Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    As has been said, the counting of DQs apparently restarts each season.

Others know more (or less) than I do.
    Probably most importantly, if Curadi wasn't eligible on Saturday the league probably would have made that plain in the release they put out.
    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      As has been said, the counting of DQs apparently restarts each season.

Others know more (or less) than I do.
      The part that had me thinking he would be suspended two game is in rule 23.1 of the handbook

http://www.mihoa.org/members/leaguer...arules1214.pdf

"Any game-disqualification penalties shall carry over to the next season
      for players with remaining eligibility."

I interpreted this to mean they would be cumulative, so as others thought, he would have a total of two DQ penalties and therefore miss two games. What I think this line means is that if you get a DQ the last game of the season, you still miss a game next season.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
        Probably most importantly, if Curadi wasn't eligible on Saturday the league probably would have made that plain in the release they put out.
        I would not expect the league to make things plain since they also wrote the rules which aren't that clear. However, with two "probably"s, I'll agree with that statement.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          Does it have to be the same 23 players on both nights? or can it be a different set of 23 on Friday compared to Saturday? (they could use a school-rented transport van to shuttle players if need be so that players are not driving their own cars).
          Flagdude, do some rule book searching for me and find out if it is illegal for me to drive a player to the game if need be? Better yet, find out how I can call it a donation to the school and get some money back on my tax returns...
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
            The part that had me thinking he would be suspended two game is in rule 23.1 of the handbook

http://www.mihoa.org/members/leaguer...arules1214.pdf

"Any game-disqualification penalties shall carry over to the next season
            for players with remaining eligibility."

I interpreted this to mean they would be cumulative, so as others thought, he would have a total of two DQ penalties and therefore miss two games. What I think this line means is that if you get a DQ the last game of the season, you still miss a game next season.
            I thought the same thing as well, or at least that this phrase would make the issuing of suspensions ambiguous.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              Flagdude, do some rule book searching for me and find out if it is illegal for me to drive a player to the game if need be? Better yet, find out how I can call it a donation to the school and get some money back on my tax returns...
              What we have been discussing is a league rule, and Mr. Hagwell refuses to make league rules available to the general public. You'll have to get it from him. Nothing in the D-I by-laws states how a team may travel, only the amount of time they may spend in the area they visit. As for the donations, I'm sure the Colonel will be able to help.

Comment

Just read on twitter that the ECAC has popped Appert for a game and added 2 to Bennett? Sounds sketchy to me.
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  seems we've had this discussion before and I'll just repeat what I've said in the past. I've been to many away games in the past and I've always seen and talked with ALL the boys who weren't playing that night.
                  Then perhaps the rule is that the league provides a stipend for teams to travel, and that "the limit" is what they're willing to pay for; RPI just chooses to spend above and beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    Just read on twitter that the ECAC has popped Appert for a game and added 2 to Bennett? Sounds sketchy to me.
                    It's official: http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2013-1...nal_Suspension

Although did we swap who we play with Union?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Well ****. 4 is better than 2 for Bennett, but I would still argue it's not enough. I don't think Appert deserves one, but I suppose one could argue that he should have controlled his staff.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

statement says Appert suspended for Friday's game vs "St. Lawrence"......I assume it's Friday but "Clarkson"?
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

In other news, I just got detention from my high school principal for missing class one day during my senior year 10 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            Well ****. 4 is better than 2 for Bennett, but I would still argue it's not enough. I don't think Appert deserves one, but I suppose one could argue that he should have controlled his staff.
                            I would definitely have suspended Bennett for the reminder of the season. I can't argue against a game suspension for SA.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              statement says Appert suspended for Friday's game vs "St. Lawrence"......I assume it's Friday but "Clarkson"?
                              I believe that was point being made by my last phrase.

Comment

Screw these exhibition games next year. Next year it could be the crowd.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X