• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Mantha, Tatchell take home WCHA honors
    Courtesy UAA Media Relations
    Mon, January 19, 2015
    EDINA, Minn. – Following a weekend sweep of their in-state rival, the Alaska Anchorage Seawolves received two Western Collegiate Hockey Association Player of the Week honors in junior Blake Tatchell and freshman Olivier Mantha, announced by the conference Monday.
    Tatchell was named Offensive Player of the Week and Mantha was selected as Rookie of the Week, while Lake Superior State goaltender Gordon Defiel was named Defensive Player of the Week.
    Tatchell furnished a three-point weekend, factoring in both game-winning scores, as UAA swept Alaska Fairbanks with a pair of one-goal road wins in Fairbanks. The junior from North Battleford, Saskatchewan picked up the primary assist on both UAA goals in a 2-1, Friday night victory.
    On Saturday, Tatchell lifted the Seawolves to a 3-2, overtime triumph when he netted the game-winning goal 3:07 into the extra period. Tatchell’s heroics lifted UAA to its first road wins of the season and a 2-0 lead in the Alaska Airlines Governor’s Cup.
    Meanwhile, Mantha stopped 80 of 83 shots on the weekend, backstopping the Seawolves’ two victories. The freshman from La Tuque, Québec matched his career high with 46 saves Saturday night, allowing the Seawolves to escape with a 3-2, overtime win despite being outshot 48-16.
    Mantha also had 34 saves Friday, including nine in the third period, as UAA earned a 2-1 victory. With a .928 save percentage during his rookie campaign, Mantha is on pace to eclipse UAA’s single-season record of .921 (set in 2003-04 by Chris King.)
    The Seawolves are idle this weekend before hitting the road for a pair of league series at Northern Michigan (Jan. 30-31) and Minnesota State (Feb. 6-7).
    It's great to see two UAA players get awards in the same week. Well deserved, we are proud of you two, and of the entire team.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

A fantastic sweep, great momentum! For a bye week...
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I just read that our incoming recruit, Mason Mitchell, is a cousin of Rene Bourque. This Mitchell kid has been called "The most feared force in the AJHL". Lots of penalty minutes, but it looks like there is a lot of scoring potential as well. Certainly he won't be a player whom the coaches have to kick in the butt to motivate, just the opposite. They are going to have to figure out how to rein him in a bit.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...362/story.html

Read the very last paragraph on Mitchell.

Our recruit Jeremy Luedtke is the Spruce Kings leading scorer with 17 goals and 33 assists.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
          I just read that our incoming recruit, Mason Mitchell, is a cousin of Rene Bourque. This Mitchell kid has been called "The most feared force in the AJHL". Lots of penalty minutes, but it looks like there is a lot of scoring potential as well. Certainly he won't be a player whom the coaches have to kick in the butt to motivate, just the opposite. They are going to have to figure out how to rein him in a bit.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...362/story.html

Read the very last paragraph on Mitchell.

Our recruit Jeremy Luedtke is the Spruce Kings leading scorer with 17 goals and 33 assists.
          Of course the article says he is committed to UAF.
          _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
          No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
            Of course the article says he is committed to UAF.
            The article is wrong. Numerous sites, including the team he plays for and Heisenbergs site, says he is coming to UAA.

http://www.nanaimoclippers.com/leagu...leagueID=12488
            http://www.calgaryjrmustangs.ca/team/roster.html
            http://www.collegecommitments.com/Co...x?a1bdi=NCAAD1
            http://www.adn.com/article/20140403/...-more-recruits
            http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rep...ka-Anchorage/3
            https://twitter.com/search?q=mason%2...orage&src=typd
            http://overtheboards.net/recruiting-...-wcha-uaa-uah/
            http://www.powellriverkings.com/leag...D=1413&stype=1

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• For those that didn't know, do not challenge Suze! Including the nimrod who wrote the good article with incorrect info.

Comment

For those that didn't know, do not challenge Suze! Including the nimrod who wrote the good article with incorrect info.
                I wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong. I did the research because I wanted to be sure he was really a UAA recruit. I just thought you might want to be assured as well.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong. I did the research because I wanted to be sure he was really a UAA recruit. I just thought you might want to be assured as well.
                  I verified 3 different places before I posted that. I meant it like, Of course they screwed up and said he was going to UAF.

Comment

I verified 3 different places before I posted that. I meant it like, Of course they screwed up and said he was going to UA_.
                    FYP. It's strange that Matheson got that one wrong.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Tonight on channel 2 news sports had a feature on defenseman, number 5 Austin Sevalrud.
                      Guy is very talented in music as well as hockey.
                      Very positive light on a very talented guy!
                      Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-26-2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Some of the Seawolf faithful will be at The Crossbar tomorrow at 3:07 PM to watch the game.
                        Come join us to help cheer the guys on.

Comment

Well, that's the season folks. Just playing it out from this point on.

Probably got another season or two of this.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Well, that's the season folks. Just playing it out from this point on.

Probably got another season or two of this.
                            We can't win on the road, so why even go to the playoffs? Put us out of our misery early. Sigh.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

We can't win on the road, so why even go to the playoffs? Put us out of our misery early. Sigh.
                              The way the season is going I imagine we'll somehow choke away the Governor's Cup to top it off
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                The way the season is going I imagine we'll somehow choke away the Governor's Cup to top it off
                                Maybe not, it seems that may be the only thing left for both Alaska schools to play for.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X