X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Also 1997 born Aaron McPheters from Anchorage has committed to UAA. He is a pretty well regarded D-man playing for SKS Academy U-16 (Elites) AAA in Connecticut. He turned 17 on March 25th. Hopefully for him he catches on with a good Jr. A team next year but at 5'8" 140lbs right now he may find playing U-18AAA a better option. It's a nice early commit in any case that we haven't seen too often at UAA and tends to show the staff is working on the local talent base. He'd be a 2017 ... maybe? Lots of time to watch him develop.
    Agreed, UAA hasn't been getting this kind of elite local player so it's great to see! Hopefully more recruits like Aaron are in the future for Seawolf hockey.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by arcticpurple View Post
      Just received this email from a local hockey association. It has all the information needed to make some noise. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Parnell to step-up without some pressure.

"Urgent Call to Action To Save our Ice Rinks

Last week the state suspended a $37 million grant that was meant to pay for critical repairs to the city’s ice arenas, the Performing Arts Center, Egan Center and the Anchorage Museum.

Work immediately stopped on all projects, which jeopardizes the $700,000 in new Freon the McDonald Center has on order and the new scoreboard for the Sullivan Arena.

We need you – and everyone you can muster – to immediately contact the governor and the legislature and ask them to get this money released. This is the last week of the legislative session so time is of the essence.

The name of this grant is Designated Legislative Grant 14-DC029 – Project 80’s Deferred and Critical Maintenance.

Send your comments to:

Sen. Lesil McGuire and ask her to withdraw her complaint.
      Senator.Lesil.McGuire@akleg.gov

Send a copy to:
      Senator.Fred.Dyson@akleg.gov, Senator.Johnny.Ellis@akleg.gov,
      Senator.Anna.Fairclough@akleg.gov, Senator.Hollis.French@akleg.gov,
      Senator.Berta.Gardner@akleg.gov, Senator.Cathy.Giessel@akleg.gov,
      Senator.Kevin.Meyer@akleg.gov, Senator.Bill.Wielechowski@akleg.gov

Ask Gov. Sean Parnell to not let politics freeze these badly needed funds.
      sean.parnell@alaska.gov

Here are the projects at risk:

Ben Boeke – $7,040,000 – New changing room, storage rooms, install security fence along Chester Creek, rebuilt south parking lot, revamp concession area, replace walkways, curbs and exterior security lighting.

Sullivan Arena – $9,303,000 –New concrete floor, upgrade to ice plant, new paint and graphics, new sound and lighting systems, exterior storage building, replace landscaping and repair security and leaking roof on west side.

Dempsey Anderson – $6,350,000 – Upgrade front parking lot, build upper level mezzanine to connect rinks 1 and 2, revamp lower level entrance and concession area, raise bleacher height in rink 2, paint outside.

Harry J. McDonald Memorial Center – $4,000,000 – Complete retro-fitting of refrigeration system and improvements or upgrades to associated facility systems.

Anchorage Center for the Performing Arts – $550,000 – Replacement of HVAC system, fire detection system and the Harrison Lobby stairway carpet.

Egan Center – $350,000 – Replace walk-in cooler/freezer, security cameras and eight large air handling units.

Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center – $5,000,000 – Expand and upgrade Alaska Gallery and the HVAC system, renovate atrium and auditorium.

Anchorage needs this $37 million – and we need it now.
      "
      Thanks for posting this information. I am headed to shoot out those emails right now!!
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Just received this email from a local hockey association. It has all the information needed to make some noise. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Parnell to step-up without some pressure.

"Urgent Call to Action To Save our Ice Rinks

Last week the state suspended a $37 million grant that was meant to pay for critical repairs to the city’s ice arenas, the Performing Arts Center, Egan Center and the Anchorage Museum.

Work immediately stopped on all projects, which jeopardizes the $700,000 in new Freon the McDonald Center has on order and the new scoreboard for the Sullivan Arena.

We need you – and everyone you can muster – to immediately contact the governor and the legislature and ask them to get this money released. This is the last week of the legislative session so time is of the essence.

The name of this grant is Designated Legislative Grant 14-DC029 – Project 80’s Deferred and Critical Maintenance.

Send your comments to:

Sen. Lesil McGuire and ask her to withdraw her complaint.
        Senator.Lesil.McGuire@akleg.gov

Send a copy to:
        Senator.Fred.Dyson@akleg.gov, Senator.Johnny.Ellis@akleg.gov,
        Senator.Anna.Fairclough@akleg.gov, Senator.Hollis.French@akleg.gov,
        Senator.Berta.Gardner@akleg.gov, Senator.Cathy.Giessel@akleg.gov,
        Senator.Kevin.Meyer@akleg.gov, Senator.Bill.Wielechowski@akleg.gov

Ask Gov. Sean Parnell to not let politics freeze these badly needed funds.
        sean.parnell@alaska.gov

Here are the projects at risk:

Ben Boeke – $7,040,000 – New changing room, storage rooms, install security fence along Chester Creek, rebuilt south parking lot, revamp concession area, replace walkways, curbs and exterior security lighting.

Sullivan Arena – $9,303,000 –New concrete floor, upgrade to ice plant, new paint and graphics, new sound and lighting systems, exterior storage building, replace landscaping and repair security and leaking roof on west side.

Dempsey Anderson – $6,350,000 – Upgrade front parking lot, build upper level mezzanine to connect rinks 1 and 2, revamp lower level entrance and concession area, raise bleacher height in rink 2, paint outside.

Harry J. McDonald Memorial Center – $4,000,000 – Complete retro-fitting of refrigeration system and improvements or upgrades to associated facility systems.

Anchorage Center for the Performing Arts – $550,000 – Replacement of HVAC system, fire detection system and the Harrison Lobby stairway carpet.

Egan Center – $350,000 – Replace walk-in cooler/freezer, security cameras and eight large air handling units.

Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center – $5,000,000 – Expand and upgrade Alaska Gallery and the HVAC system, renovate atrium and auditorium.

Anchorage needs this $37 million – and we need it now.
        "
        Thanks Suze just did them all even Patsey's Boss
        now for you "hand holders" just click on their names and paste in the following
        For the subject…copy this Please support and pass Grant 14-DC029 Project 80’s Maintenance.

For your support letter copy this
        As a resident I ask you please support and pass Grant 14-DC029 Project 80’s Maintenance.
        All the buildings are in need of maintenance and upgrades to make life for of us residents and all the visitors that use the buildings safer and more up to date. Thanks
        Fill in the blanks
        Your name________________
        Address__________________
        State_______
        Zip code___________________
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          Thanks Suze just did them all even Patsey's Boss
          now for you "hand holders" just click on their names and paste in the following
          For the subject…copy this Please support and pass Grant 14-DC029 Project 80’s Maintenance.

For your support letter copy this
          As a resident I ask you please support and pass Grant 14-DC029 Project 80’s Maintenance.
          All the buildings are in need of maintenance and upgrades to make life for of us residents and all the visitors that use the buildings safer and more up to date. Thanks
          Fill in the blanks
          Your name________________
          Address__________________
          State_______
          Zip code___________________
          I have got one reply so far.....Sen. Lesil McGuire she wants all the maintenance done just not the tennis courts slipped into the grant.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
            I have got one reply so far.....Sen. Lesil McGuire she wants all the maintenance done just not the tennis courts slipped into the grant.
            She's the one who started the withdrawal process in the first place.
            She's running against Mayor Sneak for the Republican nomination for Lt. Gov. Some choice huh? You want to be shot or hung?
            And then if something happens, one of them ends up Governor.
            Neither one cares what's good for the whole. Only what they think is good for their personal egos.
            Just hope she can get the Projects 80 money put back in before they adjourn.
            What is it? Less than a week left to do it??

Comment

I heard from Sen. McGuire and Sen. Gardner as well. One paragraph was encouraging -
              The Commissioner has asked for the Project 80s money to be put on hold temporarily so that the Department can get assurances that new facilities are not being built with the money that we so desperately need to go towards repairs. She is ready to release the money ASAP.
              Sen. Gardner said
              It's frustrating that the tennis controversy got the ice rinks fund tied up but I anticipate resolution soon with no argument over the critical and deferred maintenance needs. The Department of Commerce has said they are moving to get the grant language worked out before the end of session.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I got a similar response from Gardner...with a little added jab that she'd like to see the 10 million for the tennis courts put towards the library or back in the general fund. She seemed confident that the projects the funding was inteded for will get funded.

Comment

I got a similar response from Gardner...with a little added jab that she'd like to see the 10 million for the tennis courts put towards the library or back in the general fund. She seemed confident that the projects the funding was inteded for will get funded.
                  Yes, she told me that too. I had to remind her that tennis never got 10 million, they got 4. She replied I was correct, but she couldn't remember where the other 6 million was distributed.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Yes, she told me that too. I had to remind her that tennis never got 10 million, they got 4. She replied I was correct, but she couldn't remember where the other 6 million was distributed.
                    Ask mayor Sneak. Or Turncoat Lindsey. They know about the 6.
                    You get what you vote for.....but not if you voted for the Turncoat.
                    Aint AK politics grand?
                    No it isn't!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                      Ask mayor Sneak. Or Turncoat Lindsey. They know about the 6.
                      You get what you vote for.....but not if you voted for the Turncoat.
                      Aint AK politics grand?
                      No it isn't!
                      Yeah, no kidding, it definitely is not. Political pawn in some dumbA game. OK fine the 4 mil is a joke so let's seperate it out and be on our way with the upgrades, reno, repairs...oh no we have to showboat and stop the whole process. Why? Draws attention to our future aspirations of being Lt Gov. and proves to the public how fiscally responsible we are, not that we could not have taken care of all this up front at the time, no we wait until it has an impact. Pawns people, sheep to guide around at their will.
                      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Damon Whitten being interviewed today for Lake Superior State head coaching position.

http://www.hockeynewsnorth.com/ncaa/...erviews-begin/

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Matt Anholt coming in a year early. Dunno what to think about that ... he looks to be more of a playmaker than a scorer and maybe since he was the captain in Kelowna there's something about him that UAA's staff finds compelling enough? I dunno. Have to wait and see I guess. Maybe they're losing someone that they didn't expect to lose??

Comment

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...funding-juneau

Looks like the new tennis facility is a thing of the past. Hopefully things will start to move forward for all of the ice arenas. What is shameful is that the city has already spent $63,000 in parks bond money on the tennis project!
                            Last edited by Suze; 04-23-2014, 01:16 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...funding-juneau

Looks like the new tennis facility is a thing of the past. Hopefully things will start to move forward for all of the ice arenas. What is shameful is that the city has already spent $63,000 in parks bond money on the tennis project!
                              I'm not so sure the fight has ended.
                              Mayor Sneak, Turncoat Lindsay, Ernie Backroom (aka Hall) and Jen Johnson are way to good at hatching self serving, in the dark of the night, out of public sight deals, to count them out just yet.
                              Skullduggery, blackmailing, twisted interpretations, sleight of hand, rabbits jumping from hats, etc., etc. will never be put to bed by that bunch.
                              Only after we are looking through the new glass and the refrigeration pipes are buried and new ice equipment is installed and producing ice will those and other "Projects 80's" updates be safe from the money clutching claws of that bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                I'm not so sure the fight has ended.
                                Mayor Sneak, Turncoat Lindsay, Ernie Backroom (aka Hall) and Jen Johnson are way to good at hatching self serving, in the dark of the night, out of public sight deals, to count them out just yet.
                                Skullduggery, blackmailing, twisted interpretations, sleight of hand, rabbits jumping from hats, etc., etc. will never be put to bed by that bunch.
                                Only after we are looking through the new glass and the refrigeration pipes are buried and new ice equipment is installed and producing ice will those and other "Projects 80's" updates be safe from the money clutching claws of that bunch.
                                Nah, I don't think that tennis stands a chance, too controversial. But why the money is slated to be spent on roads is beyond me ... it was intended for the aging buildings built in the 80's.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X