X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sochi Olympics Results thread - SPOILERS

Originally posted by CLS View Post
    When the teams entered in the Opening Ceremonies there were a lot of comments about "going to school in Boulder, Colorado". Wouldn't be surprised if many of them are wealthy enough to pay their own way. Few, if any are medals threats, but they get to say they were in the Olympics.
    Like the married couple representing Dominica in cross country skiing. The guy is 40-something, lives on Staten Island and works on Wall Street. NBC pretty much said he's there because of all the money he sends down there for "charity."
    This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
      Erin Hamlin takes bronze in women's luge. First for the U.S. in singles luge.
      Watched some of this women's singles luge yesterday. Noted as the women stood up after their runs in the skin tight uniforms that there appears to be an advantage in having a low center of gravity while lying in the sled - at least all the top finishers appear to have that. I guess I'd have to try the skeleton to get my center of gravity that low....

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        Watched some of this women's singles luge yesterday. Noted as the women stood up after their runs in the skin tight uniforms that there appears to be an advantage in having a low center of gravity while lying in the sled - at least all the top finishers appear to have that. I guess I'd have to try the skeleton to get my center of gravity that low....
        Ha!
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Helluva hockey game. I just wish there were more teams this skilled and this evenly matched.

Comment

US got absolutely ****ed on that call.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Bleh.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                US got absolutely ****ed on that call.
                Wish we had gotten more explanation. Was is because it didn't meet the standard for reversal (I don't agree)? Wasn't reviewable (if so, why did she review it)? In any case, I'm not going to complain too much, because there shouldn't have been a whistle in the first place.

Comment

Well, that was disappointing.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Horrible decision by the USA d-man. Not sure what she thought she saw.

Also - Pierre is a doosh.

Comment

• Re: Sochi Olympics Results thread - SPOILERS

Hold on to yer butts... not over yet.

Comment

see ya in the finals

Comment

Huge faceoff win and individual effort by the d-man getting that puck out to center.

Game.

Comment

I don't understand how that second Canada goal counted, and I'm rooting for Canada because of all the Cornell players on the team.
                            Cornell University Men's Hockey
                            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Well that continues the overarching theme of getting kicked in the pants for the USA Olympics.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Well that continues the overarching theme of getting kicked in the pants for the USA Olympics.
                                On the bright side, the women curlers gave up 7, but not in one end!

Comment

Working...
                                X