X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
    DING DING DING DING

Exactly. I hope BG tries to engage the kiddies as well. Every school should be doing something like this- kids are great way to boost attendance.

Well, that and fancy scoreboards.
    Wood plank seating doesn't lend a hand either.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Matt continues to come up with great ideas for the program.
      Spirit's SeaPups Club not only drags the parents along, it builds Seawolf loyalty.
      What kid can belong to this and not want to be a Seawolf player?
      It's a new day and a Great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        Spirit's SeaPups Club not only drags the parents along, it builds Seawolf loyalty.
        I agree. I know other programs have done something similar, and am pleased that UAA is being proactive!
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          I agree. I know other programs have done something similar, and am pleased that UAA is being proactive!
          This is an over the top of all others, as the majority of the others you get a shoe shine and a free ticket to one low attended game. I can see Squarebanks and others getting a phony ID to get the "Spirit's SeaPups Club" discount.

I would love to see about 200 kids skating warm-ups before the Green and Gold game.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Actually, it was the AD who came up with this idea, way to go Keith! Now to promote the heck out of this so people know about it - since it is replacing the green & gold night and jersey nights. A lot of kids took advantage of those offers, so we need to spread the word about the change. This should make it easier on the staff at the student table on game nights as well.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Have you all seen the latest news release? I like this idea!

Article can be found here:

http://www.goseawolves.com//ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=6373&DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=209605485

I wonder if this means they will be doing away with the Green and Gold Jersey nights for kids? Get the kids in the door and the parents will follow. This is why I love it when the little kids play hockey in between periods ...
              Great idea, this should help the lower bowl fill up.
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Sent to me by a friend. Read it when it first came out but as the friend says: It's worth a re-read.
                Hope the link works.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...ollege-hockey/

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCvFClriRQI
                  short version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cOY01TLWu8
                  Long version

Looking forward (and back) to hockey.

Comment

Sent to me by a friend. Read it when it first came out but as the friend says: It's worth a re-read.
                    Hope the link works.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...ollege-hockey/
                    Great article. I love Bourne's way with words. I wonder who the other two schools were that flew him down for a look see at their campus?

I just noticed that Andrew Pettit is not on the current roster.
                    Last edited by Suze; 08-15-2014, 07:55 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Great article. I love Bourne's way with words. I wonder who the other two schools were that flew him down for a look see at their campus?

I just noticed that Andrew Pettit is not on the current roster.
                      Andy Pettit, Bobby Murphy, both little guys. Who else?

Comment

Andy Pettit, Bobby Murphy, both little guys. Who else?
                        Obarzanek, but I don't think he even played a single game.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Obarzanek, but I don't think he even played a single game.
                          No he didn't but coach did take him on a trip as backup to Gundy when the other two were hurt.
                          Coach took the entire team to the playoffs. Don't know if that's the usual but none the less I thought it was a classy move.

Comment

No he didn't but coach did take him on a trip as backup to Gundy when the other two were hurt.
                            Coach took the entire team to the playoffs. Don't know if that's the usual but none the less I thought it was a classy move.
                            Wow, they must have been really desperate to take a forward as a back-up goalie!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Wow, they must have been really desperate to take a forward as a back-up goalie!
                              Well, I'm pretty sure that trip was to Huntsville, and it's not like we could score that many on pretty much anybody last year.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                Well, I'm pretty sure that trip was to Huntsville, and it's not like we could score that many on pretty much anybody last year.

GFM
                                Well, if I remember correctly UAA didn't get a sweep down there.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X