Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    They start the 20th. Dorms open the day of the game so students that care enough to go have the option to go, which is nice. Still won't result in even a half full student section. I wonder if BU will open up some student section tickets for sale to the public since they would probably still be able to sell out. Not sure if they have ever sold student section tickets before, although there was one game over break they gave them away to young alums in the area, I doubt they'd do the same for a BC game (nor should they).
    Ummm - have you BEEN to games the last coue years?!?!?
    BU better start paying for peeps to come (and free beer for rover) just to bang out half a house!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Ummm - have you BEEN to games the last coue years?!?!?
      BU better start paying for peeps to come (and free beer for rover) just to bang out half a house!!
      Somehow BU still sold out vs BC last year. Plus BU's only loss by this point in the season wll be the WJC exhibition when Eichel switches sides

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

On a serious topic, unrelated to hockey, does anyone know if Lebron James made it through the night? Is he still alive?
        Last edited by buoldtimer; 06-06-2014, 12:07 PM.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

was it paul pierce a few years back who got taken out on a wheel chair? dwyane wade? both? somehow lebron was the only guy to cramp up that badly

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            On a serious topic, unrelated to hockey, does anyone know if Lebron James made it through the night? Is he still alive?
            I heard he was trying to call Gregory Campbell to share stories about hurt legs.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

All in all I like the schedule. I'm glad to see the return of the Tuesday night game before Thanksgiving. To me that is about the one exemption to my "rule" of only wanting games to be on the weekends.

There are comments on Twitter that we scheduled U18 and went with only 33 "official" games because we couldn't find another NCAA opponent. I like having a lot of OOC opportunities, but its hard to believe that the short Hockey East schedule is making it difficult even for a school like BU. I'm surprised we couldn't even find an AHA team that wanted to come to BU.

Edit: Also kudos' to BU for getting it out before season ticket renewals are due. That was always a little bit of a pet peeve of mine.
              Last edited by ericredaxe; 06-06-2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I'm here in Colorado Springs for work and ran into Coach Parker and his wife and he told me he was here to receive an award from USA Hockey. I was able to snag a couple of tickets to the banquet, saw him be honored with the Distinguished Achievement Award. Pretty cool!

Former Terrier Kenny Rausch was also here, as was former Terrier Assistant Coach Ben Smith.

Comment

Looks like Athletic department event at Tia's got cancelled for some reason...

Guess I'll have to drop by Quinn's house now to give him my thoughts.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Last I heard, the "Meet the Coaches" event at Tia's and another one in NYC were postponed, not cancelled.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      Last I heard, the "Meet the Coaches" event at Tia's and another one in NYC were postponed, not cancelled.

Must be waiting to get a new AD in...

On that subject, Lynch could have been the nicest guy in the world (never met him myself) but he absolutely needed to be fired. The athletic department has been making headlines for all the wrong reasons, aside from women's hockey, and that rests at the AD's feet. I wonder how much authority he had anyway since up until last year he was reporting to one of the coaches. The school needed to start cleaning house over there and I'm glad they have. Relatively speaking, how hard can it be to to run BU's athletics? Its not Michigan or FSU. Get a professional in here with real authority and no more BS like hockey team taking night school courses, or having highest profile coach be the boss of the entire department. A stronger AD could also take a look at the fan experience and maybe look into why the arena is half full at best most nights.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I'm here in Colorado Springs for work and ran into Coach Parker and his wife and he told me he was here to receive an award from USA Hockey. I was able to snag a couple of tickets to the banquet, saw him be honored with the Distinguished Achievement Award. Pretty cool!

Former Terrier Kenny Rausch was also here, as was former Terrier Assistant Coach Ben Smith.
                        I hope you avoided drinking the Kool Aid.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I hope you avoided drinking the Kool Aid.

I had a martini!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Must be waiting to get a new AD in...

On that subject, Lynch could have been the nicest guy in the world (never met him myself) but he absolutely needed to be fired. The athletic department has been making headlines for all the wrong reasons, aside from women's hockey, and that rests at the AD's feet. I wonder how much authority he had anyway since up until last year he was reporting to one of the coaches. The school needed to start cleaning house over there and I'm glad they have. Relatively speaking, how hard can it be to to run BU's athletics? Its not Michigan or FSU. Get a professional in here with real authority and no more BS like hockey team taking night school courses, or having highest profile coach be the boss of the entire department. A stronger AD could also take a look at the fan experience and maybe look into why the arena is half full at best most nights.
                            I'm not sure I agree with you here. As I mentioned previously, I didn't always see eye to eye with Mike when it came to some issues with my sport, but I also think he did some good things while he was here. I don't think you can lay the blame for the bad headlines at his feet.

As far as the half full Agganis Arena, I don't think there is much mystery there. Win some more games and lower ticket / concession / parking prices and there will be more fans in the stands. Does not take an AD from Michigan or FSU to figure that one out.
                            Last edited by ericredaxe; 06-09-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

From twitter

"Some serious comp in net at BU. Hearing from BCHL that Connor LaCouvee '94 (Alberni) headed this fall. Already Maguire, O'Connor, & Starrett"
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                From twitter

"Some serious comp in net at BU. Hearing from BCHL that Connor LaCouvee '94 (Alberni) headed this fall. Already Maguire, O'Connor, & Starrett"
                                I thought Starrett wasn't coming? Am I misremembering?

Comment

Working...
                                X