Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Well this appears to settle the OSU series:

https://***********/BadgerMHockey/st...09428583186433

Originally posted by @BadgerMHockey
    Schedule update for 2014-15... #Badgers will play all their series on Friday-Saturday
    That's very good news to hear!
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      In other news, I dropped my Saturday tickets (dropped my Fridays a couple of years ago).

Will now just purchase on a game by game basis.
      I dropped my Friday tickets last year and my Saturday tickets this year. It was a really sad turn of events. It wasn't because of any dissatisfaction with the team or the coaching, just a decline in health and oomph. I was pushing for the 40 year mark, but ended up stopping at 38 years. An awful lot of fun through the years.
      "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

A poster on the SNC thread says the UW/SNC game will be closed to the public. Any word on this?
        St. Norbert College Green Knights
        NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
        NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
        NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
        ---
        SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
          A poster on the SNC thread says the UW/SNC game will be closed to the public. Any word on this?
          Wisconsin athletic department miss out on an opportunity to make an extra buck? That would be surprising. I'll look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
            Just received clarification from Wisconsin:

"It is a scrimmage. Essentially two teams practicing together. There aren’t really any details. It is not set up to be a public event."

Comment

Nice way to treat your in-state friends. I'd say complain early and often and you could win the battle, but if it's mostly a practice that's pretty lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Just received clarification from Wisconsin:

"It is a scrimmage. Essentially two teams practicing together. There aren’t really any details. It is not set up to be a public event."
                That sucks. Baggot sure implied it was a public event. The risk of it being public is losing to a non D1 team in front of thousands.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  Nice way to treat your in-state friends. I'd say complain early and often and you could win the battle, but if it's mostly a practice that's pretty lame.

How so?

They may be thrilled to get to scrimmage the D-1 boys. A chance to see how they compare.

It's quite possible that a scrimmage was all it was ever intended to be and that both programs are happy with it as is.

Comment

Biggest issue is that it was communicated poorly to the SNC fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      Biggest issue is that it was communicated poorly to the SNC fans.
                      It was communicated poorly to everyone. I can take some of the blame in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        How so?

They may be thrilled to get to scrimmage the D-1 boys. A chance to see how they compare.
                        Maybe they wanted to show everyone else how they might compare too?

There is only one team with something to lose in this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          It was communicated poorly to everyone.
                          Baggott said it was to fill a void in the schedule, which to fans means we see them play, like a USDP game or an Olympic team game. Apparently the void is strictly an internal void. The void in the fan's schedule is meaningless I guess.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Baggott said it was to fill a void in the schedule, which to fans means we see them play, like a USDP game or an Olympic team game. Apparently the void is strictly an internal void. The void in the fan's schedule is meaningless I guess.

Would you go to this?

I don't believe it would be much of a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              So, you are saying you would pay $25 to watch this game?

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                                So, you are saying you would pay $25 to watch this game?

More likely, he'd find a season ticket holder who got stuck paying for them who is giving them away.

Seriously though, if this interests you as a fan while our attendance for real games is around 8k, I just don't know what to make of that.

I guess I just have better ways to spend my time.

Comment

Working...
                                X