RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Have been trying to figure this out and cannot but since there seems to be a few people on here with excel experience maybe one of you and help me out.
    I have a workbook with over 60 different sheets in it for truck inventory. I am trying to have a sheet that will have the total off all the sheets by using a sumif or other function since the data on all the sheets is the same. For example, all the sheets have the following headings for each truck:

Inventory Item Qty Cost Total

Now I want a totals sheet for all the trucks without having to do =sheet1 a1 + sheet2 a1 + etc. for each inventory item.
    Anybody know how to do this with the sumif function or other function.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
      Have been trying to figure this out and cannot but since there seems to be a few people on here with excel experience maybe one of you and help me out.
      I have a workbook with over 60 different sheets in it for truck inventory. I am trying to have a sheet that will have the total off all the sheets by using a sumif or other function since the data on all the sheets is the same. For example, all the sheets have the following headings for each truck:

Now I want a totals sheet for all the trucks without having to do =sheet1 a1 + sheet2 a1 + etc. for each inventory item.
      Would you be opposed to doing a macro? You could do a for-loop on the sheets.

Comment

Congrats on getting home ice.

doing a formula over 60 sheets is going to require 60 arguments, and will be a pain to maintain. Write a quick macro (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/142126)
        Let's go Union !
        ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
        ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
        NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Would you be opposed to doing a macro? You could do a for-loop on the sheets.
          I would not but will have to learn about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFan View Post
            Congrats on getting home ice.

doing a formula over 60 sheets is going to require 60 arguments, and will be a pain to maintain. Write a quick macro (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/142126)
            Thanks I will have to figure out how to use them.

Comment

I would not but will have to learn about them.
              Google will pretty much tell you everything. If you have any experience with writing code in Visual Basic, all of the fundamentals are exactly the same.

Comment

First round matchups and resulting second round matchups based on each possible outcome:

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2014/03/...-matchups.html
                APBWiki

Comment

Bad link
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    Bad link
                    Fixed it right after posting, had the link to the image on the clipboard instead of the post, and we know how USCHO hates images now. Should be good now.
                    APBWiki

Comment

I am sort of glad we ended up with the 7th seed instead of the 6th. I know how crazy the first round gets but we played Dartmouth well and if we get them in the 2nd round, Colgate pretty decent this year. Im totally asking for it by saying this, but I don't see why we cant make a run and end up in Lake Placid.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        I am sort of glad we ended up with the 7th seed instead of the 6th. I know how crazy the first round gets but we played Dartmouth well and if we get them in the 2nd round, Colgate pretty decent this year. Im totally asking for it by saying this, but I don't see why we cant make a run and end up in Lake Placid.
                        I was just saying in another thread that we've been successful against Dartmouth this year, 11-3: one game was back in nearly November when we were looking good and the other was in late January where we turned around a 4-game loosing streak. Similarly we had a dominating win over 'Gate back in our better days of November and a 1-1 tie last month. Of course, anything could happen but we certainly have an honest shot at Lake Placid. Let's go RED!
                        Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

If I understand your question correctly:

If all the sheets have exactly the same layout, and you want to sum the total of the all the same cell on every sheet you can simply use the sum function.

suppose you want to add all of cell D5 from every sheet:

=sum('Sheet1'!D5:'Sheet60'!d5) where Sheet1 is the name of the first sheet and Sheet60 is the name of the last sheet.

You also can use the indirect function in some of those cases. The indirect function allows you to write a formula that uses cell entries as formula terms.

So if cell c5 reads 'sheet7!'H8, and you use the formula =indirect(c5) the result is the value from cell 'sheet7'!h8
                          Last edited by FreshFish; 03-02-2014, 07:19 AM.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I thought the same thing about Brown last year. I also do recall that we played this same team five years ago in the playoffs, and an upset also occurred (of course, we were the underdogs). Anything can happen, we just must play hard. A 500 season is still doable.

Comment

I'm not getting ahead of myself but love the match up and potential 2nd round match ups if we advance. 3 points vs gate and Cornell so far this year
                              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

As fans, I also see how our potential progression in the playoffs looks promising based on our play against these teams during the regular season.

Everyone steps up for the playoffs. Can we step up incrementally more than these other teams do?

Let's also hope Scotty can get even hotter than he has been lately!
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X