• Show
Clear All

• Re: 37th BRF! Brown @ RPI

final

RPI 4
    Brown 1
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Next week's thread
      http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ll-(2-14-2-15)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Freakin good!
        "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          When the smoke clears it looks like an RPI power play.
          Are you kidding? When does the smoke clear and we end up with a man advantage? Other than at the end of the 2nd OT in Detroit in 1985?
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Are you kidding? When does the smoke clear and we end up with a man advantage? Other than at the end of the 2nd OT in Detroit in 1985?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by hab View Post
              I think we got lucky with that call...it looked like a good goal to me.
              BTW, I spoke with OGC after the game tonight. The refs informed him that an Brown player bumped into Diebold which caused him to turn away from the net and when he got back into position, the puck was in the net. They called it incidental goaltender interference (a new one to me) which is not a penalty, but simply a face off outside the zone. FYI.

Comment

My take from the catwalk (although I was not on the air)...The waved off Brown goal was obvious to me. I think the only reason it was reviewed was that Whittet asked for it, I don't think there was any chance they were going to reverse it. It looked like they also had signaled a penalty on Brown, but obviously none was called. The penalty on DeVito, I could see coming a mile away, and it was NOT a bad call by the refs at any means. In fact, I had the clipboard in my hand to write down the penalty before it was even called. At no point though did I think that RPI was going to lose. They need to play like this (minus the penalties) the rest of the way, and take 12 points.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  although I was not on the air.
                  I recall that you complained that you did not get a seat cushion.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I recall that you complained that you did not get a seat cushion.
                    I was on the air for the first intermission only, whatever Kurt and Ryan said about me, I was not privvy too. Kurt had a beef with me last night anyway.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                      BTW, I spoke with OGC after the game tonight. The refs informed him that an Brown player bumped into Diebold which caused him to turn away from the net and when he got back into position, the puck was in the net. They called it incidental goaltender interference (a new one to me) which is not a penalty, but simply a face off outside the zone. FYI.
                      The rule is that if the man is in the crease and is either screening the goaltender or physically preventing the goaltender from moving into position to attempt to block the shot, it is a crease violation. This is a paraphrase of what is in the rulebook, but the essence of the rule is there.

Why is it Hicks is always involved with these sorts of calls? He trying to get redemption from three years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                        I should look at the video again. On the replay I didn't see the bump...all I saw was a Brown skate very briefly and marginally going in and out of the crease before the puck arrived. But if there was a bump before that, it might have been the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                          I should look at the video again. On the replay I didn't see the bump...all I saw was a Brown skate very briefly and marginally going in and out of the crease before the puck arrived. But if there was a bump before that, it might have been the right call.
                          Have to agree with you-I uspect that brown got hosed a bit on that call. But that is something we know all about from multiple episodes against us in the past. Personally-i think that was a good goal.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Have to agree with you-I uspect that brown got hosed a bit on that call. But that is something we know all about from multiple episodes against us in the past. Personally-i think that was a good goal.
                            Personally, I thought that it was a make up call. They had already scored one goal on the two man advantage. And after SA's argument when the penalties were called, I don't think that the officials wanted to grant two goals on that call. JMO.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                            X