Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2014: I paid the $20 mil posting fee for the right to start this thread

Tim Kurkjian was on Sportscenter talking about the "hit." To paraphrase, he agreed with the official scorer's argument that according to the rule, it was an error as non-extraordinary effort was needed for that catch. However, he also said that the way the game is normally scored in today's game that is a hit 99/100 times. Also said he would like to see scorer's start to change that type of play to an error. I'd have to agree with him. Obviously there are the "triangle" plays where no one can reach it, but there are also plays where it's just a lack of communication that causes the ball to drop, like last night.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: MLB 2014: I paid the $20 mil posting fee for the right to start this thread

The play in question has been officially changed to a hit.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        The play in question has been officially changed to a hit.
        Man, how much would that suck to celebrate a no-no and have it taken away by the official scorers at a later date. I wonder if they would have changed it he actually completed the no hitter.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Interesting (OK frightening) look at the rise in strikeouts over the recent seasons.

Comment

Review system needs a change. Managers shouldn't be able to go out and stall for 30 seconds while someone in the clubhouse watches a replay and then tells the bench coach who gives a thumps up/down to the manager on the field.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Stephen Drew back to the Red Sox. 1 year, $10 mil.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Stephen Drew back to the Red Sox. 1 year, $10 mil.
                And probably of most importance to Drew, an agreement not to make him a qualifying offer at the end of the season. The $10 million represents about a pro-rated $14.1 million QO. Waiting for Boras to spin this as a success. Right now his refusal to sign represents a loss of $4 million and a chance to demonstrate his value. Of course if he signs a big bucks multi-year contract at the end of the season, maybe the holdout is sellable as successful.

Comment

Prince Fielder: out for the year after neck surgery next week.

The Tigers got out from that contract just in time.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Prince fielder was a contract disaster waiting to happen. You can't have a body like that and expect to have any durability.

I'd be mildly surprised to see him ever play again.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I knew that when we signed him. But I figured someone would get five productive years or so out of him, not two.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Prince fielder was a contract disaster waiting to happen. You can't have a body like that and expect to have any durability.

I'd be mildly surprised to see him ever play again.
                        Except that he did, for his entire career up until this point. This is his first trip to the DL and he hardly ever misses a game. Fewest games played for a full season for Prince? 157. His rookie year. No DL for 8 years? Most players would love that kind of durability.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                          Except that he did, for his entire career up until this point. This is his first trip to the DL and he hardly ever misses a game. Fewest games played for a full season for Prince? 157. His rookie year. No DL for 8 years? Most players would love that kind of durability.
                          I think what he means is the "hit a certain age with that body, and uh-oh."
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I think what he means is the "hit a certain age with that body, and uh-oh."
                            Yep.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Resubscribed
                              Code:

Comment

Josh Beckett with a no-no
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X