X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's official: http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2013-1...nal_Suspension

Although did we swap who we play with Union?
    No, just more ineptitude by the league. They don't even know who plays who.
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      So am I, especially after having to endure a Union fan - a grown man - talking smack to a group of high school RPI fans from his perch in someone else's luxury box...I almost went through the open window at him
      It's only RPI fans that are classless after all. The best one I heard all night was "Exactly what you'd expect from someone from Troy" after nearly every RPI check on a Union player all night (being a native Schenectadian and going to school and living in Troy for more than 4 years, this isn't exactly an insult). I'm not sure where these people come from, honestly. I'm sure there are good Union fans and crappy Union fans like every other fan base, but I've encountered way too many crappy ones for my liking...
      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Then perhaps the rule is that the league provides a stipend for teams to travel, and that "the limit" is what they're willing to pay for; RPI just chooses to spend above and beyond that.
        Don't think so. I'm pretty sure that schools do cover their travel expenses to league games, but it is a rule that is enforced. There are some exceptions,but this is not one of the cases.
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

more suspensions for the two combatants. why the delay? still think Bennett got off easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            So am I, especially after having to endure a Union fan - a grown man - talking smack to a group of high school RPI fans from his perch in someone else's luxury box...I almost went through the open window at him
            I wish I could say this was a story that I just can't believe, but that sounds extremely believable from my personal experience.

Glad to have you back, WS. Thanks for the heads up you provided me.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

So ecac gives 2 more games to Bennett. But also a one game suspension to appert. What did appert do except shout a bit?

Comment

At this point, I am about as frustrated with this whole incident as I can be. With the officials, with the league, with Union fans, and with hockey in general.
                Did the league give a reason for Appert's suspension, or was he just suspended for taking a shove. If anyone is suspended by the league, there should be a published reason and explanation. It would be nice to find out what they are looking at.
                But I believe that it is over now and we have two games this weekend. And thanks to our lackluster play in 2014, they are both must wins. So we must get over last week and concentrate on this one.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by RedWrister View Post
                  So ecac gives 2 more games to Bennett. But also a one game suspension to appert. What did appert do except shout a bit?
                  Answering my own question, I don't think he did much physically except protect himself. However, he is the head coach and while most RPI players and staff conducted themselves well (as did most of the Union people), we did have a few players and one staffer who did not. While I was upset at Bennett and Union at the game, I wasn't exactly so proud of RPI either, and that is hard to admit. So I guess it seems fair, or at least fair enough, if it's viewed as penalty to the program. Hopefully everyone takes some lessons on self discipline and we go on a nice streak starting with the North Country.

Comment

Someone wrote here that Vines will likely coach the team in SA's absence tomorrow. Do we know that for sure? It was my original thought also that Vines would be the acting coach since he has seniority, But Graham has head coach experience (in the BCHL) while I don't think Vines does.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Someone wrote here that Vines will likely coach the team in SA's absence tomorrow. Do we know that for sure? It was my original thought also that Vines would be the acting coach since he has seniority, But Graham has head coach experience (in the BCHL) while I don't think Vines does.
                      Didn't Vines coach during the UCONN game during our tournament a few years ago when Appert was suspended?

Comment

Didn't Vines coach during the UCONN game during our tournament a few years ago when Appert was suspended?
                        I forgot about that game, and you probably are correct.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Vines was coach against UCONN. His record is 1-0.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

So now that the Haggerty curse seems to have been broken, does that mean we have a shot at winning against Clarkson tomorrow?

Oh wait, according to the ECAC we are playing at SLU tomorrow... nevermind...
                            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Breaking News: After further review of the post-game Mayor's Cup videos, the ECAC has decided to retroactively strip Union of all of their previous NCAA hockey titles . . . .
                              "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                                Breaking News: After further review of the post-game Mayor's Cup videos, the ECAC has decided to retroactively strip Union of all of their previous NCAA hockey titles . . . .
                                Including D-III?

Comment

Working...
                                X