Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post

that is funny
    Yes I do write for a BC website, but for college hockey, I was hired to work on Atlantic Hockey for this site. While I am a BC fan, it's also a professional obligation to present a story and check my fandom at my door (for what it's worth, I grew up going to both BC and BU hockey games back in the day). Whatever I have going on for who I root for, I was hired here to cover the entire college hockey world. Whether that takes me to BC, Harvard, Brown, RIT, Air Force, Colorado College, or Bentley, it's my obligation to do a story that's been asked of me. This time, it took me to BU. Next time? Who knows!

Thanks for reading, guys. Normally I confine my feelings to just the Bentley board as the radio announcer there, but I wanted to weigh in here and put forward my two cents.
    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

From Jeff Cox.

Jeff Cox @JeffCoxSports · 1h
      Boston University recruit and Edmonton Oilers draft pick Liam Coughlin will head back to BCHL to play for Vernon Vipers for '14-15 season.
      Jeff Cox @JeffCoxSports · 1h
      Coughlin de-committed from UMass in favor of BU and was scheduled to enroll immediately but was pushed back when AJ Greer accelerated,

Comment

article on eichel

happy he's staying in the states, even though it's down the street will be fun to watch him for a year

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jack-ei...150617407.html

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          article on eichel

happy he's staying in the states, even though it's down the street will be fun to watch him for a year

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jack-ei...150617407.html
          I'm going to be completely honest, I'm pretty jacked to see this kid play.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Actually I believe earlier reports mistook BU2K, Mookie, Cookiepuss, and Sasquatch as recruits when they snuck onto the ice after a few too many drinks at the Friends of Hockey banquet. 25 is most likely the correct #.
            So is Cookie-HYPHEN-Puss still active? I was involved in the "Fudge Stripe Incident" that spawned his nickname and have since moved to the South.
            Proud WBA - Section 9 Alumnus

Where's your girlfriend, number 3??

Cookie hyphen puss..

Comment

Originally posted by fleabags View Post
              So is Cookie-HYPHEN-Puss still active? I was involved in the "Fudge Stripe Incident" that spawned his nickname and have since moved to the South.

Well, he cut down on his antics since he married and had a kid some time ago. Not sure if he still goes to the games...
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Well, he cut down on his antics since he married and had a kid some time ago. Not sure if he still goes to the games...
                OMG.. he procreated?? Talk about a gene pool that needs some chlorine!!

Cookie hyphen puss..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Could be a tribute, but there is a guy in section 102, first seat in a row about half way up who wears a BU jersey with "CookiePuss" boldly emblazoned on the back.
                  Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    I'm going to be completely honest, I'm pretty jacked to see this kid play.
                    No kidding. At the summer roundtable, Quinn commented on how challenging it is going to be for Eichel coming in with so much hype. He will have a target on his back from day 1. I do see a lot of similarities with Colin Wilson (coming in at 17, game built on strength and puck possession). But if he has the same type of freshman season as Wilson, who was a dominant player as a sophomore, that will be a disappointment in most people's eyes. That is some serious pressure. He won't have the same level of talent around him that Wilson did, unless the other freshmen are all very good too. Whatever line he is on will draw the top defensive pairing.

My honest expectation is 18-20 goals and 35-40 points. That may be high on the goals. Amonte led the team as a freshman, with line mates McEachern and Joe Sacco, and scored 25 goals in an era when many more goals were scored.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• I agree there will be a learning curve however based on what scouts say, Eichel seems to have much more potential than amonte/wilson

QUOTE=defkit;5986882]No kidding. At the summer roundtable, Quinn commented on how challenging it is going to be for Eichel coming in with so much hype. He will have a target on his back from day 1. I do see a lot of similarities with Colin Wilson (coming in at 17, game built on strength and puck possession). But if he has the same type of freshman season as Wilson, who was a dominant player as a sophomore, that will be a disappointment in most people's eyes. That is some serious pressure. He won't have the same level of talent around him that Wilson did, unless the other freshmen are all very good too. Whatever line he is on will draw the top defensive pairing.

My honest expectation is 18-20 goals and 35-40 points. That may be high on the goals. Amonte led the team as a freshman, with line mates McEachern and Joe Sacco, and scored 25 goals in an era when many more goals were scored.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                        Could be a tribute, but there is a guy in section 102, first seat in a row about half way up who wears a BU jersey with "CookiePuss" boldly emblazoned on the back.
                        If there's a hyphen between the words, it's him...

Cookie hyphen puss..

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          No kidding. At the summer roundtable, Quinn commented on how challenging it is going to be for Eichel coming in with so much hype. He will have a target on his back from day 1. I do see a lot of similarities with Colin Wilson (coming in at 17, game built on strength and puck possession). But if he has the same type of freshman season as Wilson, who was a dominant player as a sophomore, that will be a disappointment in most people's eyes. That is some serious pressure. He won't have the same level of talent around him that Wilson did, unless the other freshmen are all very good too. Whatever line he is on will draw the top defensive pairing.

My honest expectation is 18-20 goals and 35-40 points. That may be high on the goals. Amonte led the team as a freshman, with line mates McEachern and Joe Sacco, and scored 25 goals in an era when many more goals were scored.
                          I've been telling a friend of mine that has BU season tix to expect 20-20-40. That's reasonable, could be more or less if he has the right linemates. Anything more than that is tough to crack. The more pro-style oriented guys usually ring in with lower numbers along the lines of 40 pts so that's where I'd expect to see Eichel at the end of the season, although these types bring with them benefits that don't go on the scoresheet as well.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by fleabags View Post
                            If there's a hyphen between the words, it's him...
                            It is him.

He escaped the rover side of the arena (can't though imagine why?!? )
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RefereeGrav View Post
                              I agree there will be a learning curve however based on what scouts say, Eichel seems to have much more potential than amonte/wilson
                              Amonte didn't play against 25yo's!!! Time to tone down the expectations.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                It is him.

He escaped the rover side of the arena (can't though imagine why?!? )
                                I think he felt overshadowed by Sasquatch.

As long as Eichel scores clutch goals the overall number doesn't matter.
                                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Working...
                                X