Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Don't forget who we are dealing with here!
    "Attention loyal hockey fans, we have heard your complaints and season tickets are no longer $395... they are $395.03"

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
      FYP :-) Also, rumor has it the Wisconsin trip may occur the start of the 2nd half of the season in January.
      Eek, that'd have to be mid-January, Wisconsin's already slated two with Tech Jan 2 and 3. That'd throw a bit of a stake into the HE schedule. Would be an interesting change. I'll assume the "interesting" ECAC matchup is one of QU/Union/Yale, probably one of the first two.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Eek, that'd have to be mid-January, Wisconsin's already slated two with Tech Jan 2 and 3. That'd throw a bit of a stake into the HE schedule. Would be an interesting change. I'll assume the "interesting" ECAC matchup is one of QU/Union/Yale, probably one of the first two.
        Would be very cool if BU gets to host QU or Union. Only other rumblings I've heard about next season's NC games include a possible road game @ Dartmouth (would make sense given they played @ HAA this past season), and possible participation in the potential new tourney in Providence (the one Bernie is supposedly putting together).

Comment

Would be very cool if BU gets to host QU or Union. Only other rumblings I've heard about next season's NC games include a possible road game @ Dartmouth (would make sense given they played @ HAA this past season), and possible participation in the potential new tourney in Providence (the one Bernie is supposedly putting together).
          I'd love to get BU on our schedule. I don't think BU will be on our schedule next year unless there are some late changes. Hopefully we can get a home and home with them down the road.
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
            I'd love to get BU on our schedule. I don't think BU will be on our schedule next year unless there are some late changes. Hopefully we can get a home and home with them down the road.
            Makes perfect sense to me. Should be an annual event given the proximity
            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              ICYMI, another highlight reel goal for Nick Bonino in Saturday's game. This one made his OT game-winner yesterday look pedestrian.

Puck Daddy interview conducted before the two games.
              Great stuff. That goal against the Kings is filthy.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Allright, let's set aside ticket prices and schedules for a moment. How about the rumored deletions from the roster? Players who may assume they're returning, but won't. School year is drawing to a close. Isn't it time to tell these guys?
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  Allright, let's set aside ticket prices and schedules for a moment. How about the rumored deletions from the roster? Players who may assume they're returning, but won't. School year is drawing to a close. Isn't it time to tell these guys?
                  BC didn't cut Sullivan until after he had already moved back to school this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    I imagine 1-1 conversations between coach and player already following the conclusion of the season. I'm sure certain individuals were told of their likelihood of earning PT next season; I wouldn't be shocked if there are departures resulting from those conversations.

If such departures occur, it'll be interesting to see if it was per the coaching staff's recommendation, or the player processing what he was told and deciding he's better off pursuing other opportunities. Also, we may not learn of any departures until the conclusion of the school year (once their grades for this semester are in, since it may affect one's ability to transfer elsewhere). Or, in some cases, play in the USHL or USPHL next year before landing at another program.

Having said that, I also wouldn't be shocked if there are players who know they won't play as much next season, but really want to be at BU and will do everything in their power to earn their PT and make the best of it.

Comment

Having said that, I also wouldn't be shocked if there are players who know they won't play as much next season, but really want to be at BU and will do everything in their power to earn their PT and make the best of it.
                      I think there may be a guy or two like this.Especially with guys who came in as older recruits. They would be too old for the USHL so what would their option be to keep playing during their transfer year? Maybe they use the competition as motivation and try to beat out a few of the freshmen coming in. The older guys should have the advantage having played at the collegiate level before.
                      GO BU

Comment

I would hope after the season the team just had that some of these guys would be expecting big changes next year. No you don't want to be the player told that you might be better off finding another school if you want playing time but it ought to be obvious that this year's roster wasn't cutting it. Only about 5 returning players (non-goalies) should have their spot assured next year.
                        Last edited by Rover; 04-16-2014, 03:45 PM.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Unless they thought a player was going to cause problems, I wouldn't think they would outright cut anyone. As Friend mentioned though, you might see a couple of guys leave based on how much playing time they think they can get based on who all is coming in.

That being said, the incoming freshman should have to expect to fight to earn playing time over guys who were here this year, just as much as the guys who were hear this year will have to expect to earn their way into the lineup over some of the incoming recruits.

After last season, I would expect that conversation was had with every memeber of the team.

Comment

As long as the guys who are told they won't have guaranteed PT and stay to try and earn it aren't taking up scholarship money, not the worst idea to have more competition and extra bodies.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I think at forward, it really comes down to these guys as being on the bubble:

Lawrence
                              Ryan
                              Moran
                              Collier
                              Kelley

I think Duane showed himself to be a cut above these guys. I suppose Hohmann and Rodrigues could be at risk if there are any character type issues, given the off years they had (though injuries were part of the problem). I hope Collier is back, he started to show some promise toward the end of the year. With his hustle, he could be a good 4th/3rd liner.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                I think at forward, it really comes down to these guys as being on the bubble:

Lawrence
                                Ryan
                                Moran
                                Collier
                                Kelley

I think Duane showed himself to be a cut above these guys. I suppose Hohmann and Rodrigues could be at risk if there are any character type issues, given the off years they had (though injuries were part of the problem). I hope Collier is back, he started to show some promise toward the end of the year. With his hustle, he could be a good 4th/3rd liner.
                                I haven't looked at the roster, how many spots do you figure these 5 are fighting for to dress?

Comment

Working...
                                X