This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sochi Olympics Results thread - SPOILERS

So the Russian Women's Skip just burned her last stone in the 3rd end because she failed to release it before the hog line. So that was weird.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The Women's XC Skiing Sprint is in a few hours. One of the favorites is Kikkan Randall of Anchorage. You'll be able to tell if she wins because you'll hear a loud roar from the north. Seriously, this may the most anticipated event up here. It has been seriously hyped in the press.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        The Women's XC Skiing Sprint is in a few hours. One of the favorites is Kikkan Randall of Anchorage. You'll be able to tell if she wins because you'll hear a loud roar from the north. Seriously, this may the most anticipated event up here. It has been seriously hyped in the press.
        Shooting is a very strong event in Alaska. XC skiing is also quite popular.

So Biathalon?

Comment

wow, roller derby/short track speed skating incident in the men's x-country sprint.

Comment

Canada - US - Canada in women's freestyle slopestyle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/sochi-2014/medals/
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
              Canada - US - Canada in women's freestyle slopestyle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/sochi-2014/medals/
              Yahoo lists out all of the participating nations and their medal counts. Why are there so many tropical and sub-tropical nations participating in the winter Olympics? It just doesn't make sense.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Yahoo lists out all of the participating nations and their medal counts. Why are there so many tropical and sub-tropical nations participating in the winter Olympics? It just doesn't make sense.
                When the teams entered in the Opening Ceremonies there were a lot of comments about "going to school in Boulder, Colorado". Wouldn't be surprised if many of them are wealthy enough to pay their own way. Few, if any are medals threats, but they get to say they were in the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  There's no reason why a tropical or sub tropical team can't compete- like Jamacia's bobsled team. Or anyone who skates. Austraila has a snow boarder, even though it does not snow on the continent.

But looking at that list, there are countries who don't have anyone participating.

Comment

Great Britain puts up a 7-ender on the US women.

So it's pretty apparent we suck at curling.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Australia shows up with snowboarders because surfing isn't in the summer Olympics.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Is there a stream for the snowboarding?

Comment

Absolutely nuts to see that at the Olympic level...
                          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Erin Hamlin takes bronze in women's luge. First for the U.S. in singles luge.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Yeah, that was pretty embarrassing.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                                Absolutely nuts to see that at the Olympic level...
                                I saw this discussed elsewhere. We have a team of Amateurs who are playing against teams of professionals. We have been passed up in curling for sure.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X