Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Remember when we thought McGuire was a great pickup?
    When he wins the hobey his senior year, you will regret saying this.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
      PP is questionable. I'd think Schulze will be the only Defenseman on PP1 with Besse on the point, Soleway in front, Zulinick, LaBate, and Hughes filling in the rest. PK could be rough.
      Drake played on the PP for a while when Kerdiles was injured...he could make it out there occasionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innova View Post
        Drake played on the PP for a while when Kerdiles was injured...he could make it out there occasionally.
        Unit 2.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          LaBate won't be third line center. No way LaBate gets less time than Zulinick or Rockwood. Are returning leading scorer on third line? Come on. Your lines do make sense though. Zulinick to Hughes, Rockwood to Besse. Ford will probably get the final spot in the line-up. Fourth line has close to no shot at ever scoring because Paape is close to the worse thing I've seen trying to score. Cavallini impressed me in the games he played and I personally would have played him over Paape. McGuire will get his playing time next year, who knows how much he developed last year.
          I think of the top 3 lines that I put out as equals. I was just trying to get 3 guys who can play center to center guys who can score. Personally I'm not sold on LaBate as a C. In my world C's are fast and shifty and those are not his strengths. He and Beese are similar in that whenever they are in the O zone, thier shots get to the net.

I liked Cavallini a lot as well and I could see him on the 3rd line in place of Navin.

Goaltending....It scares me a bit too, a radical idea would be to redshirt Rumpel and save him for the next year when UW has more of a chance to do some damage and see what Petersen/Grunwald can do this upcoming year. But there's no way Rumpel would want to practice for a whole year and stay an extra yr in college. Maybe Petersen would not object to being redshirted. Either one could start on their Master's on UW's payroll. On the other hand, Sanger has done a really good job with Petersen who wasn't really recruited by anyone, so I think he'll be able to get Grunwald or Opilka to the level needed.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Cameron Hughes will be in Madison in the fall.
            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 04-22-2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Cameron Hughes will be in Madison in the fall.
              Great. If this kid is as talented as his press clippings, he would never have been on campus for 4 years (or 3 if he spent an extra season marinating in juniors).

Comment

does anyone here know where I can find links to recruiting class rankings?

I was curious how many top 10 classes UW has had in the past 10 years...
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  does anyone here know where I can find links to recruiting class rankings?

I was curious how many top 10 classes UW has had in the past 10 years...
                  That's all opinion but here are some I used to read:
                  http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...iting_main.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    That's all opinion but here are some I used to read:
                    http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...iting_main.htm
                    thanks!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Will the Ford brothers be on the ice together....they have been playing together for years

Comment

Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
                        Will the Ford brothers be on the ice together....they have been playing together for years
                        My guess is that it won't be a factor. From what I understand, Keegan Ford is a much more high-profile recruit than Jason is, and Jason is a forward, while Keegan is a defenseman.

Comment

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badge...256787371.html

Eaves contract extended to June 30, 2019.

Comment

so...the Blues were ousted by Chicago (YEAH!) and Ryan Miller is taking heat for his performances but nowhere am I seeing anything about Brian Elliott being the go-to guy in the future. Instead the speculation is on an AHL goaltender...I just don't get what Elliott has to do for that team to get their attention and gain the #1 spot. His play the past 2-3 years has warranted it I feel...

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              so...the Blues were ousted by Chicago (YEAH!) and Ryan Miller is taking heat for his performances but nowhere am I seeing anything about Brian Elliott being the go-to guy in the future. Instead the speculation is on an AHL goaltender...I just don't get what Elliott has to do for that team to get their attention and gain the #1 spot. His play the past 2-3 years has warranted it I feel...
                              Jake Allen is 23 years old. 34th overall pick. The GM needs to justify his pick, plus the kid has the numbers. Brian Elliott has had great numbers as well, but for whatever reason has never gained complete trust from a coach to be the go to guy. I would think neither Elliott or Miller will be wearing a Blues jersey next year. I could see Elliott ending up in Western Canada.

Comment

I also find it hard to make sense out of what Elliott has to do to be a legit number 1. If you look purely at numbers (GAA, SV%, in particular), there's no question that he should be getting more love than he's getting.

Unfortunately, I think that Miller will leave, Elliott will stay and simply continue the same charade with Allen that he did with Halak.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X