X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    I've been told that the hockey team will be working out in the new Alaska Airlines Center. Are the hockey offices going to be there too, or still at the Farg?

I get your point, and when we're talking about North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc. it's the big picture. UAA can't compete with those schools facilities wise, but it's more than a locker room. It's the total package. What does UA_ have other than a locker room? The Carlson sucks, Fairbanks sucks and they don't fill their barn any more than we do the Sully.
    Guess you'd have to ask that coach and the kid.

Comment

I know you're right about that, I heard the same thing from other fans.
      I heard it from Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
        3rd goalie for next year

@OTBPuckWatch: 94 G Jared D’Amico (Okotoks) commits to UAA. 5′9 stopper is a 3-year @TheAJHL veteran, Edge school (Calgary) product.

Here is his stats for this year

ajhl.ca/statistics/south_division_stats/okotoks_oilers.html
        You even scooped Chris Heisenberg with this news!
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Suze;5950872]You even scooped Chris Heisenberg with this news![/
          over the boards and ushr twitter feeds are the way to go.
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

[QUOTE=seawolfpunk;5950936]
            You even scooped Chris Heisenberg with this news!
            over the boards and ushr twitter feeds are the way to go.
            Thanks!
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I've been told that the hockey team will be working out in the new Alaska Airlines Center. Are the hockey offices going to be there too, or still at the Farg?
              All the student athletes will be working out in the new workout areas in the AAC. The former “work out area “was a joke" ,but all the room they had ( 3 handball courts).The Hockey offices will stay at the Wells Fargo but to bigger offices after a remodel as most of all the other team offices will move to their new home.

I get your point, and when we're talking about North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc. it's the big picture. UAA can't compete with those schools facilities wise, but it's more than a locker room. It's the total package. What does UA_ have other than a locker room? The Carlson sucks, Fairbanks sucks and they don't fill their barn any more than we do the Sully.
              A college campus with almost 3 times as many dorms as UAA but have 1/2 the students.
              A full blown student center
              A pub on campus
              More recreation areas and things to do on campus.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                All the student athletes will be working out in the new workout areas in the AAC. The former “work out area “was a joke" ,but all the room they had ( 3 handball courts).The Hockey offices will stay at the Wells Fargo but to bigger offices after a remodel as most of all the other team offices will move to their new home.

A college campus with almost 3 times as many dorms as UAA but have 1/2 the students.
                A pub on campus
                I am wondering when the new Rec center is built on the UAA campus if the hockey team will have its own work-out area along with the coaching offices. I am still confused if this new Rec Center is supposed to be attached to a new hockey arena on campus though...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                  I am wondering when the new Rec center is built on the UAA campus if the hockey team will have its own work-out area along with the coaching offices. I am still confused if this new Rec Center is supposed to be attached to a new hockey arena on campus though...
                  You are 2 building's ahead of me. ........ The new AAC has 2 "work out area's" a 1,500 sq ft. and a 3,500 sq ft area. total of 5,000 sq ft

I hope the "old work out area's in the Wells Fsargo are put back to the hand ball courts that they were before.
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

A pub on campus
                    When the AAC is built, there will be a pub at UAA as well. Even though there is no hockey in the new arena, I still see this as a benefit to UAA as a whole, even to the hockey team if they are working out there in the new state of the art facilities.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

A college campus with almost 3 times as many dorms as UAA but have 1/2 the students (more poon to tap? *Shudder*.)
                      A pub on campus (according to Wolfman this is in the works at the AAC)
                      More recreation areas and things to do on campus.(Because leaving campus is a punishment and they don't want you leaving the city once you've figured that out.)
                      I think you missed the most important part...
                      The Carlson sucks, Fairbanks sucks and they don't fill their barn any more than we do the Sully.
                      When the AAC is built, there will be a pub at UAA as well
                      Even though there is no hockey in the new arena, I still see this as a benefit to UAA as a whole, even to the hockey team if they are working out there in the new state of the art facilities.
                      Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
                        I think you missed the most important part...
                        I found out that the Patty Center is Fairbanks is getting Blue and Gold theater seating for their basketball facilities this summer. This will upgrade the patty center for spectator comforts to help make the center look more like a college basketball arena versus a high school gym. Supposed to be installed in June.

So, UAF is trying their best to recruit and have facilities for all their sports. I really think Keith Hacket might have something up his sleeve for a new UAA on-campus ice arena. And I think this could be built next door to the new basketball facility connected by bridge..

I am just speculating though! :-)

Comment

According to twitter
                          Michigan Tech assistant Damon Whitten will be the next coach at Lake Superior State, per sources. Announcement at noon tomorrow.
                          Congrats Damon.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

According to twitter

Congrats Damon.
                            College hockey coaching's hottest wife is headed to LSSU.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                              College hockey coaching's hottest wife is headed to LSSU.
                              LOL. You're funny DD.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                                I found out that the Patty Center is Fairbanks is getting Blue and Gold theater seating for their basketball facilities this summer. This will upgrade the patty center for spectator comforts to help make the center look more like a college basketball arena versus a high school gym. Supposed to be installed in June.
                                So, UAF is trying their best to recruit and have facilities for all their sports.
                                They’ll only need about 200…… which is about their typical attendance.
                                They have one item they can’t fix………. Since 1977…..heads up with little Brother
                                UAA 290……..UA_ 142 Our weak older sister has 169 day until they can even work on the dilemma but I foresee UAA getting 300 before weak big sister gets 150…..
                                You can’t fix stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X