This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

First off, great weekend! 3 out of 4 against a quality team, and we still have a good shot at home ice! Ferris State is really coming down to earth these past few weeks, a split against them and UA_ just might well get us 4th place! Something that just struck me is how much our defense and goaltending is. In 30 games played we have only given up 77 goals, that is a GAA of 2.5666! It doesn't appear we are going to give up 100 goals! It seems like a long time since that's ever happened. All of our goalies have been great or spectacular this season, and our coaching staff deserves some credit for that. And yes, we are playing in a watered down WCHA, but folks this late into the season we are 15-11-4, we are nearing a point where it is guaranteed a winning season! This is ****ing sweet. Hats off to all of our coaching staff (not just Matt and Josh, though they deserve a lot of it). If they come in and get us a winning season, in their first year...........we should built them a monument. While I know we still have some key and important games left, I am excited. Truly excited. Excited about what our team is, and can do. And it's been a long time, and hasn't happened a lot this late into the season.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      First off, great weekend! 3 out of 4 against a quality team, and we still have a good shot at home ice! Ferris State is really coming down to earth these past few weeks, a split against them and UA_ just might well get us 4th place! Something that just struck me is how much our defense and goaltending is. In 30 games played we have only given up 77 goals, that is a GAA of 2.5666! It doesn't appear we are going to give up 100 goals! It seems like a long time since that's ever happened. All of our goalies have been great or spectacular this season, and our coaching staff deserves some credit for that. And yes, we are playing in a watered down WCHA, but folks this late into the season we are 15-11-4, we are nearing a point where it is guaranteed a winning season! This is ****ing sweet. Hats off to all of our coaching staff (not just Matt and Josh, though they deserve a lot of it). If they come in and get us a winning season, in their first year...........we should built them a monument. While I know we still have some key and important games left, I am excited. Truly excited. Excited about what our team is, and can do. And it's been a long time, and hasn't happened a lot this late into the season.
      Agreed!
      But let's not forget TJ's contribution. And you didn't (Hats off to all of our coaching staff not just Matt and Josh, though they deserve a lot of it).
      Without him holding everything together during the transition a whole bunch of this success would have been impossible.
      He's a workaholic. A great recruiter and coach.
      Thompson also brings a lot to the table. Many of the things he does besides working with our goalies aren't seen by the fans but are essential to our success.
      Matt has done a fantastic job of setting the table for turning this program around.
      It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!
      Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 02-17-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Suze, what was his phone number again? I am going to call him and see what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
          I also want something done to the concrete walls, at the very least it should get painted. I'm tired of looking at grey concrete. A nice wood siding, or something to spruce up the walls would be nice. This should be near last on the things the Sully needs, but I really want this to be acknowledged.
          Here is what was on the project 80's summary worksheet for the Sully:

Sullivan (2015) $ 5,023,000
          CO2 Direct Refrigeration, Boards, Glass, Energy
          Seat Replacement: $2,120,000
          Sound System/Mics: $450,000
          Storage Building: $720,000
          Doors: $100,000
          West Pavers: $320,000

**projects not funded -Paint $ 650,000
          -Boilers/H2O $ 570,000
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
            Suze, what was his phone number again? I am going to call him and see what he says.
            Wolfman, I'd rather not post his phone number on a public forum, but you can find it here:

http://www.muni.org/Departments/park...Directory.aspx
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              Thank You for doing his job for him. Did you write the letter and he just signed it?
              Giving credit where credit is due - he wrote that letter, not I.

Hey, does anyone know what is going on with David Tuttle? In watching the in between interviews of the Saturday night game, it sounded like he was leaving as the color guy for UAA hockey. The broadcast was acting strange, and the beginning of his interview wasn't actually shown. I assume it was his "goodbye" to UAA fans. What's up?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Giving credit where credit is due - he wrote that letter, not I.

Hey, does anyone know what is going on with David Tuttle? In watching the in between interviews of the Saturday night game, it sounded like he was leaving as the color guy for UAA hockey. The broadcast was acting strange, and the beginning of his interview wasn't actually shown. I assume it was his "goodbye" to UAA fans. What's up?
                He's got a job outside the state, now we can get an actual alum who played for the team to be color guy, anyone know what happened to Mitch kean? He still around anchorage?
                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                  He's got a job outside the state, now we can get an actual alum who played for the team to be color guy, anyone know what happened to Mitch kean? He still around anchorage?
                  I actually liked Tuttle, but yeah, there are a lot of alumni in Anchorage. Kean's wife used to be a guidance counselor at Chugiak Highschool.
                  Last edited by Suze; 02-17-2014, 05:56 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Tuttle said he is moving to,Kuwait City to work on C-17's.
                    If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                      Tuttle said he is moving to,Kuwait City to work on C-17's.
                      Thanks Hal9K. There were some issues with the broadcast, like I said. In fact, they didn't come back from commercial in time to see the goal scored by Kwas. Glad it was shown on replay. There were some audio issues as well. I wonder what happened, the broadcasts are usually excellent by UAA.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        Thanks Hal9K. There were some issues with the broadcast, like I said. In fact, they didn't come back from commercial in time to see the goal scored by Kwas. Glad it was shown on replay. There were some audio issues as well. I wonder what happened, the broadcasts are usually excellent by UAA.
                        On Friday, the broadcast was absolutely HORRIBLE! It was NOT produced in HD and not sure what was going on. I will miss Tuttle so much. He is such a great guy and complimented Haider very very well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          On Friday, the broadcast was absolutely HORRIBLE! It was NOT produced in HD and not sure what was going on. I will miss Tuttle so much. He is such a great guy and complimented Haider very very well!
                          They didn't have their light level on the main camera set correctly. When it's set like that it washes everything out and it looks like they are skating on air. Forget looking for the puck. There are a few things they could do to greatly improve their broadcasts in the future. Need 1 camera behind each net up midway maybe? for replays of saves and goals. The main camera needs to be higher or lower than it is, not sure which one? It cannot follow the puck all the way to the corners mainly to its right hand side. Dump the dumb WCHA graphic before you show a replay, wastes time when you could show 2 angles utilizing the net cam. Adjust your main camera angle down as your score box runs parallel to and is centered on the boards...I think above comment solves this problem. Get a cheap camera and set it on the clock and leave it to go to every stoppage in play like in 2-3 minute intervals. Kurt does a great job but it needs to be part of the broadcast. Camera operators need to be on the cameras they are best at and train newer ops how to SMOOTHLY follow the puck. Nothing ruins it more than jerky cams or losing track of the play. TLDR? We generally do an OK job of broadcasting but we need to improve.

Comment

They didn't have their light level on the main camera set correctly. When it's set like that it washes everything out and it looks like they are skating on air. Forget looking for the puck. There are a few things they could do to greatly improve their broadcasts in the future. Need 1 camera behind each net up midway maybe? for replays of saves and goals. The main camera needs to be higher or lower than it is, not sure which one? It cannot follow the puck all the way to the corners mainly to its right hand side. Dump the dumb WCHA graphic before you show a replay, wastes time when you could show 2 angles utilizing the net cam. Adjust your main camera angle down as your score box runs parallel to and is centered on the boards...I think above comment solves this problem. Get a cheap camera and set it on the clock and leave it to go to every stoppage in play like in 2-3 minute intervals. Kurt does a great job but it needs to be part of the broadcast. Camera operators need to be on the cameras they are best at and train newer ops how to SMOOTHLY follow the puck. Nothing ruins it more than jerky cams or losing track of the play. TLDR? We generally do an OK job of broadcasting but we need to improve.
                            The cameras are quite high, half way up the balcony. I did notice that this weekend a camera was set up, for part of the game, by the play-by-play table where Kurt and Tuttle are stationed. Not sure what that was all about, but it was the first time this season I recall seeing one there.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              The cameras are quite high, half way up the balcony. I did notice that this weekend a camera was set up, for part of the game, by the play-by-play table where Kurt and Tuttle are stationed. Not sure what that was all about, but it was the first time this season I recall seeing one there.
                              Might be the one they use before and between periods for them. Should be 5 cameras total for play. One central, one for each zone, and one behind each net (used strictly for replay). But above all they need to learn how to follow play completely and smoothly.

Comment

Might be the one they use before and between periods for them. Should be 5 cameras total for play. One central, one for each zone, and one behind each net (used strictly for replay). But above all they need to learn how to follow play completely and smoothly.
                                Nope, it was up during the game. Still, compared to other broadcasts I have watched, UAA's is fairly good. Wolfman, didn't you tell me earlier that the UAA broadcasts were in HD?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X