. How come?
                                I heard Quinn gave him a two game suspension. I don't know why.

ETA: I just heard that from a couple of people in the arena that are usually in the know. The Freep didn't say anything in their reporting, just that some scratches were banged up. So hopefully that is just a wrong rumor. Would be disappointing to have someone we are counting on to heavily contribute start off the season in a poor way.
                                Last edited by Tater; 10-05-2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X