Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Man did they lay the wood to Cornell, awesome video.
    The ability of Degenhardt, Brandt and Licari to head out there, stir **** up and not give up goals was very impressive towards the end of that season.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
      Before you start running down Jeff Sauer in comparison to Eaves, keep in mind that the only national championship Mike Eaves has won was with Coach Sauer's players. In my opinion, and it appears the 6000 fans per night who are no longer showing up to the games, that Mike Eaves is turning Wisconsin into a second tier program.
      We went from the Jeff Sauer Country Club to the rigid Mike Eaves. Now after multiple seasons Mike Eaves is losing his edge as a coach. The program is 2nd tier now. Even though we have great recruiting classes coming in I do not have confidence they will be ready to compete at the top level in College Hockey when their turn comes.

Eaves prepares the gifted players very well for the NHL. The majority of his college teams have under achieved because the players don't have the freedom to make their own decisions on the ice enough of the time in the offensive end. They know if they screw up Eaves will be all over them. Realty is it's a declining program and until it loses money no one at the top will really care.

Comment

Seeing some of the guys around campus wearing full gear except skates gave me quite a chuckle today

Comment

Have at it:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/ExileOn...ers-in-the-nhl

Edit: I only got 38/51 and I wrote the **** thing. 3 of those misses I definitely should've had.
          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 10-23-2014, 04:56 PM.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Have at it:

Edit: I only got 38/51 and I wrote the **** thing. 3 of those misses I definitely should've had.
            "Jake Skille" should be "Jack Skille."

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              "Jake Skille" should be "Jack Skille."
              Oops. Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Quickly put together projected lineups for the next three years in case anyone is interested. On paper these are all NCAA tournament-type teams that should be able to put the puck in the net. Make of it what you wish.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                ...and where would Jost and Fabbro fit in there if they committed?

Comment

Originally posted by TJbadgerfan View Post
                  ...and where would Jost and Fabbro fit in there if they committed?
                  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They would score a lot of goals. A LOT of goals.

Comment

Have at it:

I did pretty good, but to be fair I paused it when my wife started talking to me. This gave me a chance to really concentrate on old Badger Hockey players.

I feel I owe Paul Ranheim a public apology considering all the goals I saw him score as a Badger.

Kelly Fairchild is an incorrect answer, I think.

How is it that 42% of respondents would leave off Eaves?

And lastly, any word on the street as to how Davison is progressing?
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Kelly Fairchild is an incorrect answer, I think.
                      Not according to my source: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...eyFactBook.pdf

Or hockeydb.com for that matter: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=11377

How is it that 42% of respondents would leave off Eaves?
                      One would think that the current resentment towards Eaves as less of a college coach and more of an NHL prep school would remind people that he played in the NHL for quite a while.

Comment

Right, but your sources list Kelly as playing 34 NHL games and your question says 82 NHL games.

This is what happens when your quiz is not verified by Sporcle!
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Right, but your sources list Kelly as playing 34 NHL games and your question says 82 NHL games.

This is what happens when your quiz is not verified by Sporcle!
                          Ugh. I put all this in a spreadsheet (that I didn't save) and just copied/pasted into Sporcle. Not sure what happened when I tried sorting by games played. Or it could be that I mis-keyed it in Excel when I was collecting the data. Probably the latter.

Keep your eyes open for more mistakes. I'm sure this will be verified and vetted by the USCHO community before Sporcle even knows that it exists.

Comment

So, the Crease Creatures have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creas...71425282905121

I assume that this is run by the Athletic Department?

Comment

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...e4582c59d.html

Well this article is going to stir further conversation....

Comment

SNC 4 - UW 1

You heard it here.

Comment

Working...
                                X