Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

I just took some time out of watching curling and Olympic hockey to watch the Sat. game. UW was lucky to escape with a win. I guess that balances out the Sat. home game against OSU.

1 - Wow, was UW's D porous on the OSU line rushes, just awful.
    2 - Rumpel was awesome.
    3 - Cavalinni is proving he belongs on the ice.
    4 - Kerdiles looked a little lazy out there at times, though his empty net shot was awesome.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      Still quite a few seats available for Friday night, but Senior Day looks like it'll sell out, which is how it should be.
      Only a few tickets left. Over 15,000 were sold as of this morning. Closing in on 10,000 for Friday.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Awful quiet today on the board.

Lines for the weekend?

Weekend predictions? IMO, has to be 6 points and a sweep.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Awful quiet today on the board.

Lines for the weekend?

Weekend predictions? IMO, has to be 6 points and a sweep.
          I have been obsessed with Olympic curling and hockey. I'm still trying to digest what happened yesterday.

I would agree, it has to be a sweep of the light scoring Spartans or that may spell trouble for UW. Any word on the line combos for tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I have been obsessed with Olympic curling and hockey. I'm still trying to digest what happened yesterday.
            The shots called by Mr. Shuster (U.S.) and Ms. Sigfridsen (SWE) totally mystified me.

If our boys can light the lamp more than twice in 65 (or, more rarely, 60) minutes, our goalie might be able to steal a point. Or 2, or ...
            Last edited by owslachief; 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Saturday's game is now a sellout.

Comment

Heading to Marshfield for a tourney tonight. Free "Learn Curling" classes at 7:00-10:30pm at the Curling Club. Torn between watching the game at a bar and giving up any chance I have meeting the British Womens Curling Squad, or actually heading over and proving that curling isn't as hard as the US teams make it look.

Comment

Originally posted by RonWolf View Post
                  Heading to Marshfield for a tourney tonight. Free "Learn Curling" classes at 7:00-10:30pm at the Curling Club. Torn between watching the game at a bar and giving up any chance I have meeting the British Womens Curling Squad, or actually heading over and proving that curling isn't as hard as the US teams make it look.
                  You have 4 years to get really good. Go!
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    You have 4 years to get really good. Go!
                    There's no where to go but Up.

Comment

Can't wait to hear the post-game comments from Eaves. Badgers have had way more power plays than Michigan State. We all know how he believes those should always be roughly equal, not earned.

/sarcasm
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

...and then there was free custard. Solid win and solidifies 2nd place in Big Ten with Michigan coughing up another game to Penn State. Needed some good hockey results after the last two days of USA hockey.

Comment

Each of the first three Badgers power plays led to goals!

Comment

Good win over a team we should beat.

Besse very active tonight. He's definitely more comfortable now than he was at the start of the season.

Fun fact. The wife has been to 6 games this year and has gotten ice cream all 6 times.

I missed the OSU game and she missed the second Minny game, so it's her, not me. Stopped on the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              The shots called by Mr. Shuster (U.S.) and Ms. Sigfridsen (SWE) totally mystified me.
                              Originally posted by RonWolf View Post
                              or actually heading over and proving that curling isn't as hard as the US teams make it look.
                              I don't recall ever seeing such poorly executed shots by the US women, just total freaking whiffs. I think the GB gals scored a touchdown on 1 end! You couldn't purposely do so bad. The other night I watched the GB/Norway tie breaker and that was some awesome curling. Lots more on the dvr.

Game....UW controlled large stretches, I think they took the foot off the gas in the 3rd, which I hope does not set the stage for a slow start tonight. After the shg, I was fearful of a 1-0 loss, since their sieve so good (or bad? as a bad sieve would allow less material through it?), but the pp came through and they had some good open looks and buried the puck 5 on 5. One must think msu will pressure the point on the pp as all UW did was hold the puck, wind and fire from the point, though goal 1 was not like that. Unless they were baiting them into attacking the point and they had some down low tick tack plays ready.....yeah right. Let's keep the hammer down boys.

Comment

Overtime hoops.

Wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X