Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Someone Has To Do It-Yale @ RPI 2/7/14

Originally posted by hab View Post
    Didn't see the game (was watching the women's game), but if you told me that 3 guys had taken dumb penalties those might have been my three guesses.
    For some reason the WRPI announcer gave Leboeuf the defensive player of the game.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      For some reason the WRPI announcer gave Leboeuf the defensive player of the game.
      I'm assuming it wasn't Jericho .

Comment

Yes I was at the game...

I am sick and tired of RPI being taken to the woodshed by the ECAC. Those kids played their hearts out, Ylae* gets away with a whole bunch of hooking, holding, an intentional delay of game, and flops around like a bunch of skating mother teresas in order to draw penalties. And worst of all, we have to deal with that ****face Hicks tomorrow.

That's all I got to say; this league makes me wanna puke.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          LeBeouf=SIT
          Please let this actually happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
            Same story all season.
            I seem to recall Appert on a few occasions saying our best chance to win is if we play a tough, nasty game. The announcers for the Minnesota game even said that Appert said this in the pre-game chat. Perhaps some guys take this a little to far.

And one of the guys (if I'm not mistaken ) had a game recently in which he took 3 penalties. Either he isn't getting the message or the coaching staff isn't doing a good enough job to TEACH him how not to put himself in bad spots which will result in a penalty. It just happens to many times. You only have to watch 1 or 2 college or NHL games on TV and you will clearly hear "If you see the numbers along the boards, Let up." There are ways to take a guy out of the play in that situation without driving him into the boards, and as a senior, you'd think he would know that by now or a coach would have TAUGHT him.
            Last edited by DavidSec17; 02-07-2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Wood=SIT
              Dolan=SIT
              LeBeouf=SIT

Who cares if you have a short bench, send a message going into the playoffs, can't be doing crap like that.
              If these guys dont sit -or at least two of them 3 & 27- then Appert has lost credibility. These bad penalties are costing games. I thought I saw diesel held up / interfered with after the face off leading to the tying 2nd goal. This game had two wrist shots from the point score. Union game had three shots from the point scored on the same stupid penalties. Doesn't anyone see this?

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                If these guys dont sit -or at least two of them 3 & 27- then Appert has lost credibility. These bad penalties are costing games. I thought I saw diesel held up / interfered with after the face off leading to the tying 2nd goal. This game had two wrist shots from the point score. Union game had three shots from the point scored on the same stupid penalties. Doesn't anyone see this?
                Wood sat all of last week. I don't know what more you want there. The OT call looked like interference if anything (was right in front of it) so I'm not going to argue with two minutes in that situation, but the other boarding call was WAY after the fact in a reaction to the player flopping. Guy's penalties were very stupid for sure, not something to be expected from a senior.

Comment

Was at the game and thought 2 of Woods penalties were BS calls. Especially the last boarding call. Guy's penalty was a stupid one and agree a Sr should know a lot better than to take that one especially in OT. Brock Higgs open ice hit on Root was GREAT!! Haggs continues to be a scoring machine and he did not take any stupid penalties last night. Would be nice if he can get to the 30 goal plateau.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                    Was at the game and thought 2 of Woods penalties were BS calls. Especially the last boarding call. Guy's penalty was a stupid one and agree a Sr should know a lot better than to take that one especially in OT. Brock Higgs open ice hit on Root was GREAT!! Haggs continues to be a scoring machine and he did not take any stupid penalties last night. Would be nice if he can get to the 30 goal plateau.
                    The OT call was a penalty, but not for boarding. The person that was hit never had control of the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      The OT call was a penalty, but not for boarding. The person that was hit never had control of the puck.
                      From the Box Score on the rpiathletics.com website, under the Penalty Summary section:

4 LeBeouf, Guy Boarding :21 PPG

But as you said, it wasn't for Boarding.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

From the Box Score on the rpiathletics.com website, under the Penalty Summary section:

4 LeBeouf, Guy Boarding :21 PPG

But as you said, it wasn't for Boarding.
                        The hit was not into the boards was what I was trying to convey.

Comment

Working...
                        X