BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Re: 2014 Sochi Olympic Games Women's Ice Hockey Tournament

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      I believe it was Carpenter.

Feel badly for her...similar to the two German players who had the puck bounce off them and into their own net.
      The above post was in response to a previous poster's wondering who the US player was who tapped the puck back to Vetter in the first US vs Canada game in Sochi that resulted in a goal. And it was, in fact, Carpenter.

However, for what it's worth, allow me to dismiss his/her possible inference, and certainly mine in the above quote, that Carpenter was responsible for the goal. Just watched the game again yesterday and even with the advantage of instant replays of replays at your fingertips the only thing that was certain from the Canadian broadcast was that Carpenter did tap the puck back to Vetter...that is, until a final camera angle, among many, from above was shown late in the discussion and confusion.

Carpenter did not score on Vetter, Vetter scored on herself.

That camera angle clearly shows Carpenter tapping the puck back to Vetter with the puck travelling at an unthreatening speed toward Vetter. Vetter reached out with her glove hand to trap the puck against the ice but her body was twisted to her right with her right side being higher than her left side. Sight of the puck is then lost under Vetter only to emerge shortly thereafter travelling substantially faster than when it reached her from Carpenter. I suspect that her unconscious effort to also use her glove hand/arm to stabilize her balance caused her to misplay the puck with her glove and to actually help it along at very noticeable increased speed.

So, Carpenter doesn't wear this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        The above post was in response to a previous poster's wondering who the US player was who tapped the puck back to Vetter in the first US vs Canada game in Sochi that resulted in a goal. And it was, in fact, Carpenter.

However, for what it's worth, allow me to dismiss his/her possible inference, and certainly mine in the above quote, that Carpenter was responsible for the goal. Just watched the game again yesterday and even with the advantage of instant replays of replays at your fingertips the only thing that was certain from the Canadian broadcast was that Carpenter did tap the puck back to Vetter...that is, until a final camera angle, among many, from above was shown late in the discussion and confusion.

Carpenter did not score on Vetter, Vetter scored on herself.

That camera angle clearly shows Carpenter tapping the puck back to Vetter with the puck travelling at an unthreatening speed toward Vetter. Vetter reached out with her glove hand to trap the puck against the ice but her body was twisted to her right with her right side being higher than her left side. Sight of the puck is then lost under Vetter only to emerge shortly thereafter travelling substantially faster than when it reached her from Carpenter. I suspect that her unconscious effort to also use her glove hand/arm to stabilize her balance caused her to misplay the puck with her glove and to actually help it along at very noticeable increased speed.

So, Carpenter doesn't wear this one.
        To me it really doesn't matter how it went in, it did and that's hockey.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I don't like the weather, everything else is good

Comment

I don't like the weather, everything else is good

Comment

I Want See Anything.
              Last edited by curry; 12-12-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X