This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Coach Matt Thomas and TV/radio play by play man Kurt Haider will be producing their show live and open to the public at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center Thursday evening at 6 pm.
    The show is replacing what in the past has been the Coach's Lunch.
    Matt says he will be taking questions and comments from anyone attending.
    This week is Parents Weekend so hopefully they will be there.
    Great venue with food and beverage available.
    It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Does that include adult beverages?
      _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
      No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
        Does that include adult beverages?
        Yes local brews on tap ....... Oh by the way.... you owe me one.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          Yes local brews on tap ....... Oh by the way.... you owe me one.
          Deal.
          _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
          No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Congratulations to our own Tlisa Northcutt for being named the 2014 "Outstanding Professional in Philanthropy"
            Tlisa will be recognized at the "National Philanthropy Day in Alaska Luncheon" Nov 21 at the Dena'ina Center

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              Congratulations to our own Tlisa Northcutt for being named the 2014 "Outstanding Professional in Philanthropy"
              Tlisa will be recognized at the "National Philanthropy Day in Alaska Luncheon" Nov 21 at the Dena'ina Center
              Wow, what a great accomplishment!

Comment

Coach Matt Thomas and TV/radio play by play man Kurt Haider will be producing their show live and open to the public at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center Thursday evening at 6 pm.
                The show is replacing what in the past has been the Coach's Lunch.
                Matt says he will be taking questions and comments from anyone attending.
                This week is Parents Weekend so hopefully they will be there.
                UAA's Coaches Corner set to premiere Thursday
                Courtesy UAA Media Relations
                Tue, October 28, 2014
                ANCHORAGE – The first edition of the Alaska Anchorage Coaches Corner will take place Oct. 30 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Varsity Sports Grill with head hockey coach Matt Thomas and host Kurt Haider. The show can be heard live on KENI 650 AM, iHeart Radio or can be viewed in person.
                In conjunction with iHeart Media, Thomas and Haider will sit down for 60 minutes and talk hockey, while taking questions from the audience. Additionally, guests and student-athletes will also take part in the live show. This week’s event will feature freshman goaltender Olivier Mantha.
                The Coaches Corner will take place the Thursday prior to a home series, with the exception of Ferris State (Jan. 8-9), which is a Thursday-Friday series. That show will be held on Wednesday.
                The Varsity Sports Grill in located on the top floor of the Alaska Airlines Center. Paying patrons receive complimentary parking during their visit.
                COACHES CORNER SCHEDULE
                Thursday, Oct. 30
                Thursday, Nov. 20
                Thursday, Dec. 5
                Wednesday, Jan. 7
                Thursday, Jan. 12
                Thursday, Feb. 26
                Thursday, March 5
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Tip of the Hat to Tlisa........ a great day to be a Seawolf.

Comment

Nice article in the paper about Hubbs:

http://www.adn.com/article/20141028/...illing-prowess
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Tonight's "Coach's Corner" radio show live on campus at the Alaska Airlines Center was a standing room only success! The food service and bar hustled and did an admirable job of keeping up.
                      Radio personality Kurt Haider paired with Coach Thomas is a winning combination.
                      Having goalie Olivier Mantha join the show was the icing on the cake.
                      Great time was had by all.

Comment

Tonight's "Coach's Corner" radio show live on campus at the Alaska Airlines Center was a standing room only success! The food service and bar hustled and did an admirable job of keeping up.
                        Radio personality Kurt Haider paired with Coach Thomas is a winning combination.
                        Having goalie Olivier Mantha join the show was the icing on the cake.
                        Great time was had by all.
                        I listened to the show on the radio and it sounded like there were a lot of fans there. That's great! What a good thing for the program. Loved the Mantha interview ... he sounds very personable. And you know what? He's NOT a crazy goalie.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          I listened to the show on the radio and it sounded like there were a lot of fans there. That's great! What a good thing for the program. Loved the Mantha interview ... he sounds very personable. And you know what? He's NOT a crazy goalie.
                          Just crazy good!

Comment

In Utah and figured I'd catch a Grizzlies game. Checking out Jordan Kwas in a Colorado Jersey. Figured he got schooled by Kunyk enough he would snag his number. Can't blame him...
                            Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                              In Utah and figured I'd catch a Grizzlies game. Checking out Jordan Kwas in a Colorado Jersey. Figured he got schooled by Kunyk enough he would snag his number. Can't blame him...
                              I was about to look up where Kwas landed, it seemed a real shame if he didn't get a crack at the pros. How did Kwas look?
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                                I was about to look up where Kwas landed, it seemed a real shame if he didn't get a crack at the pros. How did Kwas look?
                                Got some good ice time. 3rd line center. Colorado beat down Utah pretty good to, 6-2 final. Had a good scoring chance that I saw get deflected wide. He also won a vast majority of his face offs
                                Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X