Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MLB 2014: I paid the $20 mil posting fee for the right to start this thread

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    The God Bless America tradition on Sunday afternoons has run its course imo. Annoying and a downer compared to Take Me Out.

Doesn't help that it's usually some female opera singer. Makes me cringe.

/rant

PS The one today from the Red Sox/Brewers game was wretched. My cat ran for the basement.
    Mrs Jon and I were at that game. Yes. This needs to end. Do you have any pamphlets you can send?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

http://www.businessinsider.com/beer-...stadium-2014-4

Beer and baseball...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        This is a truly terrible chart. "OMFG, the Twins have beer that's $1.50 more than the Yankees?!?!?! Oh, wait, we also have 20 oz as our small and they have 12 oz as their small. Cripes that's a terrible chart."

$ Size $/oz Team
        $7.75 12 $0.65 Red Sox
        $6.75 12 $0.56 Cardinals
        $8.00 16 $0.50 Marlins
        $7.00 14 $0.50 Giants
        $6.00 12 $0.50 Mariners
        $6.00 12 $0.50 Yankees
        $6.82 14 $0.49 Blue Jays
        $5.75 12 $0.48 Mets
        $7.50 16 $0.47 Cubs
        $5.50 12 $0.46 Reds
        $7.25 16 $0.45 Braves
        $6.75 16 $0.42 Orioles
        $5.00 12 $0.42 Rays
        $5.00 12 $0.42 Athletics
        $5.00 12 $0.42 Tigers
        $6.09 14.8 $0.41 MLB Avg
        $6.50 16 $0.41 Nationals
        $6.50 16 $0.41 Royals
        $6.50 16 $0.41 White Sox
        $7.50 20 $0.38 Twins
        $6.00 16 $0.38 Brewers
        $6.00 16 $0.38 Rockies
        $7.75 21 $0.37 Phillies
        $5.00 14 $0.36 Pdres
        $5.00 14 $0.36 Astros
        $5.50 16 $0.34 Pirates
        $6.75 20 $0.34 Dodgers
        $4.00 12 $0.33 Indians
        $5.00 16 $0.31 Rangers
        $4.00 14 $0.29 Diamondbacks
        $4.50 16 $0.28 Angels
        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 04-22-2014, 03:22 PM.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well done, Angels. $4.50 for a 16 oz beer at a baseball game? Doesn't get much better than that these days.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The Dodgers also have a fairly low $/oz. How is it that LA has some of the cheapest beer in the league?
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also funny:
              Busch: $0.56/oz
              Miller: $0.38/oz
              Coors: $0.38/oz

Code:

Comment

Get well, Tony Gwynn
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The media needs to slow their roll on the Tanaka hype. It's been 3 games!
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Pujols: 500 home runs
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: MLB 2014: I paid the $20 mil posting fee for the right to start this thread

So, it looks like I'm going to the Giants-Reds game at AT&T Park Friday. I know nothing about the Giants. Give me some names of players you think are worthy of my following. Are they good? Are the Reds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        So, it looks like I'm going to the Giants-Reds game at AT&T Park Friday. I know nothing about the Giants. Give me some names of players you think are worthy of my following. Are they good? Are the Reds?
                        Reds stink. Giants could be ok. Brandon Belt, Buster Posey, Hunter Pence (if he's still there).
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: MLB 2014: I paid the $20 mil posting fee for the right to start this thread

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Well done, Angels. $4.50 for a 16 oz beer at a baseball game? Doesn't get much better than that these days.
                          They don't say what kind of beer it is. Maybe it's Miller 64.

Not surprised to see St. Louis near the top - they have very expensive concessions overall. I paid $8 for a beer there (the kind that fills from the bottom!)

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            Reds stink. Giants could be ok. Brandon Belt, Buster Posey, Hunter Pence (if he's still there).
                            "Reds stink" is probably a bit premature; they won 14 more games than the Giants last year and qualified for the Wild Card game, though they're off to a bit of a slow start this year. You should watch Devin Mesoraco, who's absolutely killing the ball so far this year (like, "batting .541" kind of killing the ball) and Billy Hamilton, who stole a zillion bases in the minors (ok, not a zillion, "only" 155 across two levels in 2012 and 75 in AAA last year) and will probably lead the majors in steals too if he can figure out how to get on base.

This is kind of moot because the Giants are playing the Indians on Friday, not the Reds, though.
                            Cornell University Men's Hockey
                            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

• Originally posted by jmh View Post
                              This is kind of moot because the Giants are playing the Indians on Friday, not the Reds, though.
                              I wouldn't want to claim I was watching the "Mistake by the Lake" play baseball either.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Pineda ejected for foreign substance on neck.
                                This is the dude who had what looked like Pine Tar on his hand the last time he faced Boston.
                                How dumb can this guy be?
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X