Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

I had a ****ing blast. It was fun to be at a game, or watch a game on TV, where I could just sit back & relax. Geoffrion was the star, but the co-stars were Burish & Elliott; they were hilarious.

Pregame, Mrs. MCR & I got some smiles and/or winks from the players we know and got them to flip some pucks over the glass for some rink rats around us. That's a cool feeling!

Next year: Kohl Center with 10,000.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Glad to hear everyone had a great time last night. Work obligations kept me away but I wish I could have been there.

On an unrelated note, three Badgers picked in the NHL Draft today. Jack Dougherty to Nashville in the second round, Matt Berkovitz to Anaheim in the 5th and Matt Ustaski to Winnipeg in the 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        If they don't pay him to play or give him other benefits, what's the problem? Players don't have to remain anonymous when they go visit schools and hospitals.
        He'd be using his name to raise money, or more specifically, using his name to raise money that doesn't go to the NCAA.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by maizerage View Post
          he'd be using his name to raise money, or more specifically, using his name to raise money that doesn't go to the ncaa.
          nc$$

Comment

I was also at the charity game! As others have said, it really was a blast! I think that's the most fun I've had in years at a hockey game to be honest! As a season ticket holder, I also got to do the meet and greet. It really felt like old times again! Really nice to catch up with some of the guys that have been gone for quite a few years such as Tom Gilbert, Robbie Earl and Brad Winchester. I have a bunch of pictures, but haven't had time to play around with them yet. The silent auction was interesting as well. I bid on Andrew Joudrey's BGHC game worn jersey and managed to win it. I was very happy to donate that $250 for the jersey. Really hoping they do it again next year and in the Kohl Center!
            I searched for glory, glory I did not see. I searched for victory, victory alluded me. I searched for team and I found all three!

Comment

I ordered my season tickets this morning. I was happy when they decided to sell hockey tickets two weeks later than football tickets, because there are so many opportunities to promote it. They did pretty much the bare minimum, and are continuing not to care at all. Even the "hockey tickets are on sale tomorrow" reminder email was sent out at 11:30 last night. The UW Badgers twitter and facebook feeds are just a bunch of pictures of Camp Randall Stadium right now (seriously). The UW-Madison social media outlets are silent now, but they sure do their best to make sure the drunk kids who waste their money on football tickets every year and don't care get their tickets along with (and instead of) the thousands of students who will actually support the football team.

If they don't sell out (yes, there's still plenty of time), I will consider it a miserable failure, even considering the past few years.

Comment

• I saw they tweeted out that they had sold 600 so far. Any guess on what that equates to section-wise? If rows are 15 wide, that's 40 rows. I'm guessing that'd be a little less than two lower bowl sections.

Edit: on the ticket info page, it says the student section is a maximum of 2,000 seats. So they've sold about 30%.
                Last edited by GBBadger14; 06-30-2014, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                  I saw they tweeted out that they had sold 600 so far. Any guess on what that equates to section-wise? If rows are 15 wide, that's 40 rows. I'm guessing that'd be a little less than two lower bowl sections.

Edit: on the ticket info page, it says the student section is a maximum of 2,000 seats. So they've sold about 30%.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                    I saw they tweeted out that they had sold 600 so far. Any guess on what that equates to section-wise? If rows are 15 wide, that's 40 rows. I'm guessing that'd be a little less than two lower bowl sections.

We'll see how it plays out in the next couple of months, but I'm guessing it's a better pace than last year. I don't remember what the exact number from last year was, though.

Each lower bowl section only goes back to O or maybe P, so it's closer to 15 rows deep.

Comment

Almost 900 student tickets sold on day 1.

Comment

From what I remember from the numbers they showed at the summit, 600 isn't bad compared to last year... esp this early... but it's pretty bad compared to even a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The-C2 View Post
                          From what I remember from the numbers they showed at the summit, 600 isn't bad compared to last year... esp this early... but it's pretty bad compared to even a few years ago.
                          Do you remember any more about what the numbers looked like? And did that include ticket sales over time? I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            Do you remember any more about what the numbers looked like? And did that include ticket sales over time? I'm curious.
                            Its been awhile but I believe they had the last three years of total student tickets sold and avg student attendance. The graphs for both looked like a 1/x graph... I believe that 3 years ago was like 3.5 to 4 ish times more than last years.

Comment

Madison Capitols schedule was released today. By my quick look there are up to six conflicts with the Badgers being at home on the same night. November 28 (Ferris State), December 12 (U.S. NTDP U18), January 29/30/31 (Minnesota) and February 20/21 (Michigan State).

The Minnesota series could end up being Thursday/Friday, and in that case there would only be a conflict for one night of that series. Obviously the NTDP game is an exhibition.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                Madison Capitols schedule was released today. By my quick look there are up to six conflicts with the Badgers being at home on the same night. November 28 (Ferris State), December 12 (U.S. NTDP U18), January 29/30/31 (Minnesota) and February 20/21 (Michigan State).

The Minnesota series could end up being Thursday/Friday, and in that case there would only be a conflict for one night of that series. Obviously the NTDP game is an exhibition.
                                I suppose that's about as good as we can ask for, considering the USHL (sensibly) likes to have its games on weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X