Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

When was the last time BU went two straight years with a freshman leading the team in scoring? Baillargeon has a good shot at being the second in a row after O'Regan last year. He has a 2 point lead over Ahti and a 3 point lead over his line-mate O'Regan.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      What did you expect from Jeff Jackson, the Claude Julien of college hockey? Mr. "I want to win every game 1-0 with my 'goal prevention, along the wall' style." Remember him from Lake Superior State years ago? It was about the most boring style I have ever seen...even worse than the center ice trap.
      Except for the 9 goal out burst against BU in the NC game

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        What did you expect from Jeff Jackson, the Claude Julien of college hockey? Mr. "I want to win every game 1-0 with my 'goal prevention, along the wall' style." Remember him from Lake Superior State years ago? It was about the most boring style I have ever seen...even worse than the center ice trap.
        Jeff Jackson makes Claude Julien look like Glen Sather from his Oiler days...

Comment

i put this up in the game blog last night... DQ at his opening greet in the club room mentioned how you have to expect players you recruit to not stay all four years, but this showcases how you 1) have to prepare for this and over-recruit & 2) develop the peeps that stay.

nieto--o'regan--coyle

gill--baillargeon--roberto

rodgriguez--hohmann--cisse

lane--moran--privitera

clendening/grzelcyk

oksanen/noonan

privitera/somerby
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I wonder who Parker meant when he said that "we got surprised by some kids leaving early"? When he said some left late I assume he meant Gill and Priv x 2. I wonder if they figured Nieto to be a 4 year player.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              I wonder who Parker meant when he said that "we got surprised by some kids leaving early"? When he said some left late I assume he meant Gill and Priv x 2. I wonder if they figured Nieto to be a 4 year player.
              nieto finished up very strong, but with the start he had it's not like he had a great year stat wise. 18-19--37 in 39 games. but with his year so far in SJ i can't say he made a bad decision. he's had a great rookie year as a kid who turned 21 in november (he could be an incoming freshman on some other HEA teams )

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                Except for the 9 goal out burst against BU in the NC game
                You know, as soon as I clicked "Post Quick Replay" I KNEW someone was going to bring that up! But IIRC, didn't we hit the crossbar in the first minute? That just seemed to deflate them and it was all downhill from there...

Comment

what was nieto, 2nd round pick? don't think you can ever "expect" a 2nd round pick to stay four years. sure it happens but if you as a coach bank on that, you can get in trouble. hence mookie talking about the need for over recruiting. and you just worry about the log jam if one develops. not ideal, i don't like it but i've come to accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    You know, as soon as I clicked "Post Quick Replay" I KNEW someone was going to bring that up! But IIRC, didn't we hit the crossbar in the first minute? That just seemed to deflate them and it was all downhill from there...
                    Yes, we came VERY close to scoring in the opening minute. At the hotel after the game, some of the Laker fans told me they were very concerned early on in the game because of the crossbar and some early pressure.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      He specifically said Nieto and Gill in the NESN spot with Dale Arnold . Saying Nieto was a surprise was a lie .

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Regardless of what was said, I doubt BU was surprised by Nieto's departure. The Sharks have a reputation of being very willing to let prospects mature in college, and having the best ones turn pro after their junior season. BTW, Nieto was moved up to San Jose's top line yesterday with Pavelski and Thornton and scored the game-winner vs. NJ. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/03/sp...tml?ref=sports

The impact of Gill's departure cannot be underestimated. He was a top six forward since the middle of his freshman year, a key part of the power play and perhaps the best penalty-killer last year, and he was on track for a 100-point career. Leaving when he did not only denied BU his capabilities, but because it was too late to add a recruit, it reduced depth forcing more first-year players from a not-that-strong group of rookie forwards into the line-up. Playing a weaker, less experienced group of forwards in turn put added pressure on a young defense corps.

Not trying to pin this terrible season on the departure of Gill--who is having very strong season in the ECHL, but recognizing the impact.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

My favorite part of Jack being in the booth was when he was asked what he sees when he watches games now and he said he watches the referees and just can't get them out of his head. Honest assessment and it definitely was funny.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Are the boys going to be able to get a direct flight this try? Or another with 5 connections?

Comment

Seriously...Just hop on Amtrak Lakeshore limited in the late morning and be there by the next morning. Round trip $214 online now!

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                                Seriously...Just hop on Amtrak Lakeshore limited in the late morning and be there by the next morning. Round trip $214 online now!
                                Did you see the posts on another thread just last week from the Sioux fan who took Amtrak from Seattle to North Dakota?!? Days of delays that poor fella had!
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X