Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    He and I were members at the same club in the 2000s. Agree.
    Well, yeah, that's where I played with him. But I was gone before you got there...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Well, yeah, that's where I played with him. But I was gone before you got there...
      you were at sterling too? though only in fitchburg?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
        I mentioned this is the game thread, too -- Anybody else notice how much Gaudreau shockingly breaking in at the last second and unleashing a rocket (to no avail!) looked JUST like Amonte breaking in at the buzzer against Northern Michigan in '91?
        Just about. But Tony had a bit more time and was deeper in the zone. And Billy Pye (sp?) was WAY out of his net to make the save. **** him! If Tony had 3 more seconds he skates by him and backhands the winnner into an empty net. *sigh*

Just watched 2009. It still gives me goosebumps.

BU Hockey: Decent Past, Crappy Present, Hopeful Future
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddVzRQwUDI
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
            I mentioned this is the game thread, too -- Anybody else notice how much Gaudreau shockingly breaking in at the last second and unleashing a rocket (to no avail!) looked JUST like Amonte breaking in at the buzzer against Northern Michigan in '91?
            How does Union let that happen someone needed to literally grab him off the face off that was a legit break in

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
              How does Union let that happen someone needed to literally grab him off the face off that was a legit break in
              Or win the face-off.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Or win the face-off.
                Jofa is right (for once )

That final tick called for group hugs in the shower
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Or win the face-off.
                  I was shocked that the guy actually tried to win the faceoff, instead of throwing his skate and stick in there to tie it up and delay the process. That BC could get a shot off from a center ice faceoff in three seconds, much less one from inside the zone is ridiculous and for the coach, somewhat concerning.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Thanks for posting - I had never seen that video - interesting to hear Rick Comley's take on that whole last part of the game. Interesting that the GWG's in both '91 and '09 both featured risky blind drop passes that could have resulted in breakaways in the other direction. I like the one in '09 better.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      you were at sterling too? though only in fitchburg?
                      I was at Sterling for one year. Long story...don't want to get into it here. Call me if you want to know more...

Comment

Over / Under on when they hit us up for season ticket renewals?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Over / Under on when they hit us up for season ticket renewals?
                          I haven't had seaosn tickets in a while, but if Eichel actually shows up on campus, I'll be tempted to jump in. Of course, until we start selling out at least 1/4th of the games, I'm not sure it makes sense.

Comment

Also, how does something as stupid as dumping a bunch of confetti onto ice not get questioned by the NCAA, Philly, the rink management, and anyone else with half a brain?????

I really can't believe they did something that dumb. Even Butchigross (sp?) and Melrose were chuckling at the lack of foresight.

Comment

I have a mad hockey crush on Shayne Gostisbehere. Holy crap, does this kid have game. Heck, I have a hockey crush on the entire Union team. I freaking LOVE their style of hockey and can they shoot the biscuit or what!?

It's the ECAC's world and we're just living in it. Who needs scholarships and fancy arenas?
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Also, how does something as stupid as dumping a bunch of confetti onto ice not get questioned by the NCAA, Philly, the rink management, and anyone else with half a brain?????

I really can't believe they did something that dumb. Even Butchigross (sp?) and Melrose were chuckling at the lack of foresight.
                                Don't they do that every year? I remember it last year in Pittsburgh at least.
                                Boston University 2009 Champs
                                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Working...
                                X