X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXV - the run up to the World Cup

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    That's what I was thinking of. From child prodigy to out of soccer and he's not even thru his prime yet.
    He was halfway decent for Philly a couple years ago, no? Have to assume he could get picked up by another MLS team, assuming he wants to.
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post

By the way, he's still only 25.
      I think you mean 35.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        I think you mean 35.
        from wikipedia:

Fredua Koranteng "Freddy" Adu (born June 2, 1989) is an American soccer player who is currently a free agent. Adu plays primarily as an attacking midfielder, but he is also used as a winger or forward.
        2014 minus 1989 = ?
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          from wikipedia:

2014 minus 1989 = ?
          Think Danny Almonte and you'll get the joke.
          Last edited by unofan; 06-12-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

from wikipedia:

2014 minus 1989 = ?
            Woosh.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Anybody see this about WC 2022?

Hell, we could host a World Cup right now with all the stadiums either east or west of the Mississippi if we wanted to.

Qatar?? BHAHAHAHAHA.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working from home today means all games live! Yessss
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

One game down. One correct score prediction in my Yahoo World Cup pick 'em.

I don't expect this streak to last.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Tweet of the tournament

GeoffBanksRacing ‏@geoffbanksbet 7m
                    England squad visited an orphanage in Brazil today

'it's heartbreaking to see so many sad faces with no hope'
                    said Jorge age 6
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wrong thread.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I thought anything not to do with the games was posted here...

Anyway -- I was only following orders???
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          One game down. One correct score prediction in my Yahoo World Cup pick 'em.

I don't expect this streak to last.
                          I'm guessing you didn't forsee that shellacking... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            Anybody see this about WC 2022?

Hell, we could host a World Cup right now with all the stadiums either east or west of the Mississippi if we wanted to.
                            That's exactly why the USA won't be hosting any more World Cups. You've nailed the reason perfectly. Since the USA could host the World Cup without building any more stadia (stadiums, whatever), there is no opportunity for graft nor kickbacks when it comes to new stadium construction! Notice how all the host countries from the turn of the century onward have to undertake all these massive construction projects?

Except for Germany '06, there was '02 South Korea / Japan, '10 South Africa, '14 Brazil, '18 Russia, '22 Qatar....
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

That's exactly why the USA won't be hosting any more World Cups. You've nailed the reason perfectly. Since the USA could host the World Cup without building any more stadia (stadiums, whatever), there is no opportunity for graft nor kickbacks when it comes to new stadium construction! Notice how all the host countries from the turn of the century onward have to undertake all these massive construction projects?

Except for Germany '06, there was '02 South Korea / Japan, '10 South Africa, '14 Brazil, '18 Russia, '22 Qatar....
                              No there are three letters that will prevent the US from hosting: F. B. I.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The Cosmos beat the Red Bulls 3-0 at the US Open Cup. Ha! Ha! Ha!
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X