Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    and you guys have to shell out $26+ for each

HAHA!
    Well technically season tickets work out to $19.95, $14.68, or $10.47 a game depending on which of the 3 categories you fall into. So for me it is still cheaper than a movie, for someone over 10 years out of school it is closer to the price you quoted.

But besides that if the question is who I'd rather see the U18s and WJC or Bentley, Holy Cross, and/or Army (those 3 took up 4 of BU and BCs home games last year, and got 2 wins) I'll take the former without hesitation.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      Well technically season tickets work out to $19.95, $14.68, or $10.47 a game depending on which of the 3 categories you fall into. So for me it is still cheaper than a movie, for someone over 10 years out of school it is closer to the price you quoted.

But besides that if the question is who I'd rather see the U18s and WJC or Bentley, Holy Cross, and/or Army (those 3 took up 4 of BU and BCs home games last year, and got 2 wins) I'll take the former without hesitation.
      I've never been a big fan of the U18 game, but all in all I like the schedule. I think the WJC game will be really fun (more because of going back to Walter Brown). I also enjoy seeing different teams and wouldn't mind at all an American Hockey team mixed in.... its just that I guess one was not available this year on that weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post

Mookie would take real count-in-the-standings games over exhibitions any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well technically season tickets work out to $19.95, $14.68, or $10.47 a game depending on which of the 3 categories you fall into.
          I had to calculate it myself to believe it. So prices (at least for season tix holders) went down this year, or they added a game or 2 after deciding on the price.

The Walter Brown game is not on the list for the season tickets on the arena website. I would think that would be included but if that game is taken out, the price/game is $21.05 for the regular season ticket package.

While the U-18's are a good Plan B, I'd prefer a real game too, even if it's American International.
          Last edited by Tater; 06-12-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
            I had to calculate it myself to believe it. So prices (at least for season tix holders) went down this year, or they added a game or 2 after deciding on the price.

The Walter Brown game is not on the list for the season tickets on the arena website. I would think that would be included but if that game is taken out, the price/game is $21.05 for the regular season ticket package.

While the U-18's are a good Plan B, I'd prefer a real game too, even if it's American International.
            1 more game at $20 less than last year for general public, faculty, and staff. 1 more game at $100 less than last year for young alums. WBA game they emailed me a form to fill out and send back to get my free tickets.

I get people wanting AIC over the U18s, but I'll take U18s for the possible recruiting benefit. WJC team will be the single best roster to visit BU this year, would I take a real game over a power school like Minnesota or North Dakota over them? Yup. But I'd prefer to see that roster play than a real game against anyone in AHA. Reasonable people are allowed to have different opinions on this though.

The best comparison I can find for it is in the soccer world. Whether you'd want to see the US National Team play someone like Cuba in World Cup Qualifying, or someone like Germany in a friendly that doesn't really matter after the game ends. I'd want to go to both, but prefer the Germany one.
            Last edited by Agganis; 06-12-2014, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Yeah but add the parking....

For those AHA schools, HC is fine considering BC has history w that school.

I know this is my deadhorse but I never want to see Army again at Conte. I was literally uncomfortable sitting and watching that, BC essentially instituted the 5 pass rule after 20 minutes and looked downright disappointed when they scored. I left early I was so uncomfortable with what was going on. Now if they were beating up on some other tomato can that's a different story (I thoroughly enjoyed the 9-2 W over Wisco and the 8-2 W over Ped St) but the fact that it was Army didn't sit right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                lynch prolly got let go because someone realized we have THREE exhibitions this year!!!!
                I thought you loved exhibitionism.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• The U18 kids are already bought and paid for by the time they play here. No recruiting benefit whatsoever ('Cept for grandpie Jrrry up the road where everyone is still fair game! )

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  I thought you loved exhibitionism.
                  Different
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The U18 kids are already bought and paid for by the time they play here. No recruiting benefit whatsoever ('Cept for grandpie Jrrry up the road where everyone is still fair game! )
                    I believe it was either Clendening or Nieto who committed during the week the U18s visited BU. Probably Clendening because that just works with your BC tie in .

Comment

Mookie is pretty much correct. By the time the U18 team plays here, most of them are already committed somewhere. There are a few who have not but that is the exception and not the norm.

Comment

The U18 kids are already bought and paid for by the time they play here. No recruiting benefit whatsoever ('Cept for grandpie Jrrry up the road where everyone is still fair game! )
                        In fact, a few of next season's U18s are still in play. Zach Werenski, rumored to be headed to Michigan, Caleb Jones (Seth’s brother) and Auston Matthew a difference-making forward who was moved up to the U18s last year and became a top scorer. Matthews is a younger player who is eligible for the 2016 draft.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          In fact, a few of next season's U18s are still in play. Zach Werenski, rumored to be headed to Michigan, Caleb Jones (Seth’s brother) and Auston Matthew a difference-making forward who was moved up to the U18s last year and became a top scorer. Matthews is a younger player who is eligible for the 2016 draft.
                          It certainly won't hurt your recruiting to play the U-18's between the few uncommitted players and to show off the training facilities, locker rooms etc of Agganis. That is in addition to the fact that the game will be more competitive than an AIC game(most years) would and it will be better quality hockey to watch.

I personally care more about a game where I can root against BC,UNH,Maine etc recruits as well as see how some BU recruits are playing even if it doesn't count than a game that does count against AIC. Beating AIC at home does little to nothing to help your pairwise and losing (Bentley last year) hurts you big time so there really is no benefit. I did hear that they were trying to get a D-1 team and couldn't fill the slot for whatever reason so I don't think 33 regular season games will become a regular thing
                          GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                            It certainly won't hurt your recruiting to play the U-18's between the few uncommitted players and to show off the training facilities, locker rooms etc of Agganis.
                            I don't know...the most overheard quote over the last several years out of the U-18 kids was:

"Which player is allowed to have his great-grandfather stand behind the bench with him during the game?"
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

A report on Boston Hockey Blog on recent goalie recruit was followed by a comment that Sean Maguire will sit out this season for a non-medical reason.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                                A report on Boston Hockey Blog on recent goalie recruit was followed by a comment that Sean Maguire will sit out this season for a non-medical reason.
                                Well would certainly explain the 4 goalie situation, but creates other new questions...
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X