X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Heck yeah! His signing bonus was $185,000! You know, he could have left the program like some other players did, but he stuck it out for 4 years. I am just so glad he had a fun senior year, and now this. Wow. Couldn't be more deserved.
    He earned every penny, hope he gets time in the show! Thank you Matt Bailey.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Schedule has been released for next uear
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Off to Maine for the NC road trip. That's a travel.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Off to Maine for the NC road trip. That's a travel.
          It's a might further than the corner grocery store.
          That said I doubt we'll hear a hue and cry about the travel.
          The same can't be said for some of our conference teams.
          When I was looking at the schedule it makes me think we'll be staying outside between some series next season.
          Haven't asked, it's just my guess.
          Moneywise I don't know which is cheaper: airplane tickets or hotel, meal money, ground transport, ice rental, etc.
          Lot of school to miss however not staying up all night traveling, yo-yoing time zones.
          Makes me think this coach wants to win some hockey games.

Comment

So I was looking today to see who UAH could realistically catch next season. I like our puncher's chances next season, and we only go to Fairbanks next year. I know that it's a long trip, and I'd love to have you come down!

Sure, you lose a lot in your senior forwards, but between Allen, Tatchell, and Duwe, I think you're okay. What's going to happen in net?

GFM <— does not expect UAH to catch UAA.
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I really like the schedule. ALL NC games at the beginning of the season, and we play every weekend in the 2nd half except Jan 23-24. With 6 of the last 8 at home.
              Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

End of Season Hockey Banquet

If you have never heard Matt Thomas speak you are in for a real treat.
                Upbeat, humorous and the real inside story.
                He has put a new twist into everything he's done since his arrival last year and I don't expect the banquet to be "the same old thing".
                Coach Thomas is sure to put on an excellent show.
                April 13 Palm Sunday
                Marriott Downtown.....doors open at 6PM (assume that's the "cocktail hour")
                Program at 6:30PM
                It will be very interesting to see who gets what award. Who gets "Most Improved" etc.

The link will get you to the site for ticket purchase.

https://epay.alaska.edu/C21563_ustor...?PRODUCTID=992

We should have a real good turnout to put the cap on a season that exceeded most folks expectations.
                Hope to see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
                  I really like the schedule. ALL NC games at the beginning of the season, and we play every weekend in the 2nd half except Jan 23-24. With 6 of the last 8 at home.
                  I like the last 6 of 8 games being played at the Sully. I tried to look up the UA_ schedule, but they only have the two Alaska tournaments listed. And I really find it ironic that their hockey page has a background of Mt. McKinley on it. They are Alaska wanna-be's! Like you can see ANY mountains when you are in _airbanks.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    It will be very interesting to see who gets what award. Who gets "Most Improved" etc.
                    I know this isn't usually a trendy pick, but I would select Gunderson for that award. Gundy increased his save pct. from .873 to .900, and lowered his GAA by more than 1.3 goals.

I would say Andrew Pettit and Kamal would be close 2nds and 3rds.
                    _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                    No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                      I know this isn't usually a trendy pick, but I would select Gunderson for that award. Gundy increased his save pct. from .873 to .900, and lowered his GAA by more than 1.3 goals.

I would say Andrew Pettit and Kamal would be close 2nds and 3rds.
                      I'm liking the numbers you're digging up!
                      Got any others?

Comment

Got any others?
                        Here's another stat. Hudson friesen scored the first and last goal of the season.
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Got any others?
                          Gundy faced 520 shots in 12-13, and 499 shots in 13-14. However, he played nearly 150 more minutes in 13-14 than in 12-13. This would lead me to believe that our defense blocked a LOT of shots. Not taking anything away from Gundy, because he faced almost the same amount of shots. But obviously less shots were getting to the net this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            And I really find it ironic that their hockey page has a background of Mt. McKinley on it. They are Alaska wanna-be's! Like you can see ANY mountains when you are in _airbanks.
                            Hey You can see a lot of "mountains" in _airbanks just drive down any back street and there are "mountains everywhere" ……… yards heaped high with treasures, some with tunnels. Those are the "true _airbanks mountains"
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                              Gundy faced 520 shots in 12-13, and 499 shots in 13-14. However, he played nearly 150 more minutes in 13-14 than in 12-13. This would lead me to believe that our defense blocked a LOT of shots. Not taking anything away from Gundy, because he faced almost the same amount of shots. But obviously less shots were getting to the net this season.
                              That is a very nice trend which I'd like to see continued.
                              Did you happen to work up Kamal's numbers to see if that is also the trend with him?

Comment

That is a very nice trend which I'd like to see continued.
                                Did you happen to work up Kamal's numbers to see if that is also the trend with him?
                                No I didn't. Kamal did improve, but played a lot more last season than this season. His case is less compelling.

Comment

Working...
                                X