X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    So, you're not MNState0fHockey/JDubbs?
    No, and come on, man, you're ruining the "joke".

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

I'm sure most of you who care already know, but the WIAA state title game is coming up in about 5-10 minutes at 2:45 (Sat) between Verona and Onalaska. Verona's No. 29 (Charlie Parker) is probably the closest there is for a player to watch for potential Wisconsin purposes (father played at UW).

Game is on ABC statewide.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        No, and come on, man, you're ruining the "joke".
        So, you're blaming me for you being a richard here about the wiaa tourney attendance? Not surprising. Who cares if their Tourney attendance is lower. Haven't seen anyone here say it was comparable. I'm sure the event is just as big for the kids in WI.

And FYI - I have only created one account on these boards.

Congrats on the big win by Verona Gurt. Wish I had one more computer so I could have watched that too.
        Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 03-08-2014, 04:16 PM.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Verona takes home the title.

Comment

Can anyone fill me in on the story about those 2 Verona players(?) not receiving medals?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              Can anyone fill me in on the story about those 2 Verona players(?) not receiving medals?

I'm not positive on this, but I think you can only roster 20 skaters for the game and only those 20 get medals.

I think that Onalaska had a smaller lineup that could include their player in street clothes?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                I'm not positive on this, but I think you can only roster 20 skaters for the game and only those 20 get medals.

I think that Onalaska had a smaller lineup that could include their player in street clothes?
                I didn't watch the medal ceremony but you're correct about 20 players. I'm guessing the Onalaska player in street clothes was the kid who broke his collarbone last night?

Congrats to Verona.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  I didn't watch the medal ceremony but you're correct about 20 players. I'm guessing the Onalaska player in street clothes was the kid who broke his collarbone last night?

Congrats to Verona.
                  I assumed that was an injured player.

Comment

NTDP tryout camp invites will be released today. Guessing there will only be a couple kids from Wisconsin if any at all.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

If you haven't been paying attention to the BCHL, and let's be honest, you haven't -- Matt Ustaski is leading the league in playoff scoring with 6 goals and 3 assists in 5 games. Langley can clinch the series tonight with a win over Surrey.

Usataski is the 6'6, 225-pound center out of Chicago. Kid is huge, can skate, can play in the middle. Obviously BCHL numbers are a crapshoot but I'd rather a kid point up points if he's there. I think Ustaski was thought of as a bit of a project, but his numbers are really starting to come around.

Comment

Also, I can't remember if it was mentioned here or not but Cameron Hughes was named to the AJHL North Division All-League team late last week.

Comment

Two Wisconsin natives invited to NTDP camp, Grant Cruikshank and Jacob Nielsen from the Milwaukee Jr. Admirals. Cruikshank is the son of Bonnie Blair.

Also, Dominic Mersch was invited. He's the younger brother of Michael.
                          Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 03-11-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            Two Wisconsin natives invited to NTDP camp, Grant Cruikshank and Jacob Nielsen from the Milwaukee Jr. Admirals. Cruikshank is the son of Bonnie Blair.

Also, Dominic Mersch was invited. He's the younger brother of Michael.
                            All three have to be on Wisconsin's radar, right? If Mersch's brother is equally as talented as Michael, oh my.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS
                            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                              All three have to be on Wisconsin's radar, right? If Mersch's brother is equally as talented as Michael, oh my.
                              Certainly on the radar. Dominic isn't on Michael's level, but he's a good player in his own right.

Comment

Dominic also has the Badger connection of playing for the Gino Cavallini's Chicago Mission program that has become quite a pipeline to Wisconsin. Two other guys that Andy/Chuck have mentioned as guys to keep an eye on are on that list.....Khdorenko from Detroit and Fredrick from St Louis. A total of 9 kids from Chicago Mission or St Louis Jr Blues which have been frequent stops for Badger recruiting of late.

Comment

Working...
                                X