Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Let's also hope Scotty can get even hotter than he has been lately!
    Incendiary last night
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Vote today?..... http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Sorry about dropping the ball on this one the last couple of days. I was hosting friends that came down for the Yale game so I've been a bit busy.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click ā€“ Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click ā€“ Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings ā€“ Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          Sorry about dropping the ball on this one the last couple of days. I was hosting friends that came down for the Yale game so I've been a bit busy.
          Higgs has 31.8% of the fan vote currently. If this holds up, it will be worth 1/3 of that or about 10.6% of the total vote. Considering that there are ten candidates, 10.6% is very significant.

So keep voting!
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I thought the same thing about Brown last year. I also do recall that we played this same team five years ago in the playoffs, and an upset also occurred (of course, we were the underdogs). Anything can happen, we just must play hard. A 500 season is still doable.
            Oh no you didn't. I seem to recall you betting me a beer that RPI would lose to Brown - which they did. I owe you that beer still. I haven't paid it yet because the people at the asylum said it would interfere with your meds.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Oh no you didn't. I seem to recall you betting me a beer that RPI would lose to Brown - which they did. I owe you that beer still. I haven't paid it yet because the people at the asylum said it would interfere with your meds.
              Actually, I did. I wanted us to face Brown because I thought we had the best chance against them. Then I remembered the playoffs from 2010 and 2005, and bet accordingly. As for the beer, I'll let you know when I'm in town again. It happens fairly often, as FlagDUDETTE is in the area.

Comment

for those that don't follow the Engineers in the Pros Thread, Brandon Pirri has been traded to the Florida Panthers (thanks to Stay@homedad for the heads-up)... http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  for those that don't follow the Engineers in the Pros Thread, Brandon Pirri has been traded to the Florida Panthers (thanks to Stay@homedad for the heads-up)... http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads
                  and.... http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|FLA|home

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    I am sort of glad we ended up with the 7th seed instead of the 6th. I know how crazy the first round gets but we played Dartmouth well and if we get them in the 2nd round, Colgate pretty decent this year. Im totally asking for it by saying this, but I don't see why we cant make a run and end up in Lake Placid.
                    Your reasoning seems sound. I agree that this is probably the best bracket for RPI to land in considering some of the alternatives.
                    I will be there pulling for the Engineers, but I can't help but wonder which team will show up this weekend. They did beat Dartmouth twice this season, but Dartmouth has posted a 5-3-2 record since their last meeting with RPI. I know this will bring out the venom in some who will say Iā€™m not a loyal fan, but this team is hard figure. Some random thoughts and stats just on this yearā€™s team:
                    ā€¢ Since a fast 6-2-2 start to the season they have put up an 8-12-4 record.
                    ā€¢ They did finish pretty well (6-4-2), but that included three shutout losses and an offense that produced just 25 goals (2.05 goals per game) in that stretch.
                    ā€¢ The defense and goaltending was very good (1.67 gaa) in 10 of the last 12 games. The other two games were the 4-0 loss at home to St Lawrence and last Saturdayā€™s 5-0 loss at Yale.
                    ā€¢ They have won 2 in a row just once since October
                    ā€¢ They are just 6-4-5 at home this year
                    ā€¢ They have not lost 2 straight at home this year, but have won 2 consecutive on home-ice just once.
                    There have been too many times that the post-game comments from Coach Appert included something like ā€œā€¦ We didnā€™t play Engineersā€™ Hockey.ā€ That has been a consistent theme of this team.

Let's hope they find some offense during the post-season and continue to play solid defense. I still think this team could make a run in the playoffs and get to Placid, but they have made it more difficult than any of us thought it would be last October.

LGR!

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                      Your reasoning seems sound. I agree that this is probably the best bracket for RPI to land in considering some of the alternatives.
                      I will be there pulling for the Engineers, but I can't help but wonder which team will show up this weekend. They did beat Dartmouth twice this season, but Dartmouth has posted a 5-3-2 record since their last meeting with RPI. I know this will bring out the venom in some who will say I’m not a loyal fan, but this team is hard figure. Some random thoughts and stats just on this year’s team:
                      • Since a fast 6-2-2 start to the season they have put up an 8-12-4 record.
                      • They did finish pretty well (6-4-2), but that included three shutout losses and an offense that produced just 25 goals (2.05 goals per game) in that stretch.
                      • The defense and goaltending was very good (1.67 gaa) in 10 of the last 12 games. The other two games were the 4-0 loss at home to St Lawrence and last Saturday’s 5-0 loss at Yale.
                      • They have won 2 in a row just once since October
                      • They are just 6-4-5 at home this year
                      • They have not lost 2 straight at home this year, but have won 2 consecutive on home-ice just once.
                      There have been too many times that the post-game comments from Coach Appert included something like “… We didn’t play Engineers’ Hockey.” That has been a consistent theme of this team.

Let's hope they find some offense during the post-season and continue to play solid defense. I still think this team could make a run in the playoffs and get to Placid, but they have made it more difficult than any of us thought it would be last October.

LGR!
                      No one had better do so for you speaking the truth. The games still must be played, and I'm sure their coach remembers what happened to them in the playoffs on home ice five years ago.

Comment

Today is March 3, 2014. There aren't any players ahead of Brock Higgs! Did you vote today?

Vote HERE.

There we go. Nearly to 1/3 of all votes.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click ā€“ Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click ā€“ Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings ā€“ Last Place

Comment

There have been too many times that the post-game comments from Coach Appert included something like “… We didn’t play Engineers’ Hockey.” That has been a consistent theme of this team.

Interesting that you should touch upon this point. I was thinking the same thing. As others have said before, it seems like we have a Plan A, and if that doesn't work, we have Plan A, and if that doesn't work, we have Plan A as well.....

"The" Engineer way.....if other coaches and teams develop a game plan specifically to thwart "the" Engineer way: can we adjust and adapt?

I thought that a true engineer always has a contingency plan.....or two....at least.
                          Last edited by FreshFish; 03-03-2014, 12:00 PM.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I know this will bring out the venom in some who will say Iā€™m not a loyal fan, but this team is hard figure.
                            No venom should ever be directed at a person who uses as much logic and reason in making his argument as you did.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Quick question: Does anyone know if the Dartmouth tickets are sold as a package or is it per game?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                Interesting that you should touch upon this point. I was thinking the same thing. As others have said before, it seems like we have a Plan A, and if that doesn't work, we have Plan A, and if that doesn't work, we have Plan A as well.....

"The" Engineer way.....if other coaches and teams develop a game plan specifically to thwart "the" Engineer way: can we adjust and adapt?

I thought that a true engineer always has a contingency plan.....or two....at least.
                                Plan A = dump and chase, Plan A then = line change at the most inopportune time, Plan A then = get your forward pinched on the left boards, Plan A then further = pass three times as much as you should shoot on a man or 2-man advantage and get scored on shorthanded.
                                Last edited by ibanezist00; 03-03-2014, 04:07 PM.
                                Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X