Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Missing out on two "free" home games has to be frustrating for season ticket holders.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      Missing out on two "free" home games has to be frustrating for season ticket holders.
      The games they were trying to schedule were to be played on the road anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        The games they were trying to schedule were to be played on the road anyway.
        Any particular reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
          Any particular reason?
          Allegedly wanted to take advantage of the road bonus points in the RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Allegedly wanted to take advantage of the road bonus points in the RPI.
            Got it. I was thinking two wins at home against just about anyone would be positive versus the larger risk of a loss on the road no matter who you play.

Comment

Yes it is, but it doesn't help that UW has a AD who only cares about the Football team.
              UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                Ugh, not sure who SNC brings back, but UW could easily lose that game if a majority of their players are back from their title team. I'm not sure I would have agreed to that game. If anything, just play it as a closed scrimmage.

SNC returns seven of its eight top scorers from last year, but the one of those was Joe Perry, who led the team in goals (third in overall points).

The goalie, David Jacobson of Janesville, returns for his season season. He's already led them to two national titles. He's very good - and is who gives SNC a fighting chance of keeping the game close.

Two of the key graduates were defensemen Zach McDonald & Reid Campbell.

And while forward Patrick McCadden wasn't a great offensive threat, the former MTU Huskie player was excellent at faceoffs.

There's certainly enough turnover that it's not going to be the same team that won the title. One aspect that the loss on defense may impact is that last year SNC held opponents to 8.9% on the power play.
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  Got it. I was thinking two wins at home against just about anyone would be positive versus the larger risk of a loss on the road no matter who you play.
                  It's possible that they couldn't find anyone willing to come to Madison on a one way deal and no potential road opponents who were willing to accept UW's terms. Other Big Ten schools like to offer lopsided deals. They'll make one trip to your barn in exchange for two or three to theirs.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                    Yes it is, but it doesn't help that UW has a AD who only cares about the Football team.
                    Fact.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      It's possible that they couldn't find anyone willing to come to Madison on a one way deal and no potential road opponents who were willing to accept UW's terms. Other Big Ten schools like to offer lopsided deals. They'll make one trip to your barn in exchange for two or three to theirs.
                      It makes total sense why they couldn't fill the gap in the schedule this late in the game.

It doesn't explain why the gap in the schedule wasn't addressed a year or two ago, like it would've been if this were one of the programs that Barry gave a **** about made more money.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Maybe those of you with more of an interest in the bounceyball program can help me out here: does the AD struggle to fill out the schedule for Bo Ryan ever? Is there a precedent for the basketball team to leave games on the table like this?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            This is awesome. Sad, and probably too accurate, but awesome.

Comment

The good news is: oh, hey cool! Red-White scrimmage in Green Bay!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                It makes total sense why they couldn't fill the gap in the schedule this late in the game.

It doesn't explain why the gap in the schedule wasn't addressed a year or two ago, like it would've been if this were one of the programs that Barry gave a **** about made more money.
                                I usually don't mind the Barry bashing but give me a break here....

Comment

Working...
                                X