Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Originally posted by TJbadgerfan View Post
    After the Northern Michigan series they have 2 games in the following 33 days. Wonder if that's bad for a young team trying to gel, or if all the practice time would be more beneficial for that.
    Still trying to schedule another series in there after NMU/before UND.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Still trying to schedule another series in there after NMU/before UND.
      I assume this will be away, as the ticket package renewals are on the street. Why not another home series in there versus away? Only 9 games for the Friday package and 9 (+1 exhibition) on Saturday.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by hotpocket View Post
        When does the Madison Capitals schedule get released? Curious to see how many weekends both teams are at home and the impact it will have on attendance.
        Well badger fans only watch the badgers, so no overlap there... I feel like the Caps are already facing major headwinds before they've even started playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
          Well badger fans only watch the badgers, so no overlap there... I feel like the Caps are already facing major headwinds before they've even started playing.
          There you go again trying to be smart and make connections that may not be there.

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
          ... But without a personal interest in the games, I just can't get past 5-10 minutes of anything else...
          I didn't say that I won't watch any other games regardless of situation, I said that I won't watch games that I don't have a personal interest in.

With another local team, depending on what their schedule is compared to the Badgers, I might go catch a few games this season. For me, so much of watching and enjoying hockey is being at the game; if the level of play and the overall environment turn out to be something that clicks with me, the Caps may have another fan.

It isn't that I don't like hockey, or won't follow any other team, it is that I don't watch hockey for the sake of watching hockey. If this is a team that I can see play regularly (live), and develop an interest in the players involved, that is something I may be able to get behind and support.

Comment

There's still 4 minutes and a whole period to go in regulation, and the Badgers in the NYR/MTL game have combined for 4 goals and 2 assists.

Comment

Bourque finished off with a hat trick, but also will perhaps face a suspension.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Bourque's parent's house:

https://twitter.com/saraheleavitt/st...63976154431488

Comment

Can't imagine he'll get suspended for that, but it is the NHL, so he'll probably get 10 games.

Originally posted by Innova View Post

That's so awesome.

Comment

Bernd Bruckler wrote a book about the KHL, has anyone read it?

http://www.amazon.com/This-Russia-Do.../dp/1494379287

Comment

Originally posted by hotpocket View Post
                      When does the Madison Capitals schedule get released? Curious to see how many weekends both teams are at home and the impact it will have on attendance.
                      The USHL scheduled has been a bit delayed because of what was uncertainty about the Indiana Ice. Turns out they don't have a place to play. (Long story - let me know if you want to hear it). So, they are going 'dormant' for at least next season. And they won the Clark Cup, no less.

So, now the league has 17 teams instead of 18. Bloomington Ill. is also joining the USHL after several failed minor pro failures. Although the flexibility of the two US-NTDP helps, an odd number teams is not the most conducive to scheduling. Hopefully it's out soon.
                      St. Norbert College Green Knights
                      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      ---
                      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                        The USHL scheduled has been a bit delayed because of what was uncertainty about the Indiana Ice. Turns out they don't have a place to play. (Long story - let me know if you want to hear it). So, they are going 'dormant' for at least next season. And they won the Clark Cup, no less.

So, now the league has 17 teams instead of 18. Bloomington Ill. is also joining the USHL after several failed minor pro failures. Although the flexibility of the two US-NTDP helps, an odd number teams is not the most conducive to scheduling. Hopefully it's out soon.
                        I would be interested in the long version.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                          I would be interested in the long version.
                          The Ice played for years at the Pepsi Coliseum at the Fairgrounds. But after the state fair concert tragedy - where a few were killed, IIRC - the state & city decided to renovate the Pepsi so it could better hold concerts inside. And, truth be told, the building needed the work.

Well, the Ice didn't always get along with the management. So, during this two-year renovation stretch, the state decided to seek bids for a hockey tenant. And, by most accounts, it appears it was a fait accompli that a minor pro team would get the lease, not the Ice.

In the past two seasons, the Ice have split time between the Pan Am Center, which is a youth rink downtown with under 2000 seats, and the Conseco Fieldhouse, where the Pacers play. Not ideal, but it worked.

Well, now, the Pan Am building (and the hotel above) are being worked on and is unavailable. Apparently there aren't enough good dates at Conseco, and the Ice haven't found another suitable home. They pitched played in Port Huron Mich for a year, and a few other solutions. But nothing could be worked out. The Ice didn't fold, but a dispersal draft was held as the team goes on hiatus for at least a season, likely two.

The owners are looking for options, presumably for building 3000--to-4000 seat building. Why they just didn't do that before, I'm not sure.

It's too bad, because the Ice have won a couple of playoff titles and were a solid organization at developing talent and coaches.

The team had been looking at options until just about three weeks ago, so that's apparently put the schedule makers behind. It's a June or July thing anyway, so hopefully soon.
                          St. Norbert College Green Knights
                          NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                          NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                          NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                          ---
                          SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

I hadn't noticed it mentioned here, but I assume it was on B5Q:

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...052114aad.html

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

I hadn't noticed it mentioned here, but I assume it was on B5Q:

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...052114aad.html
                              Geoffrion's game is going to be a great event it's just unfortunate they scheduled it for the same day as the Joe Pavelski charity golf tournament in Stevens Point. If you want more details on that go to pavelskigolf.com or ask me as I've attended the event the past five years in a row.

Comment

Eh... Point to Madison isn't that long of a drive...

Comment

Working...
                                X