This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    For whatever it's worth, Zimmer is actually from Medina but goes to Wayzata high school. Wayzata high school covers a pretty big range including Plymouth which is why they have something crazy like 3,500 kids or something.
    Wayzata high school isn't in Wayzata, but Plymouth. Barely in Plymouth as well, dang near Hamel.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      I feel like I'll be associating Hughes and Rockwood in my mind all the time.
      I will be doing the same thing. Until they actually get on the ice and stand alone by their Badger efforts, then I will actually be able to separate the two.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Quick recruiting update. Adam Parsells (Wausau West) and Tony Stillwell (Notre Dame Academy) tell me they are going to finish their senior seasons playing high school hockey and Team Wisconsin.

Brock Boeser and Matthew Freytag will both leave to play in the USHL this season.

Not Wisconsin recruits, but Denver recruit Kevin Conley (Wausau West) and Ohio State recruit Max McCormick (Ohio State) will play their senior seasons in the USHL with Youngstown and Madison, respectively.

Comment

Another recruiting update on some prospects if anyone is interested: LINK

Comment

Brock Boeser was 2nd overall in points at the Ivan Hlinka Tourney playing for the US team. he ended up with 6 goals and 8 points in 5 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Quick recruiting update. Adam Parsells (Wausau West) and Tony Stillwell (Notre Dame Academy) tell me they are going to finish their senior seasons playing high school hockey and Team Wisconsin.

Cool as both are on our schedule this year so I'll get to see them in person (and see my boy play them).

Saw Stillwell last season (of course) and dang if he didn't look smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                Brock Boeser was 2nd overall in points at the Ivan Hlinka Tourney playing for the US team. he ended up with 6 goals and 8 points in 5 games.
                And tied for first in goals, which is something the Badgers are really going to need out of him in the future. The 2015 forward class is looking really, really good right now and one of the best of Mike Eaves' tenure at Wisconsin. Seamus Malone should be one of the top 5 forwards returning in the USHL this season, Luke Kunin was third in goals for one of the strongest NTDP teams ever last season and obviously Boeser is Boeser. Having insurance from a guy like Matthew Freytag for either 2015 or 16 is pretty nice as well. Should be at least three impact guys out of the gates up front, which hasn't happened in a while.

Comment

And tied for first in goals, which is something the Badgers are really going to need out of him in the future. The 2015 forward class is looking really, really good right now and one of the best of Mike Eaves' tenure at Wisconsin. Seamus Malone should be one of the top 5 forwards returning in the USHL this season, Luke Kunin was third in goals for one of the strongest NTDP teams ever last season and obviously Boeser is Boeser. Having insurance from a guy like Matthew Freytag for either 2015 or 16 is pretty nice as well. Should be at least three impact guys out of the gates up front, which hasn't happened in a while.
                  It's probably not real often you would expect your Freshman class of forwards to put up more goals and points in their first year than the departing class of Senior forwards, but I would think Malone/Kunin/Boeser should be able to outpace LaBate/Navin/Paape right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                    It's probably not real often you would expect your Freshman class of forwards to put up more goals and points in their first year than the departing class of Senior forwards, but I would think Malone/Kunin/Boeser should be able to outpace LaBate/Navin/Paape right away.
                    LaBate, Navin, and Paape are seniors this year. There won't be any forward seniors In 2015.
                    WISCONSIN BADGERS
                    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                      I don't think that would surprise anyone. Freytag can put the puck away too, so if he ends up coming in for 2015 I really wouldn't be surprised if the freshman class out-scored the departing seniors.

Comment

Max Zimmer is playing for Sioux City this week over at the Junior Club World Cup in Russia. He was a scratch in game one, but was inserted in the lineup today and scored.

As far as I know he plans on playing high school this season (Wayzata), but this is nice experience.

Comment

If anyone wants to get a look at the future, US NTDP recruits Luke Kunin (F) and Luke Opilka (G) are playing against Muskegon tonight and the game can be streamed for FREE on FastHockey.com.

Comment

If anyone wants to get a look at the future, US NTDP recruits Luke Kunin (F) and Luke Opilka (G) are playing against Muskegon tonight and the game can be streamed for FREE on FastHockey.com.
                            If only the site would let me sign in with google or facebook like it says I can...

Comment

I'm not sure if FastHockey.com is offering it for free like the USA game, but Brock Boeser (Waterloo) is playing Seamus Malone (Dubuque) tonight as well at 7:35.

Comment

Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                X