Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Maybe they got Appert for the love taps he attempted after the initial shove. I know it was shocked self defense, but these ECAC folks are really deep thinkers. Of course, Hokydad could have gotten to his chum Hagwell.
    He was pretty obviously trying to get at Bennett, too. The more glaring difference was that A) Bennett was more aggressive and B) Appert was being restrained better by his own players.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Maybe they got Appert for the love taps he attempted after the initial shove. I know it was shocked self defense, but these ECAC folks are really deep thinkers. Of course, Hokydad could have gotten to his chum Hagwell.
      If Hokydad got to him, Bennet's suspension would be lifted and Appert would be suspended for life. Not going to happen.

Comment

watching Cee-Lo Green on the pregame for Rangers/Islanders reminds me of a long time ago when the Motown Awards Show had Adam Ant on......as the C&W song goes, "what were you thinkin".
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Can the league do anything the right way? While I actually think these added games to the coaches make sense, the way this was handled looks really dumb.

Hey, maybe next week they can add some more suspensions?

Comment

Originally posted by supe View Post
            Can the league do anything the right way? While I actually think these added games to the coaches make sense, the way this was handled looks really dumb.

Hey, maybe next week they can add some more suspensions?
            That was my reax as well. Didn't they just issue a statement yesterday saying they agree with Union's immediate punishment of 2 games? Now why the additional 2 today? Unless one was NCAA and another was ECAC...? That could be, I don't recall.

Comment

Hey Hagwell got it wrong and he changed it. This is more appropriate for Bennett. This is a serious matter when you hit a student athlete and Hags did the right thing by changing his ruling. It looks bad but it would have been worse if this travesty stood. Appert is still a winner even with suspension. OGC tried to diffuse the situation by being the adult in trying to get his guys off the ice and holding his own with a big man like Bennett for his team.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

While I can understand the 1 game for Appert and agree with the additional suspension for Bennett, this whole episode just makes the front office look like a big joke. You can't issue a statement on Monday saying how you agree with the penalty levied at Bennett, and then go back two days later and go 'just kidding, he should get more.'

Clearly the league took a lot of heat from all sides on their initial decision. Maybe they should have stood up to this behavior in the first place, or waited an additional day to contemplate things before giving the suspensions out initially? The message sent here is that the front office blows easily in the wind. Perhaps we'll get to hear some more on Friday, right before puck drop?
                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

I'm sick and tired of the crap this league pulls on all teams, particularly the one we care about, I'm sick of its lack of professionalism, and I'm sick of Union fans trying to say "move on" from this and "we have bigger things to fry now", clearly a mass amount of deflection, when their captain and coach instigated all of this in the first place. If the situation were reversed they'd be talking crap about RPI until Seth was fired.

I really wish we could have gone to Hockey East when there was a sliver of a chance. They have their issues, but...

/rant. Sorry, had to get that off my chest...
                  Last edited by ibanezist00; 01-29-2014, 08:08 PM.
                  Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    Hey Hagwell got it wrong and he changed it. This is more appropriate for Bennett. This is a serious matter when you hit a student athlete and Hags did the right thing by changing his ruling. It looks bad but it would have been worse if this travesty stood. Appert is still a winner even with suspension. OGC tried to diffuse the situation by being the adult in trying to get his guys off the ice and holding his own with a big man like Bennett for his team.
                    I don`t have a problem with the ultimate outcome of all this.My guess with the dragging out of punishments might be additional video came up. Just a guess

As head coach, Seth is the one who is ultimately held accountable for the actions of his players. I realize the team was off the bench quickly and he probably thought they were going out to celebrate. However, once the whole thing blew up, how far out of hand things got could have to do with a lack of fear of true reprisal from Seth on monday. That would be consistent with the same guys taking stupid penalties all year and never getting benched.It hurts to type that but I fear it is true.
                    Last edited by jstadts; 01-29-2014, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      but it's possible that I may be hallucinating.

This is probably correct. You're starting to get it.

EDIT And yes, I just stuck up for Flaggy over on the Union thread.
                      Last edited by jericho; 01-29-2014, 09:04 PM.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                        While I can understand the 1 game for Appert and agree with the additional suspension for Bennett, this whole episode just makes the front office look like a big joke. You can't issue a statement on Monday saying how you agree with the penalty levied at Bennett, and then go back two days later and go 'just kidding, he should get more.'

Clearly the league took a lot of heat from all sides on their initial decision. Maybe they should have stood up to this behavior in the first place, or waited an additional day to contemplate things before giving the suspensions out initially? The message sent here is that the front office blows easily in the wind. Perhaps we'll get to hear some more on Friday, right before puck drop?
                        Sadly, these are not original thoughts when it comes to the ECAC "leader". Many an ECAC fan have wondered how the guy gets his shoes on the correct feet, let alone how he keeps his job.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I'm actually shocked to read there wasn't any parking lot activity.
                          So am I, especially after having to endure a Union fan - a grown man - talking smack to a group of high school RPI fans from his perch in someone else's luxury box...I almost went through the open window at him
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

So is BRO in or out Saturday ?? I seem to recall reading he was docked two games, now folks here are suggesting otherwise ? Anyone have a definitive ??

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              seems we've had this discussion before and I'll just repeat what I've said in the past. I've been to many away games in the past and I've always seen and talked with ALL the boys who weren't playing that night.
                              Depends, the rule doesn't apply if the school is on break. However, I know it's a rule for league games. This rule drove Joe Marsh nuts because he thought that if you are part of the team you should be rewarded to be allowed to travel with the team. I know SLU follows this rule. BTW, playoff games are exempt.
                              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                So is BRO in or out Saturday ?? I seem to recall reading he was docked two games, now folks here are suggesting otherwise ? Anyone have a definitive ??
                                The only place you read he was out for two games was on the forum. All publications, including the ECAC statement issued, indicated that Luke was out on Friday, and made no mention of Saturday. The talk of a second game came up in the thread(s) from what may have been a misunderstanding of game DQs carrying over from a previous year.
                                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X