Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Founders' Mosaic Promise. It's a special beer that they brewed for the ArtPrize event in downtown Grand Rapids, MI this year. It's made exclusively from Golden Promise malt and Mosaic hops, hence the name.

Still trying to figure out what the beer tastes like, though. I'll finish the 6er I have in my fridge, but am unsure if I'll buy it next year.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Killed off my bottle of El Dorado 15 tonight.

Won't be restocking it as while it's good, I much prefer the El Dorado 12 (which will be a permanent fixture) and need the shelf space for some others that I have my eye on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Killed off my bottle of El Dorado 15 tonight.

Won't be restocking it as while it's good, I much prefer the El Dorado 12 (which will be a permanent fixture) and need the shelf space for some others that I have my eye on.
        I have found that the oldest of (insert booze) isn't necessarily the best. I much prefer the Pappy 20 vs the 23, and the Balvenie 12 or 17 over the 21.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I have found that the oldest of (insert booze) isn't necessarily the best. I much prefer the Pappy 20 vs the 23, and the Balvenie 12 or 17 over the 21.

Without question.

I prefer the Flor de Cana 7 to the 12 also.

Comment

Without question.

I prefer the Flor de Cana 7 to the 12 also.
            Before the purists/etc come in....I don't mean to say that the oldest tastes nasty.....but sometimes, less is more.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Before the purists/etc come in....I don't mean to say that the oldest tastes nasty.....but sometimes, less is more.

Of course, the ones I cited are quite nice - just prefer their younger siblings and don't need both from the same family.

Comment

It depends on alot of things. What kind of flavor you like, what kind of barrels are used, what kind of liquor is going into the barrels, etc. Sometimes younger is better, but rarely is a scotch in the 7 year range better than a 12, and 50 years sure does some good.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Angostura 7yo and RC on a beautiful sun splashed day at Camp Randall. This just in... Maryland sucks.

And yes, they serve RC here.

Comment

Wells Banana Bread.

Better than it should be.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                      Tried a Bear Republic Grand Am american pale ale tonight. Not bad. Not as good as their Racer #5 but still worth drinking.
                      Just about everything I've had from Bear Republic is good. They get the most attention for Racer 5 (I guess maybe by default because it has the widest distribution), but the less hoppy stuff (I really like Red Rocket Ale) is solid too.
                      Angostura 7yo and RC on a beautiful sun splashed day at Camp Randall. This just in... Maryland sucks.

And yes, they serve RC here.
                      Wait... do you mean RC Cola? That stuff still exists?
                      Cornell University Men's Hockey
                      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Got 2 bottles Darkness so far.

Drinking my first bottle of Itasca Loonadragon and it is simply excellent. As good as any barrel aged imperial Stout I've had.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                          Wait... do you mean RC Cola? That stuff still exists?

Yep. I didn't know it existed either until our jack_ss AD signed a deal with a concession company that carries it as their cola.

To be honest though, I'd rather have RC than Pepsi... so there's that.

Oh yeah and the store that does the liquor lotteries just sent out the annual Pappy signup. About 6 or 7 varieties including the 20 and 23.

Gonna signup just for S & G's. probably have a better shot at PowerBall.

Comment

Yep. I didn't know it existed either until our jack_ss AD signed a deal with a concession company that carries it as their cola.

To be honest though, I'd rather have RC than Pepsi... so there's that.

Oh yeah and the store that does the liquor lotteries just sent out the annual Pappy signup. About 6 or 7 varieties including the 20 and 23.

Gonna signup just for S & G's. probably have a better shot at PowerBall.

If you ever want to make a deal....especially for the 20. That one was my fave.

Comment

I just want some Stagg
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I just want some Stagg
                                That is my lone unicorn, since my WI trip this past summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X