X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Looking at the recruiting chart if there are no surprise departures 16-17 could be a **** good season. But that's a pretty big IF
    15-16 looks about the same, with less unknown. Malone and the MN kids will probably step right in fine.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
      I would love to see McTavish be the guy they target up front. Kid turns 20 in November which when you are replacing a dozen departing players will give you a little maturity. I would also suspect you'll see Hughes come in which I am all for. Letting him percolate in the BCHL in the end probably doesn't change when he early departs from Madison. I would rather have him adapt even a little slowly next season and have some of the growing pains worked out for the next season or two, He is not a kid that will be in Madison 4 years, so why not take him in early. Hughes has an interesting teammate Parker MacKay who is a point a game guy and will turn 20 this Summer.
      I came across MacKay as well. Another 19 yr old is Conner Wilson, he has 57 pts in 60 games. He seems to maybe be cutfrom the Zengerlee/Rockwood cloth as he has 14 goals and 43 assists. Some other 20 or 21 yr olds who are AJHL a pts a game guy who are uncommitted are Jetlan Houcher (love the name), Colton Vannucci, Conner Collett and Jamie King. A highest scoring BCHL guys who are left are Deigo Cuglietta (18), Brendan Taylor (19) Kurt Keats (18). The BCHL guys seem t o have more weight on their frames than the AJHL guys. There certainly looks like there are still some options out there north of the border.

What scares the crap out of me is the D roster grid with only 3 experienced D returning. Dougherty, Ford and Linhart are all going to see serious icetime, with Tim Davison also essentially being a freshman as far as experience goes. Upon seeing the D chart, my enthusiasm for next year is very tempered, I was so transfixed on the F's up until this point. Maybe they can find a 19-20 yr old D out of Canada. Braden Pairs (20) and Jason Bird (20) are the first uncommitted D in the BCHL. They are the 13th and 14th best D points wise who are available. The AJHL will have to wait til another night.

Bummer on the bb team, oh so very close.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I came across MacKay as well. Another 19 yr old is Conner Wilson, he has 57 pts in 60 games. He seems to maybe be cutfrom the Zengerlee/Rockwood cloth as he has 14 goals and 43 assists. Some other 20 or 21 yr olds who are AJHL a pts a game guy who are uncommitted are Jetlan Houcher (love the name), Colton Vannucci, Conner Collett and Jamie King. A highest scoring BCHL guys who are left are Deigo Cuglietta (18), Brendan Taylor (19) Kurt Keats (18). The BCHL guys seem t o have more weight on their frames than the AJHL guys. There certainly looks like there are still some options out there north of the border.

What scares the crap out of me is the D roster grid with only 3 experienced D returning. Dougherty, Ford and Linhart are all going to see serious icetime, with Tim Davison also essentially being a freshman as far as experience goes. Upon seeing the D chart, my enthusiasm for next year is very tempered, I was so transfixed on the F's up until this point. Maybe they can find a 19-20 yr old D out of Canada. Braden Pairs (20) and Jason Bird (20) are the first uncommitted D in the BCHL. They are the 13th and 14th best D points wise who are available. The AJHL will have to wait til another night.

Dougherty and Linhart won't look like freshmen. Davison and Ford will compete for 6th D spot, edge to Davison.

All the Canadians mentioned seem good. But, the BCHLs stats are a little scewed. We are going to have enough big bodies next year (LaBate, Soleway, Ustaski) I would like to see some speed guys. I don't have the knowledge to know if any of the players mentioned fit that profile.

Basketball game was heartbreaking tonight.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

The good news on the D is that we still have Rumpel.

Comment

Not as concerned about the D. Berkovitz and Tische are both '96's and could be options for this fall. There seem to be some USHL guys that could plug in well. Vanko from Oregon, Wi is a '94 and has 29 points for Chicago (and his listed size of 6'1 179 seems solid). Privitera plays with the Ford brothers and Semus Malone at Dubuque, is a '93, and is 2nd in USHL in dman scoring with 44 points. There a Swede named Brun at Sioux Falls that is 6'3 190, a '94, who is a respectable +13.

Comment

Vanko and Privitera are both committed.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                Dougherty and Linhart won't look like freshmen. Davison and Ford will compete for 6th D spot, edge to Davison.

All the Canadians mentioned seem good. But, the BCHLs stats are a little scewed. We are going to have enough big bodies next year (LaBate, Soleway, Ustaski) I would like to see some speed guys. I don't have the knowledge to know if any of the players mentioned fit that profile.

Basketball game was heartbreaking tonight.
                I do agree that I'd like to see more speed than size, it's just at this time the pickins are slim. It's pretty hard to judge the guys I mentioned other than on points, size and weight. A few of the ajhl guys are 5-11 and 160, pretty thin. But does that make them fast? Who knows. It will be facinating as usual to see who Eaves brings in.

Comment

MacTavish to BU. Edit: For 2015, according to CHN.

Evidently our success rate with Mcs doesn't translate to Macs.
                  Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 04-12-2014, 07:10 AM.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    MacTavish to BU.

Evidently our success rate with Mcs doesn't translate to Macs.
                    Right color scheme, wrong team. Of course we don't know if Eaves was even targeting him. There's still a good amount of Canadians available. I just don't want some super under the radar guys who are nothing more than 3rd liners who have a weak history of scoring.

Comment

How about if we consider the Union College way of recruiting? Seems to work for them.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        How about if we consider the Union College way of recruiting? Seems to work for them.
                        Same route used by Yale and Quinnipiac. Not much in the line of hope for long-term success. If you think we're rebooting a lot now...
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

You'll appreciate this, want more proof that Minny hockey fans are not all there:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/m...r-alone-041314
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Same route used by Yale and Quinnipiac. Not much in the line of hope for long-term success. If you think we're rebooting a lot now...
                            Yeah, my tongue was "almost" touching me cheek, but makes one think!
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              You'll appreciate this, want more proof that Minny hockey fans are not all there:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/m...r-alone-041314
                              Madison has had their fair share of the media/police blowing "riots" out of proportion over the last decade or so (I was there for all those Halloween "riot" years), I don't think you'll get the adoration that you were hoping for with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
                                Madison has had their fair share of the media/police blowing "riots" out of proportion over the last decade or so (I was there for all those Halloween "riot" years), I don't think you'll get the adoration that you were hoping for with this post.
                                Those Halloween and Mifflin Street Block Party riots were because of out of state people, probably mostly from Minnesota.
                                Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X