Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2013-14 Season Thread II: In Witt we Trust

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    Maybe if they deny the replay it stops existing?
    Think this technique will work with Hockey East officials??
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

New Recruit, for the future:

'99 Goalie Cayden Primeau. Plays for Team Comcast U16. Son of former NHL'er Keith Primeau. OTB calls him a "top talent."
      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post

'99 Goalie Cayden Primeau. Plays for Team Comcast U16. Son of former NHL'er Keith Primeau. OTB calls him a "top talent."
        Seems like we are developing a bit of a pipe line with that Team Comcast + NJ youth players with some of our more recent commits. BC had/has upstate NY, maybe this is the direction our coaches are going.

As with anyone who says yes this young, chances are pretty slim he actually makes it to NU. Anyone 3+ years out in my opinion is more fantasy then anything else. To much can change over that amount of time.
        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

He is the second '99 goalie to commit along with another top '99 goalie Keith Petruzzelli (Springfield Cathedral/Jr. Bruins U16).
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by supertacks View Post
            One thing that was a huge improvement this year: quality of incoming freshman who can make an impact.
            I don't think incoming freshmen has ever been a question with JM. Freshmen led the team in scoring in 11-12 (Karlsson) and 12-13 (Roy) and Szmatula was the 2nd leading scorer last year. To me, the bigger problems is that often those impact freshman leave and in Madigan's 3 years we've had 1 senior score double digit goals- Pimm this year. You look at BC, Lowell, UNH etc. and you see multiple seniors who are impact players.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              I don't think incoming freshmen has ever been a question with JM. Freshmen led the team in scoring in 11-12 (Karlsson) and 12-13 (Roy) and Szmatula was the 2nd leading scorer last year. To me, the bigger problems is that often those impact freshman leave and in Madigan's 3 years we've had 1 senior score double digit goals- Pimm this year. You look at BC, Lowell, UNH etc. and you see multiple seniors who are impact players.
              well 11-12 were Cronin freshmen, not his.

I would quibble a bit with how "impact" this freshmen class really was. Leaving out Szmatula, the rest of the class played their best hockey against the lower half teams of the ECAC and Merrimack in Hockey East. Against stronger teams and the rest of Hockey East, they were for the most part no-shows and played some of their worst hockey. Hedges/Stevens/Pond/Benning looked overmatched in conference play. ZAR on the other hand actually did decent against Hockey East teams.

Also last years freshmen class was/is a bust outside of Roy, which we were lucky to get to begin with.

Basically no Szmatula in this class, its not much of an impact class. Not saying they cannot grow and do nice things, but I am not buying the headline on this class just yet.
              DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Im guessing its probably the Florida teams interested in Witt, it would make sense

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                  well 11-12 were Cronin freshmen, not his.

I would quibble a bit with how "impact" this freshmen class really was. Leaving out Szmatula, the rest of the class played their best hockey against the lower half teams of the ECAC and Merrimack in Hockey East. Against stronger teams and the rest of Hockey East, they were for the most part no-shows and played some of their worst hockey. Hedges/Stevens/Pond/Benning looked overmatched in conference play. ZAR on the other hand actually did decent against Hockey East teams.

Also last years freshmen class was/is a bust outside of Roy, which we were lucky to get to begin with.

Basically no Szmatula in this class, its not much of an impact class. Not saying they cannot grow and do nice things, but I am not buying the headline on this class just yet.
                  Teams the rely heavily on freshman are teams that are watching hockey this time of year. Freshman are not be your goto guys, those should be your seniors,outside of Pimm there was no other senior. As this class moves along they will all get better. If this class can stay together there are good things ahead.
                  The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
                    Teams the rely heavily on freshman are teams that are watching hockey this time of year. Freshman are not be your goto guys, those should be your seniors,outside of Pimm there was no other senior. As this class moves along they will all get better. If this class can stay together there are good things ahead.
                    You make a good point. Teams rarely win the really big ones if they have to rely on freshman. BC won in Johnny Goo's freshman year, but they didn't depend on other major contgributions from the freshman class. They had plenty of other, more experienced talent.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                      You make a good point. Teams rarely win the really big ones if they have to rely on freshman. BC won in Johnny Goo's freshman year, but they didn't depend on other major contgributions from the freshman class. They had plenty of other, more experienced talent.
                      hope your're wrong. This year BC has 9 freshmen and lean pretty heavily on 7 of them including the goalie but none on the first line of course....................FWIW Johhny Goo was on the thrid line his freshman year

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
                        What happened to the Ferriero brothers late in the season? Cody was a senior and could have helped us down the stretch. I saw Nathan play this year against Holy Cross and really liked what I saw. I hope Nathan returns.

Comment

Originally posted by supertacks View Post
                          What happened to the Ferriero brothers late in the season? Cody was a senior and could have helped us down the stretch. I saw Nathan play this year against Holy Cross and really liked what I saw. I hope Nathan returns.
                          I believe it was said earlier in the year, at least here on the forum, that they both left the team. Not sure if they flat out left the program, as they are still listed on GoNU.com, but that's what I remember hearing
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                            Then you have your absolute studs like Johnny, Paul Kariya both come to mind who won national championships in the freshman year.

Comment

I believe it was said earlier in the year, at least here on the forum, that they both left the team. Not sure if they flat out left the program, as they are still listed on GoNU.com, but that's what I remember hearing
                              I had only heard Cody left, not suprised if Nathan followed.

Comment

The team dinner is two weeks from tonight at Matthews. Last year, Cody and His parents attended. This year...??? We haven't added another forward or accelerated anyone, and the scholarship goalie won't come in this year if Witt stays. Perhaps we still have some scholarship $ available from Manson and (possibly) from Nathan.

Comment

Working...
                                X