Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    It's also fortunate they don't have to face UMass Lowell ... although it would've taken a BC win (expected) AND a PC loss (unexpected) in the QF's to have set that match-up in the semis. Personally, I'm hoping to see UNH vs. Lowell in the HE Finals. Not because I'm concerned about ND being a better team than UML ('cuz they aren't), but because I honestly cannot stand anything to do with ND.

I mean, if ND wasn't the school BC still wants to grow up to be someday, they'd have absolutely no value at all.
    And, why is Notre Dame in Hockey East in the first place? I am only ok with them going to the Garden in their first year because they went through the Eagles to get there. I am hoping for an UNH-UML final, too.
    Last edited by Snively65; 03-16-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
      The semi-final game times have been set:
      Friday, March 21
      #2 UMass Lowell (23-10-4) vs. #8 Notre Dame (23-13-2) at 5:00 p.m. (NESN and NBC Sports Network)
      #3 Providence (21-9-6) vs. #4 New Hampshire (21-17-1) at 8:00 p.m. (NESN Plus and NBC Sports Network)

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...3/mar16hea.php

Can't wait for next weekend!
      I know that's what the seeding rules say, but I don't think you can look at the first game as a standard 2 vs 8 matchup. UML struggled against UVM, and ND persevered against BC. With BC out of the picture, and the fact that it was ND that pushed them out notwithstanding, I see this weekend as being anybody's championship to win. Now, one can make the argument that that is always the case, but I think this year is the first in a long time that any of the 4 teams can legitimately win 2 games.

Not that I place great faith in UNH's ability to go all the way to Saturday night, but this is turning out to be the year that Anything Can Happen (and the signs started 2 weeks ago.)
      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        DeSmith will be the leading man. He's had 2 or 3 stretches in his career when he has been unbeatable.
        Let's hope he's got another similar stretch or two in him, and the next one starts Friday evening.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I mean, if ND wasn't the school BC still wants to grow up to be someday, they'd have absolutely no value at all.
          Chuck, you are an enigma wrapped in a Stephen King novel!
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Let's hope he's got another similar stretch or two in him, and the next one starts Friday evening.
            well we should own the rink from a fan standpoint, students back, large alumni presence. So its a home game on a small sheet of ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
              well we should own the rink from a fan standpoint, students back, large alumni presence. So its a home game on a small sheet of ice.
              We should plan a thread gathering between games?

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                Chuck, you are an enigma wrapped in a Stephen King novel!
                I try. Good call on ND over BC though. Boy, did I whiff on that one ... but happily so!
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  good idea

Comment

snively we will put you in charge , run with it

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      Hey Ref. Thanks for your enthusiasm and optimism. Gotta stay positive, right? It feels better to me than the alternative. You are a good fan Ref. Hope you enjoy the Garden. First trip?
                      Some might say I'm "over the top" but I have really enjoyed this...! Anyhoo never been to the Gahden (haha) for Cawlidge Hawkey but did catch my first every B's game this year...so that was fun! I'm def. going and am glad we have the second game as I have a conference Friday and we are close to 2 hrs. away! It isn't easy to stay positive but I think we ultimately CARE about this team and just want them to do as well as possible, yes? So glad for the Seniors...wasn't Goumas just ON tonight? All 3 of his goals were screamers... Loved throwing my hat onto the ice! Too bad our Big K lost his goal...And will say Pesce's was awesome as well..in fact felt he played an excellent game.

Hey we are goin' to the Garden! (love your idea about the sage Sonar...very cool...)

Keep Bringing it 'Cats!!
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                        Hopefully.
                        I haven't been on here in a year...
                        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          Congrats UNH, gritty team. All the best.
                          It was a great series; NU plays a great game...appreciate the congrats!
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

I try. Good call on ND over BC though. Boy, did I whiff on that one ... but happily so!
                            Hey, it was a stretch but I knew you would be good with a BC upset. It's all good my man. Hey Snively 65's idea of a get together between games friday sounds good. Let's do it.

Comment

I'm on board with that. You're in charge for where to meet and greet

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                Congrats on advancing fellas.
                                Would be cool if we could win this thing and perhaps meet up with BC in Woostah or Philly.

Comment

Working...
                                X