Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Just heard an awful rumor that I hope isn't true...

****. http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...hockey-miracle

Too soon.

****!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Just heard an awful rumor that I hope isn't true...

****. http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...hockey-miracle

Too soon.
      I just heard the end of this news on the Big 1070, what a shock. I can picture his and Johnson's pictures in the concourse @ LaBahn, I've stared at them in awe more than once. The State is so fortunate to have a family like the Suters call home. I pray the Suter family can find some sort of comfort in the Word during this very trying time.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Put another way: It's a sad day for hockey.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I just heard the end of this news on the Big 1070, what a shock. I can picture his and Johnson's pictures in the concourse @ LaBahn, I've stared at them in awe more than once.

I have that poster (framed) that I had them both sign.

First camp (and second & third) that my boy went to was Suter's. He even let me come out on the ice and help coach one year.

Always a nice guy when I spoke with him.

Comment

Really sad day.

Comment

oh no!

57 is far too young.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Either rename Capitol Ice Arena or dedicate Madison Capitols ice sheet in honor of Bob.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Few different times out scouting games this past year I happened to sit close to Bobby. Never worked up the courage to introduce myself. Probably one of my biggest regrets.

RIP Mr. Suter.

Comment

Today we lose a friend and a true Patriot for Madison area Hockey. What a sad situation. But what a conversation Bobby, Badger Bob and Herbie are all having right now.

Comment

Crushing loss to Suter family, but also a sad loss to the entire Wisconsin hockey family. My condolences and respects.

Comment

Lucas and Dawson spent a lot of time on Bob Suter this morning. Brian Posick, Andy Baggot, and Rob Andringa came on as guests. I found it worth the listen.

Posick interviewed Mark Johnson on 1310 as well.

Comment

Bobby was a friend, a coach to my son (and me) for 8 years and just a plain ol' great guy. He always had that **** eatin' grin when I walked in, always giving me some **** about something, especially being a goalie dad.
                          Back in the day when he kicked my *** on the ice, I knew he'd be great, but no way did I ever think a regular hard-nosed hard-*** from Madison's East Side would accomplish what he did. What would Madison's hockey community be without the Suters and Johnsons? Not much. Bobby coached hundreds of kids who became successful. He taught how to work hard, respect the game, and don't take any ****! I cannot imagine what the family is going through; what a horrible loss. RIP Wood Duck!

I shed a tear this morning listening to Brian Posick on WIBA at 5:45 AM. Poze sounded choked up during his broadcast; it was contagious.

The pictures we have of my son with Bobby were priceless before.

I will look at them more often.
                          Last edited by MadCityRich; 09-10-2014, 08:25 PM.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

So, I recently moved to the Atlanta, GA area and I'm wondering how (outside of DirecTV's sports package to get FS Wisconsin) I can see as many Wisconsin games as possible.

I know that they have some sort of CSTV.com programming for $9.99 a month but there is no indication of how much, if any, hockey is on that.

I know that Wisconsin channel did some last year, along with NBCSN, FSN Wisconsin, and Big Ten Network.

It's going to be bad enough that I won't be able to go to the Kohl center to see them play, but I'd like to at least try to catch as many games as possible from here.

Thanks.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              I know that Wisconsin channel did some last year, along with NBCSN, FSN Wisconsin, and Big Ten Network.
                              For the Wisconsin channel games, they do stream them on their website for free.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                So, I recently moved to the Atlanta, GA area and I'm wondering how (outside of DirecTV's sports package to get FS Wisconsin) I can see as many Wisconsin games as possible.

I know that they have some sort of CSTV.com programming for $9.99 a month but there is no indication of how much, if any, hockey is on that.

It's going to be bad enough that I won't be able to go to the Kohl center to see them play, but I'd like to at least try to catch as many games as possible from here.

Thanks.
                                From what I've heard Wisconsin (and the entire Big Ten) will be using BTN2Go to stream games going forward. I belive there will be a nominal fee (around $9.99 per month) to stream all Big Ten games. What I'm hoping is that means all conference games will be able to be streamed on BTN2Go. That would also likely mean home non-conference games would be streamed there too.

Again, much of this is hope and speculation, but it would be an improvement over the current system of having to buy feeds for individual schools everytime Wisconsin is on the road. A fee to stream all Big Ten games would be outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X