This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

Watched Parsells last night, looked like Chara out there with those high school boys. Kid is huge. Good hands and comfort in the defensive zone and used his size well. Almost every breakout pass was on the money, but he seemed to fire them a little to hard for the boys to handle. Should be a beast back there if he can bulk up in the UW training program. Didn't get to see him much on offense except for a few really hard shots and carried the puck in a few times. They were playing a pretty aggressive offensive team so he had to stay back more than he wanted probably. With that long stick he can generate some serious velocity on his shots.

Comment

So how many are going to back out when Eaves gets canned? He's got some very good players in the hopper right now. I suppose they'd wait to see who gets hired.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I thought this was kind of interesting. It's sort of recruiting related I guess, so I'll put it here. A comparison of first and second round NHL Draft Picks playing NCAA Hockey ('05 to '08 compared to '11 to '14) and where they played:

'05-'08- 64 total; 28-1st rd: UW(9) 14%; MN(12) 19%; UND(6) 9%; BC(5) 8%; BU(3) 5%; MI(7) 14%; DU(3) 5%

'11-'14- 30 total; 8-1st rd: UW(3) 10%; MN(2) 6%; UND(3)10%; BC(6)20%; BU(4)13%; MI(4) 13%; DU (0) 0%

In both sets these schools account for 70-75% of the top 2 round picks choosing to play NCAA hockey. What do you make of it, if anything?
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Went and watched Ty Emberson yesterday afternoon, the 2000 from Eau Claire. I had only seen him previously against high school kids and he was always great. Seeing him against only 2000's for Team Wisconsin really showed how talented he was. Heads and shoulders above any other 2000 in the game I had a chance to see. He's going to be an elite d-man. That's a recruiting battle the Badgers need to win. Going to be a battle with the Gophers for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Went and watched Ty Emberson yesterday afternoon, the 2000 from Eau Claire. I had only seen him previously against high school kids and he was always great. Seeing him against only 2000's for Team Wisconsin really showed how talented he was. Heads and shoulders above any other 2000 in the game I had a chance to see. He's going to be an elite d-man. That's a recruiting battle the Badgers need to win. Going to be a battle with the Gophers for this one.
            If he is a blue chipper we can only hope that Oz is who is leading the charge instead of Eaves!!

Comment

Michigan State made a special trip yesterday to see the Jr. Admirals U16's vs. Team Wisconsin. I'm curious who they were there to see. Top uncommitted's from that game would be Davis Bunz (brother of Badgers freshman, Jake) and Trenton Bliss. Unless they were looking at sniping a committed recruit, that could include Zach Metsa (Quinnipiac), Jake Nielsen (St. Lawrence), Grant Cruikshank (Wisconsin), Mick Messner (Wisconsin), Brock Caufield (Ohio State).

Comment

So, apparently Auston Matthews has interest in the Badgers? Didn't see that coming. LINK

Comment

Conspiracy theory: Granato already knows he's coaching UW next year. This is his way of making a splash right away. Also the Illuminati.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Pal Eichel went to a not-quite-as-terrible-but-terrible-none-the-less 10 win BU team last year and it seems to have worked out just fine so far. Add a twenty five goal scorer and the Badgers are probably pretty good next year. We even play ASU to open the season.

I think this would be a good fit:

Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

So, apparently Auston Matthews has interest in the Badgers? Didn't see that coming. LINK
                      I just awoke after passing out. He better put the full court press on for this guy, and he better personally take charge of this situation.

Granato may be making a play for an assistant coach's job.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Conspiracy theory: Granato already knows he's coaching UW next year. This is his way of making a splash right away. Also the Illuminati.
                        Would be awesome if Granato was coaching in Madison! Bringing Matthews with him would be icing on the cake. And I say that considering Matthews is most likely a 1 and done
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Granato would seem to have strong ties to some of the top uncommitted US players having been a coach in the developmental program....Matthews, Jones, Tkachuk, Khodorenko. Ties to the program as an alum, ties to an emerging recruiting base (Chicagoland), ties to Wisconsin with a stint in Green Bay in the USHL, pro experience AHL & a year as a NHL assistant.

About the only way I regain any semblance of patience when it comes to Eaves, is if he lands multiple commitments out of the pool of Matthews, Jost, Fabbro, Jones, Tkachuk, or Khodorenko in short order (as in the next few weeks).

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            So you are also saying Shuchuck is just a smoke screen to keep us idiots off the trail of what is really going on?

Granato coaches the 3rd period on saturday and no one notices.
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Is today April 1st? I may be an idiot but not a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X