Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New UNO Arena Construction Thread---Facility to open for the start of '15-'16 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New UNO Arena Construction Thread---Facility to open for the start of '15-'16 Sea

Another 121 season tickets were sold today by the UNO Athletic Department.

That brings the total number still available to be purchased down to 971. 7,500 minus 500 held back for public, single game sales = 7,000 minus 6,028 season tickets sold, to date = 971 remaining.

ALL the remaining club seats were sold today as were the remaining seats in another 4 sections of the arena, making 11 sections that are completely sold out.

Of the 22 sections of the arena that still have tickets remaining in them, 4 of those have 15 seats or less left in them.

Comment

• Re: New UNO Arena Construction Thread---Facility to open for the start of '15-'16 Sea

Actual video demonstration of UNO's new "Taco Cannon":

http://www.ketv.com/news/tacocannon-..._campaign=ketv

I note on Twitter that Biddco is threatening to paint a target on his stomach with Cholula Sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
        Actual video demonstration of UNO's new "Taco Cannon":

http://www.ketv.com/news/tacocannon-..._campaign=ketv

I note on Twitter that Biddco is threatening to paint a target on his stomach with Cholula Sauce.
        No that was RWD. I was making light of the taco cannon in other ways.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          No that was RWD. I was making light of the taco cannon in other ways.

I wish this was the "Gatling Gun" version of this thing:

http://www.readthehorn.com/photos/68...59/taco_cannon

.................instead of the wimpy single shot version.

Far more menacing. I'd like to see anybody purposefully get in the line of fire of this:

http://www.readthehorn.com/photos/81...06/taco_cannon

Comment

Next up on the radar screen is the "Tacocopter":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1375842.html

Delivery by drone, too.

Comment

Can you tell it is Friday?

Since Wednesday at 5:00 P.M., UNO has sold 558 season tickets including 503 just today.

When season tickets go on sale to the general public at 8:00 A.M. on Monday morning only 413 seats will remain available for season ticket purchase by the public barring any sales between then and now.

This is so many tickets that there was conjecture here today that the school has, in the last 24 hours, blocked out sales in certain sections that are going to be earmarked for the visiting school (100 seats?) as well as, perhaps, some of the 500 seats per game they want to earmark for single game ticket sales.

For example, Section 208 of the building, that yesterday had 50 seats for sale in it all of a sudden today has none. This is a section of the building that had seen no sales since the 18th and all of a sudden has zero seats left available for sale in it. 15 sections of this 33 seat arena are now spoken for, in one way or another. 4 of the sections that have seats remaining in them have 5 seats left in them or less.

The question now isn't whether all available season tickets get sold next week, the question is how early in the week is that going to happen? In the exactly 30 days they have been for sale in the first place, the school has averaged selling 220 tickets per day and the Athletic Department offices are only open Monday through Friday, although online ticket sales to "approved" buyers (One Fund contributors and existing season ticket holders) have been available 24/7.

In 1997, UNO after the '96 announcement of the program, UNO sold 6,314 season tickets (the number it was cut-off at as it was assumed that UNO was then going to be playing in Aksarben Coliseum and that was the capacity of that arena) in some phenomenal amount of time was well. I don't remember if that was in a 30 day period or not. What I remember was that it happened--fast.

Whatever the answer, sales started this time 30 days ago, today, and in that 30 days, the school has sold 6,587 season tickets before even making them available to the general public.

That is one mighty impressive accomplishment.

I'm not sure if I posted this earlier in the thread or not, but, here is the map of sales so far and what is left:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/uno...tails/1516HOCK

Sections in red are sold out.
              Last edited by Red Cows; 04-24-2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

That didn't take long.

I don't know what time today it occurred, but UNO has now sold all 7,000 season tickets available in the arena. There are EXACTLY 500 seats left in the building as I write this. 18 complete sections of the 33 sections are totally sold out. Whether these 500 seats that are left are going to be part of holdbacks for the other team(s) or not, I do not know. My suspicion is that other seats that were marked sold last week are part of those holdbacks. If that is indeed the case then the actual season ticket count sold is probably 6,900 instead of 7,000, if 100 is what they customarily set aside for visiting teams.

In any event, season ticket sales are over. It took 32 days to sell out the building.

By the way, this assumes that the student section of 750 seats, never made available to anyone, is sold out every night, because that number is part of the 7,500 seats in the arena total.

Somebody want to tell me, again, why this building is "big enough"? Because I have sure had a ton of people disagree with my all-along-going-contention that this facility is far too small. I take great solace in even Coach Blais publicly saying recently that this is too small of a building and that he had wanted at least a 9,000 seat arena.

Oh, well, it is what it is. The folly of the school's way is now very evident and will be even more so in the days to come. I just hope and pray that they had the foresight to design this in such a way that it could be added onto just like the Qwest/CenturyLink Center was.

No matter what, this will be a better atmosphere than the one that existed playing in front of under 9,000 + fan crowds the Clink had.
                Last edited by Red Cows; 04-27-2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

They need to set up a clearing house for people with season tickets that know in advance that they will not be able to attend a game or series. Then those tickets can be resold with a small handling fee.

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  That didn't take long.

I don't know what time today it occurred, but UNO has now sold all 7,000 season tickets available in the arena. There are EXACTLY 500 seats left in the building as I write this. 18 complete sections of the 33 sections are totally sold out. Whether these 500 seats that are left are going to be part of holdbacks for the other team(s) or not, I do not know. My suspicion is that other seats that were marked sold last week are part of those holdbacks. If that is indeed the case then the actual season ticket count sold is probably 6,900 instead of 7,000, if 100 is what they customarily set aside for visiting teams.

In any event, season ticket sales are over. It took 32 days to sell out the building.

By the way, this assumes that the student section of 750 seats, never made available to anyone, is sold out every night, because that number is part of the 7,500 seats in the arena total.

Somebody want to tell me, again, why this building is "big enough"? Because I have sure had a ton of people disagree with my all-along-going-contention that this facility is far too small. I take great solace in even Coach Blais publicly saying recently that this is too small of a building and that he had wanted at least a 9,000 seat arena.

Oh, well, it is what it is. The folly of the school's way is now very evident and will be even more so in the days to come. I just hope and pray that they had the foresight to design this in such a way that it could be added onto just like the Qwest/CenturyLink Center was.

No matter what, this will be a better atmosphere than the one that existed playing in front of under 9,000 + fan crowds the Clink had.
                  UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

And when you have empty seats you'll know it's season ticket holders not showing up for games. That's allegedly the cause for all the empty seats at Amsoil.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Then the price of Amsoil should be cheaper. Phooey!
                      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                        Then the price of Amsoil should be cheaper. Phooey!

If all the seats at Amsoil have been sold as season tickets why would they need to lower the price?

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          And when you have empty seats you'll know it's season ticket holders not showing up for games. That's allegedly the cause for all the empty seats at Amsoil.
                          Why season ticket holders don't show up for games is beyond me.

Have I gone to every game all 10 seasons I have had them?

Nope.

But, I have made sure they got into the hands of somebody that would use them if I didn't. I almost consider it a duty. In fact, I feel more strongly about it, now, because of the "small size" of our new facility.

I'm already pseudo-sure I'm not going to go to UNO's Trinity Western exhibition home game on Saturday, January 2nd. This is almost certainly going to be the night of one of the BCS semi-final games and, if it is, I think I'd rather see that than a meaningless game against a team UNO isn't likely to ever play again.

Anybody from the forum or otherwise wants to take a run at me for my tickets that night, I will probably entertain the notion provided there is a BCS playoff game that night. If so, I'd sell them for face value. First come. First served.

Comment

Latest edition of "Maverick Minutes" from UNO that is the first in awhile and details (among other things) the pouring of the floors in both arenas (this is a dual rink facility, mind you). It is pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8cHDgPv5gU

In it take note that NO ONE in this video calls us anything other than UNO in the video, including the Chancellor, who appears in this piece.

The bridge construction that is detailed at the beginning of the piece is a bridge that was built over the Papio Creek. The creek runs north/south right next to the arena. The bridge crosses the creek straight to the west. This provides access to parking on that side of the creek (being built) and a road to the south of where these lots will be is going to be extended north to provide access to arena parking from the south that without this bridge being built would not be possible. UNO's master plan calls for baseball/softball facilities to be built along this road, just to the south of these lots, so that they can be shared by the arena and the baseball/softball complex that will be built. Here is a pretty accurate depiction (older, as it is not exactly as-built) that depicts this:

http://steveadamsomaha.org/eOmaha/UN...ering_Site.jpg

Comment

More pics of the new barn from the past week courtesy of Brad Williams of Brad Williams Photography here in Omaha:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3222825&type=1

Here are details from Brad, himself, as to what you are seeing in each of these pictures:

http://www.mavpuck.com/mpboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9953
                              Last edited by Red Cows; 05-06-2015, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Article about UNO's new arena in "Venues" magazine:

http://www.venuestoday.com/news/deta...his-fall-51215

Two comments.

1. Trev Alberts has said publicly, here, in the last 30 or 45 days that the naming partner rights have been secured and an announcement about that is upcoming. My guess is still that this will end up being 1st National Bank of Omaha, particularly in light of this, that arose since I originally opined this, previously:

http://www.unomaha.edu/news/2015/05/firstnational.php

2. I have inside information about who the "outside concessionaire company" is going to be. And, that is, Savor:

http://savorsmg.com/services/retail.php

............who is also the concessionaire at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln.

Comment

Working...
                                X