X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sochi Olympics Results thread - SPOILERS

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    A reminder for all you curling fans that ice is still slippery.
    He managed to not touch any stones...impressive.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      He managed to not touch any stones...impressive.
      Equally impressive is that he didn't hurt his stones.

Comment

Wow. Just wow. Poland's Kowalcyzk wins cross-country ski race with a fractured foot.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/pola...golden-moments

Salute.

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
          Wow. Just wow. Poland's Kowalcyzk wins cross-country ski race with a fractured foot.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/pola...golden-moments

Salute.
          She's probably got a resting heart rate down around 30. As we salute her skill and fortitude, let's not forget the immortal words of that pillock of racist twaddle, Bryant Gumbel:

“Finally tonight, the Winter Games." "Count me among those who don’t like them and won’t watch them. In fact, I figure when Thomas Paine said, ‘These are the times that try men’s souls,’ he must have been talking about the start of another Winter Olympics. Because they’re so trying, maybe over the next three weeks we should all try, too. Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention.”

Bryant doesn't need to take a second run to make it to the "a*shole" podium. He's a lock.
          Last edited by Old Pio; 02-13-2014, 07:02 PM.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            She's probably got a resting heart rate down around 30. As we salute her skill and fortitude, let's not forget the immortal words of that pillock of racist twaddle, Bryant Gumbel:

“Finally tonight, the Winter Games." "Count me among those who don’t like them and won’t watch them. In fact, I figure when Thomas Paine said, ‘These are the times that try men’s souls,’ he must have been talking about the start of another Winter Olympics. Because they’re so trying, maybe over the next three weeks we should all try, too. Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention.”

Bryant doesn't need to take a second run to make it to the "a*shole" podium. He's a lock.
            And to get away from this, here's Tore VIKINGSTAD's hat trick from 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNik-VIgg2Y

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Germany not looking very good so far in this ice shuffleboard match. US could be looking at a pretty nice 3rd end here.

Comment

Unusual turn of events there. US (Zezel) called for a double touch on his throw, eliminating his rock. However, the official (who was a good ways away) didn't call it until well after the shot finished up. GER stone goes back to guard spot. Shuster not pleased at all.

Comment

The United States actually won a curling match. I'm in shock.

Comment

Looked like things could get interesting in the final end after that, but Shuster throws a nice double on his first stone and GER concedes. 8-5 USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      Things are coming up Milhouse!
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

These hockey officials are terrible.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Interesting. CZE-LAT hockey game: Latvia scores an even strength goal, but was initially waved off. Doesn't get reviewed until whistle which was caused by a Czech penalty. Review shows a good goal, however the referee keeps the Czech player in the penalty box, despite the penalty occurring a good bit of time after the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            But the women lose 9 - 2 in eight ends.

Comment

Just caught the last few of SWE - SUI game online. Swiss almost tied it in the final seconds, but lose 1-0.

Play by play by a Brit, the final was 1-nil. Guess NBC didn't know I was available.
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                Interesting. CZE-LAT hockey game: Latvia scores an even strength goal, but was initially waved off. Doesn't get reviewed until whistle which was caused by a Czech penalty. Review shows a good goal, however the referee keeps the Czech player in the penalty box, despite the penalty occurring a good bit of time after the goal.
                                Saw that happen at the Final Five once too. I think the rule works like that so players don't get away with dangerous plays just because a goal wasn't called at the time.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X