X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    That is fair. I am far more realist than overly positive. That realism has led me to pay attention a lot less than when I was more positive.

I should add, if you want to see a whole different group go over to the Buckyville message board. Not realists or overly positive.
    buckyville they are only focused on firing mike eaves and insulting the badger hockey program.......anything else regarding hockey they don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
      I will just stop by daily and tag all posts.

Your post my friend falls under realism.
      Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
        I'm assuming Davison gets a redshirt for last season?

Is Tischke coming in next year for the 8th D spot? If so, I'd assume they'll try to redshirt him?
        Do you think the coaching staff would bring in a young recruit to be redshirted? It would seem a redshirt should be used for injury, poor academics or not being ready physically. Recruit would give up 50 to 70 games that could further his development just to practice on the college level.

A wise man once said;
        “we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice.”

Comment

Wrapping up the week for people who may have missed things...

Two new recruits committed this week

Cullen Hurley - F - 2014 recruit - Muskegon Lumberjacks (LINK to story)

Two-way player who can play forward and defense. Will likely kill penalties and play a lower-line checking role. Team captain in the USHL, great character. Low scholarship/walk on type guy.

Trent Frederic - C - 2016 recruit - St. Louis AAA U16 (LINK to story)

Blue chipper who is headed to the National Team Development Program next season. One of the top few 98-born forwards in the country. Big, smooth, skilled center who can play nasty at times and has outstanding puck skills.

Also...Both Cameron Hughes (AJHL) and Adam Rockwood (BCHL) won league titles this past week. They move on to the Western Canada championships where they will be facing off against each other. (LINK to story)

Comment

• Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
            buckyville they are only focused on firing mike eaves and insulting the badger hockey program.......anything else regarding hockey they don't understand
            Buckyville is a treasure trove for the kind of badger hockey fan that is actually a football or basketball fan and wants to spend time not understanding things.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Liked Hurley on the Blueline the last time Muskegon played in CR. I could see him playing there a bit at UW.

Nice pickup this late in the recruiting year.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                Liked Hurley on the Blueline the last time Muskegon played in CR. I could see him playing there a bit at UW.

Nice pickup this late in the recruiting year.
                The reason I asked yesterday if anyone knew if Tischke was coming in next season was because I was wondering if the staff possibly recruited Hurley because he can play both forward and defense. That would allow them to bring in one less player this year which helps start balancing the classes. Perhaps with Hurley on board they can recruit one more forward for next season and then let Hurley cover a forward spot and the 8th defensive spot, allowing Tischke another year of Juniors.

Yesterday I wondered aloud if Davison will get a redshirt for last season...I suppose McGuire could also do the same. That would put them both into this incoming class potentially making it even bigger four years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                  The reason I asked yesterday if anyone knew if Tischke was coming in next season was because I was wondering if the staff possibly recruited Hurley because he can play both forward and defense. That would allow them to bring in one less player this year which helps start balancing the classes. Perhaps with Hurley on board they can recruit one more forward for next season and then let Hurley cover a forward spot and the 8th defensive spot, allowing Tischke another year of Juniors.

Yesterday I wondered aloud if Davison will get a redshirt for last season...I suppose McGuire could also do the same. That would put them both into this incoming class potentially making it even bigger four years from now.
                  Plan for a while has been for Tischke and Berkovitz to come in 2015 with a potential replacement for McCabe to be a veteran junior defenseman. I haven't heard anything different since that time but things could always change.

Comment

Dominick Mersch has committed to Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                      Dominick Mersch has committed to Wisconsin.
                      Story with quotes from Mersch (LINK).

Wisconsin's first 2017 recruit.

Comment

...while next year may be tough it's certainly looking like things will brighten in the 3 years beyond that.

nice to see some very good forwards on that list...

2017 Everything In It's Right Place: UW Hockey National Champions
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldicecoach View Post
                          Do you think the coaching staff would bring in a young recruit to be redshirted? It would seem a redshirt should be used for injury, poor academics or not being ready physically. Recruit would give up 50 to 70 games that could further his development just to practice on the college level.
                          I would agree. Redshirting unrelated to medical circumstances is extremely uncommon in today's college hockey world. I think you might have to go back to the mid-90's when UW last redshirted a scholarship player that wasn't hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                            I would agree. Redshirting unrelated to medical circumstances is extremely uncommon in today's college hockey world. I think you might have to go back to the mid-90's when UW last redshirted a scholarship player that wasn't hurt.
                            Chase Drake, Keegan Meuer and Ryan Little all took redshirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                              Now they send them to JRs

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                Chase Drake, Keegan Meuer and Ryan Little all took redshirts.
                                I forgot to include players still with junior eligibility. I don't think Meuer or Drake could've played another year of juniors. Little definitely couldn't. It doesn't make any sense redshirting players when they would be better off developing in juniors.

Comment

Working...
                                X