Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

I have come to the place as a fan where I no longer care who is going to leave early. There is no reason for me to expend any energy on it because I am not making the decision, and in no way can I impact any of these young men in what they might do. While I hope all of them come back, whoever is on the team next October I will cheer for and support no matter how depleted or stocked the roster is.

Just my prespective, I just got sick of worrying about this yearly cycle of events.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
      I have come to the place as a fan where I no longer care who is going to leave early. There is no reason for me to expend any energy on it because I am not making the decision, and in no way can I impact any of these young men in what they might do. While I hope all of them come back, whoever is on the team next October I will cheer for and support no matter how depleted or stocked the roster is.

Just my prespective, I just got sick of worrying about this yearly cycle of events.
      This.

Comment

Agreed. Exactly why I take all of this with a grain of salt.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

People can care, or not, it doesn't matter to me. Just passing along what I've heard that it's far from a certainty that they sign. No more, no less.

Carry on.

Comment

So if the badgers win out, including the big ten tourney, does that guarantee them a #1 seed?

Comment

Possible, sure, but not to the extent that we control our own destiny.

There are teams ahead of us in the Pairwise that IMO would have to slip.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Possible, sure, but not to the extent that we control our own destiny.

There are teams ahead of us in the Pairwise that IMO would have to slip.
                Against Bye is no way to start. No one wins when they play Bye.
                "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

If St Cloud and Ferris State both stumble, a #1 seed is possible, but at this point I don't think the Badgers control their own destiny on being a #1 seed, though losing obvious kills any chance if others tumble.

I would actually be ok if the Badgers got sent to a regional w/ Ferris as the #1 in Cincy. While I would love to see them in St Paul, and I would go to that Regional, dealing w/ gophers fans is liking asking someone to stab you in the eye.
                  Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                  Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                  Originally posted by UWisco
                  It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                    I would actually be ok if the Badgers got sent to a regional w/ Ferris as the #1 in Cincy.
                    I wouldn't hesitate to head to Cincy if they played there.

Comment

Does anyone know how the schedule will work for the Big Ten tournament? Is it a fixed bracket, or will the lower-seeded winner on Thursday play the #1 seed no matter what? On Friday, who gets the early game and who gets the late game? Is it determined by seed, or is it determined by the Gophers? I was thinking that they'd likely give the top seed the late game, even though it would be more advantageous for them to get the early game, as they'd have a rest advantage for both Friday and Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                        Does anyone know how the schedule will work for the Big Ten tournament? Is it a fixed bracket, or will the lower-seeded winner on Thursday play the #1 seed no matter what? On Friday, who gets the early game and who gets the late game? Is it determined by seed, or is it determined by the Gophers? I was thinking that they'd likely give the top seed the late game, even though it would be more advantageous for them to get the early game, as they'd have a rest advantage for both Friday and Saturday.
                        http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...keyBracket.pdf

Comment

"Time: 2 or 7 p.m. CT" - I assume that means it depends on the Gophers. Hopefully the Badgers can get some help, steal the league title, and still be in the advantageous position of playing in the early game on Friday.

Comment

Moy's bracketology made me chuckle this week. There is no way UW, NoDak, and Minny are all in the same regional. But, if they were, the attendance would be better in the West regional than the FF. Still a lot of hockey left to determine the bracket though.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS
                            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                              Moy's bracketology made me chuckle this week. There is no way UW, NoDak, and Minny are all in the same regional. But, if they were, the attendance would be better in the West regional than the FF. Still a lot of hockey left to determine the bracket though.
                              To say nothing of the fact that UND is not even a lock to be in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                FWIW, their was a rule for the Final Five in previous years that the Goofs always got the late games. Therefore, I would assume that they would keep that rule for the Big Ten.

Comment

Working...
                                X